PDA

View Full Version : The Emperor Idiot ..

Camel Spider
19-Nov-07, 13:04
.. thats what I call him.

Has anyone else ever come undone after listening to that internal voice that tells you .. "Go ahead .. it will be alright"

I took a friends new bike out for run this morning and when the idea popped into my head he told me it would be OK .. and I believed him. So I opened the taps and went for the overtake on a wet road on an unfamiliar bike. It would have been a piece of cake on my bike. During the overtake though it became rapidly apparent I had misjudged (this bike is a LOT quicker) and I was approaching the corner a little too quick, the major drama however was the car coming round it on the wrong side !!, after a quick swerve and a tank slapper that seemed to go on forever I was through. He had got me again.

When I was moving house and needed to move my TV I was going to get my friend to help me lift it as it is quite heavy but then I thought that I could manage it myself .. "Go ahead .. it will be alright" .. lucky I had accidental damage cover, watching a widescreen telly bounce down stairs was quite amusing in hindsight

After being divorced for a year I thought about asking out a friend of my ex wife .. "Go ahead it .. it will be alright" .. It wasnt all right by the ex (her mate was all set to be the next Camel Spiderette though) and it took me a long time to hear the end of it.

Has he caught anyone else out ??

Thumper
19-Nov-07, 13:25
Pssst....camelspider!Dont listen to the voices,they always give you bad advice hun! ;) x

starry
19-Nov-07, 13:39
My voice told me it would be good to get very drunk on Saturday before going to a wedding dance where everyone (I mean everyone) was soberer than me.

It also told me that spending two hours trying to get a phone number for Hampden so I could leave a message saying I was very proud of our team was a good idea. God only knows how much I spent on 118 calls :roll:

Today it is telling me that sitting on the couch and not tidying my tip of a house is a good idea - I am going with this one.

I think my inner voice is still a daft teenager !

bluelady
19-Nov-07, 13:43
http://www.british-genealogy.com/forums/images/smilies/sm-doh.gif Dinnae listen to e Emporer he will get ye into trouble, listen to Sir Sensible http://www.british-genealogy.com/forums/images/smilies/sm2-scold.gif he'll keep ye rite. LOL

Thumper
19-Nov-07, 13:48
Yip I have that voice too Starry,he speaks to me most sat nites,his name is Morgan ;) he tells me to do all kinds of daft things and no matter how hard I try I usually end up doing just what he tells me to [lol] x

Camel Spider
19-Nov-07, 17:18
Pssst....camelspider!Dont listen to the voices,they always give you bad advice hun! ;) x

Ok .. but what does it mean when they are snoring ?? .. :eek:

Thumper
19-Nov-07, 17:22
Ok .. but what does it mean when they are snoring ?? .. :eek:
Camelspider,it's not snoring you are hearing Hun,it's the voices laughing at ya! ;) x

George Brims
19-Nov-07, 18:10
My wife recently bought me a T-shirt that says "I know the voices aren't real, but they have some very good ideas". I wonder what she's getting at?