PDA

View Full Version : Are snares legal?

Raonaid
03-Sep-05, 21:01
It is my understanding that fixed snares are illegal but running ones are not provided that they are checked daily, does anyone know if this is correct or not?

Gizmo
03-Sep-05, 22:03
They should both be banned, dreadful things, what a horrid way for an animal to die, it's pure and utter cruelty

Lindarabett
03-Sep-05, 22:35
Well said Gizmo!!

Raonaid
03-Sep-05, 22:39
Iam not disputing the fact that snares are horrible what I need to be sure of is the legality or otherwise before I take further action

Liz
03-Sep-05, 23:02
If you check with the SSPCA they can tell you. If I remember the 'loop' kind aren't illegal but are supposed to be checked regulary. Like that would happen!!!

I agree as well they should all be banned!!!! [mad] :roll:

EDDIE
03-Sep-05, 23:23
Its all very well using snares but what about if a kid injuries themselves on a snare if there playing on private ground were they shouldn't be

Gizmo
04-Sep-05, 12:35
Iam not disputing the fact that snares are horrible what I need to be sure of is the legality or otherwise before I take further action

Sorry, didnt mean it to sound like an attack on yourself, was just expressing my hatred for such things.

And i have to say, it would make no difference to me if they were legal or not, if i came accross one i would rip it up and destroy it, regardless of the concequences.

Liz
04-Sep-05, 13:17
I was just going to suggest the same thing Gizmo.

That's what I would do. They are barbaric! [mad]