PDA

View Full Version : fuel prices

QUADBIKER
16-Nov-07, 21:37
here is a link that some of you might find interesting, maybe its about time us the puplic got onboard and gave our support .have a look at the bottom of the link at the breakdown on fuel costs please feel free to post your veiws on this http://www.transaction-2007.com/

shazzap
16-Nov-07, 21:55
I took a look at the website you put on your post Quadbiker.
I will be giving my support to Monday 19th.
I have also emailed the link to all of my contacts.

Shazzap

*Martin*
17-Nov-07, 00:55
Unfortunately I can't see how not buying petrol on one day will make a difference. People will stock up in advance or put in more on Tuesday instead!

It is a bloody disgrace that we have to pay 106.9 in some stations up here!

DeHaviLand
17-Nov-07, 01:28
The only way you can effectively protest against fuel prices is if you organise a boycott of one particular fuel company. How long will it take Shell or Esso (for example) to start screaming about having no sales?

changilass
17-Nov-07, 02:01
Problem with that up here is that gleener seem to supply just about all of the petrol stations up here so would be hard for us to join in boycotting one of the others.

alanatkie
17-Nov-07, 02:35
Would it not be a case off every one up here having to boycote all petrol stations just to make a point - but if it is only for 1 day they will have to fill upthe day before or store up extra for some folks. So they are still making a profit. :roll:

wi46
18-Nov-07, 17:17
I have a diesel and getting 55 MPG so no big problem for me, I have noticed a few £ when I fill up but just look at the news and see the price of Crude oil, someone has to pay? look at when weather is bad farmers make us pay more for our veg. it will come back down in due course wait and see.

QUADBIKER
18-Nov-07, 23:29
i only wished people would have read the link properly this is about the national price of petrol and also how much the government is ripping us the motorists off this has been organised by the road haulage assosiation and what they are lookin for here is puplic support without puplic support which they are seeking the government will continiue to walk all over the motorists maybe its about time the people of the uk took a stand once again this is not just about caithness it is about fuel prices in the whole of the uk

JAWS
18-Nov-07, 23:57
There are those who think the Oil companies are greedy and grasping and ripping us off because of their profits.
If that is the case then just consider how greedy the Government is. The fact is that over 80% of the price of fuel is grabbed as taxation leaving less than 20% to pay for everything else in order to get it to the pumps for us to use.

I suspect that the idea behind having a one day boycott is more to make a visible point to the Government that enough is enough. I don’t think for one minute that those organising it have any illusions that such a boycott will cause either the Oil Companies or the Government any financial embarrassment but rather just to focus their attention.

wi46
19-Nov-07, 21:15
Quadbiker, I take your point on keeping to the thread subject, but I am sorry it is wasted as no one has heard of this.
There has been nothing on the news either locally or national on this, whats your point?
As I said in my post watch the news, barrels of oil are at record high and the consumer will have to pay.
I think this is related to your post as it is about fuel prices.