PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Night Out - Decision Time!

Julia
16-Nov-07, 23:52
OK, so there has been a fair bit of interest in Donnalee1994's suggestion of a night out but no definite date, lets put it to the vote!

alanatkie
17-Nov-07, 00:00
Saturday is the best night for me. I have picked Thurso as is easier for me to get their.:D
If i'm aloud out to play (or fit enough after the night before):roll:

changilass
17-Nov-07, 00:01
When is mad friday this year, wouldn't be worth having a night out in Thurso on the same night, very difficult getting served and finding each other :lol:

Julia
17-Nov-07, 00:05
When is mad friday this year, wouldn't be worth having a night out in Thurso on the same night, very difficult getting served and finding each other :lol:

Oh good point! It would be pointless going out on Mad Friday, the place would be like a hill market!

alanatkie
17-Nov-07, 00:06

Mad Friday is December 21st

changilass
17-Nov-07, 00:48
Aye hubby just confirmed that, also confirmed he is working both 14th and 15th so I need to try to sort out a babysitter before I can vote either way, my preference would be for Thurso, cos I'm tight and the taxi fare is cheeper from Thurso :lol:

alanatkie
17-Nov-07, 00:54
lol changi if u vote for same day as me we can share lol[lol]

Bobinovich
17-Nov-07, 01:06
I'm up for Thurso on the Saturday night...

lazytown
17-Nov-07, 01:16
Thurso is better for me as well....

Oddquine
17-Nov-07, 17:06
Not voted as won't be going..........but the 15th either place would be better if anyone wants a babysitter!

donnalee1994
17-Nov-07, 18:19
Sat 15th in wick for me.

Moi x
17-Nov-07, 18:30
Do you have to know the secret .orgers' handshake to get in or can anyone come along? ;)

Not that I'm likely to be in Caithness that weekend.

Moi x

alanatkie
17-Nov-07, 19:58
I think anyone can go along Moi x & i'm sure someone will correct me if i'm wrong :D

Moi x
17-Nov-07, 20:10
I've looked at the requirements for .orgerism alanatkie and we can both make the grade before the night out but we'll have to get posting to make it. :)

Moi x

alanatkie
17-Nov-07, 20:11
Lol Moi x that will have to be some amount of post then :lol:

Oddquine
17-Nov-07, 20:14
:lol: If you're a member, you are eligible............it's the membership that counts........anyone who posts is an orger............the title just means you are gobby! ;)

And a 1k orger means you are extremely gobby!

botheed
17-Nov-07, 20:30
wick for me, can we know have one in wick and one in thurso?:Razz

Ash
17-Nov-07, 20:32
where was it last year?

should be turn about

Moi x
17-Nov-07, 20:33
Lol Moi x that will have to be some amount of post then :lol:For you, yes, but only 25 more for me to make .orger by then. Only 24 after this one. :)

If you're a member, you are eligible............it's the membership that counts........anyone who posts is an orger............the title just means you are gobby!

And a 1k orger means you are extremely gobby!120 days and 30 posts isn't exactly gobby. I'm already way past 30 in a month.

alanatkie
17-Nov-07, 20:37
where was it last year?

should be turn about

I think someone mentioned in a previous thread it was in Spoons in Wick

Ash
17-Nov-07, 20:51
should be thurso then
its only fair,looks like thurso's winning in the poll, defeats the whole purpose of the poll if whatever town wins and people dont meet up there, no?:confused

Julia
17-Nov-07, 21:38
should be thurso then
its only fair,looks like thurso's winning in the poll, defeats the whole purpose of the poll if whatever town wins and people dont meet up there, no?:confused

I agree, I was hoping it was going to be in Wick but the majority should rule!

Bobinovich
17-Nov-07, 21:39
Wick usually runs away with the polls so I'm surprised to see Thursos numbers so high! However there's nothing stopping both towns having nights out which should satisfy the vast majority of Orgers wanting a night out.

alanatkie
17-Nov-07, 21:47
There is still 13 days for the poll to run so things might change by then.

Those that have voted that want a night out can still do so i don't see a problem with Thurso & Wick having seperate nights out, as we all vote for where is suitable for us & lets face it if all those that vote turn up it will be a good night out.

unicorn
17-Nov-07, 21:55
Thurso orgers met up last year at the Weigh in didn't they?

Bobinovich
17-Nov-07, 22:13
Yep - great night it was too!

Oddquine
17-Nov-07, 23:43
If you have Wick and Thurso on separate nights.......some of you can have two nights out!

Elenna
18-Nov-07, 00:02
If you have Wick and Thurso on separate nights.......some of you can have two nights out!

Well, not just that, but be able to meet/get together with a lot more people :D. That is why...though I can understand the transport issue for many, so wanting a night each for those who are opposite ends of the county is understandable...I thought it a bit of a shame the two meets were on the same night last year.

changilass
18-Nov-07, 00:33
The one in Thurso last year wasn't so much as an org night out as a group of friends that happened to be orgers having a night out in Thurso cos they couldn't make it through to Wick, nothing more sinister, it wasn't a one or the other situation.

Oddquine
18-Nov-07, 01:23
So make one on the 14th......and get together at that one and organise a minibus for the one on the fifteenth! So simple if you are into boozy nights out and the more the merrier !Lol!

lady penelope
18-Nov-07, 11:12
Can I come along too?

I love a good night out!:D

Elenna
18-Nov-07, 16:00
The one in Thurso last year wasn't so much as an org night out as a group of friends that happened to be orgers having a night out in Thurso cos they couldn't make it through to Wick, nothing more sinister, it wasn't a one or the other situation.

I wasn't suggesting or implying there was anything sinister, or anything else about it :roll:. I was saying that I understood and was sympathetic to the reasons, but I would have loved to also have been able to get together with, and get to know, the people who couldn't make it across to Wick that night.

Julia
18-Nov-07, 16:03
Looks like two nights out could be had by all going by the interest, one in Thurso and one in Wick

Lolabelle
19-Nov-07, 05:11
Wish I could come :~(.
A bit too far though, lol. :eek: Whether Wick or Thurso!!!
See you in '09!

dunderheed
19-Nov-07, 12:48
dont think i'll be able to make it this year again as im gonna be up in shetland right up till mad friday

donnalee1994
19-Nov-07, 18:30
Guess we have the dates but no venue's any idea's?

Julia
19-Nov-07, 20:16
At the mo the favourite date and place is Thurso on the 15th with 21 votes, there have been 14 voters for Wick also on the 15th.

That's quite a lot really, and assuming those who voted really intend to go, why not have a get together in Thurso and a get together in Wick?

dunderheed
20-Nov-07, 10:51
right a venue, why not somewhere neutral like for example , um, er........... the grand hotel lerwick!!!!!

dunderheed
20-Nov-07, 10:53
only joking why not have it in liquid in thurso its not overly busy and they also run free buses into the town for those wishing to carry on the night at skins

lazytown
20-Nov-07, 12:15
only joking why not have it in liquid in thurso its not overly busy and they also run free buses into the town for those wishing to carry on the night at skins

That's what i thought as well..It is a good starting place for an evening of fun

Mik.M.
20-Nov-07, 23:16
Have voted for thurso on the Saturday. Let me know venue and I'll/we'll be there.

Whitewater
21-Nov-07, 02:17
I have not voted, either would do me. If the Wickers go to Thurso, the 21st would be the best day as the buses which are usually laid on for the Dounreay employees could be used to get us back to Wick.

I'll keep my eye on the thread to see what is decided.

henry20
21-Nov-07, 09:35
I'm sure the turnout was a lot less than the votes last year - even once the 2 groups merged :lol:

I won't make any, so I've not voted.

Julia
26-Nov-07, 00:39
Donnalee1994 has suggested the Wick night out to start off in Spoons on Sat 15th @ 7pm.

craig
29-Nov-07, 00:42
why not 2 nights ? wick
/thurso or thurso/wick ? it comes but once a year !!!, forget me as the designated driver though :Razz