PDA

View Full Version : More PC madness

DeHaviLand
15-Nov-07, 18:16
You couldn't make it up
http://uk.rd.yahoo.com/csp/bt/hp/pcm/santas_warned_not_to_ho_ho_ho/SIG=1315v299t/*http%3A//uk.news.yahoo.com/afp/20071115/tod-lifestyle-australia-christmas-offbea-37b0eca_1.html (http://forum.caithness.org/go.php?url=http://forum.caithness.org/go.php?url=http://uk.rd.yahoo.com/csp/bt/hp/pcm/santas_warned_not_to_ho_ho_ho/SIG=1315v299t/*http%3A//uk.news.yahoo.com/afp/20071115/tod-lifestyle-australia-christmas-offbea-37b0eca_1.html)

or maybe you could

http://www.fortliberty.org/patriotic-humor/HOHOHO.shtml (http://forum.caithness.org/go.php?url=http://forum.caithness.org/go.php?url=http://www.fortliberty.org/patriotic-humor/HOHOHO.shtml)

unicorn
15-Nov-07, 18:22
That is utter lunacy :lol: I am sorry it is so ridiculous that it is laughable :lol:

johno
15-Nov-07, 18:23
now we've heard it all. that,s plain ridiculous. :roll: :confused

nanoo
15-Nov-07, 18:24
For heavens sake; what next? last week it was, we should'nt celebrate christmas as it might offend some. This week Santas most famous line, Ho HO Ho. Talk about a world gone mad. I give up, really i do.:confused

karia
15-Nov-07, 18:25
He He He!..Or am I being sexist?;)

Royster1911
15-Nov-07, 18:25
Ho Ho Ho....Oops, sorry ladies[lol]

angela5
15-Nov-07, 18:38
Ho Ho Ho....Oops, sorry ladies[lol]

Careful, you might scare the children who view this forum.:roll:

Camel Spider
15-Nov-07, 19:19
Well it may well be a bit early but here is my Xmas Greeting to you all (as approved by the Politically Correct Brigade)

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low stress, non-addictive, gender neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasions and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all... and a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling, and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2008, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make Great Britian great (not to imply that Great Britian is necessarily greater than any other country or is the only "Great" country in the Western hemisphere), and without regard to the race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious faith, or sexual orientation of the wishee.

This wish is limited to the customary and usual good tidings for a period of one year, or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first."Holiday" is not intended to, nor shall it be considered, limited to the usual Judeo-Christian celebrations or observances, or to such activities of any organized or ad hoc religious community, group, individual or belief (or lack thereof).

DISCLAIMER: By accepting this greeting, you are accepting the following terms: This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal, and is revocable at the sole discretion of the wisher at any time, for any reason or for no reason at all. This greeting is freely transferable with no alteration to the original greeting. This greeting implies no promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes for the wishee, him/herself or others, or responsibility for the consequences which may arise from the implementation or non-implementation of same.

This greeting is void where prohibited by law.

alanatkie
15-Nov-07, 19:20
that is completely ridiculous :eek: what's going to be next!!!:roll:

xx_chickie
15-Nov-07, 19:41
He He He!..Or am I being sexist?;)

Haha!! :lol:

SandTiger
15-Nov-07, 20:38
Ahhh... that time of year again when the press have nothing better to do...

A local spokesman for the US-based Westaff recruitment firm said it was "misleading" to say the company had banned Santa's traditional greeting and it was being left up to the discretion of the individual Santa himself.

For some more discussion from 2006 on the xmas myth machine see http://www.guardian.co.uk/christmas2006/story/0,,1967367,00.html

George Brims
15-Nov-07, 23:34
This "everyone is out to ban Christmas" drivel comes up every year, especially in the US, thanks to Bill O'Reilly. And every year Christmas rolls around again and we all have fun regardless. Except Bill. He's just grumpy.

mccaugm
15-Nov-07, 23:51
[evil]HO HO HO HO HO...[evil]

I am preparing a presentation, all about how ridiculous being PC has got these days. I have so much ammunition it's unbelievable.

Check out this website for the best examples of what we are now, having to put up with.

http://www.capc.co.uk/

scorrie
16-Nov-07, 15:24
I suppose Snow White and The Seven Dwarfs is cancelled too? With all that "Hi Ho, Hi Ho, it's off to work we go" the poor lassie would be richt offended!!

Perhaps it could be renamed for the modern era. How does:-

"Inclement Weather Melanin Impoverished and the Septet of Vertically Challenged Males of Unknown Sexual Orientation" sound as a PC alternative?

"Gi-ro, Gi-ro, it's down the pub we go"

connieb19
16-Nov-07, 15:31
I suppose Snow White and The Seven Dwarfs is cancelled too? With all that "Hi Ho, Hi Ho, it's off to work we go" the poor lassie would be richt offended!!

"Inclement Weather Melanin Impoverished and the Septet of Vertically Challenged Males of Unknown Sexual Orientation" sound as a PC alternative?

"Gi-ro, Gi-ro, it's down the pub we go"Brilliant, I love it. :lol:

Shabbychic
16-Nov-07, 16:40
This "everyone is out to ban Christmas" drivel comes up every year, especially in the US, thanks to Bill O'Reilly. And every year Christmas rolls around again and we all have fun regardless. Except Bill. He's just grumpy.

I wish to opine.:D

Good old Bill. If there is a mountain to be made out of a molehill, he's right there. Bill is 'Watching out for you', and remember.....'The spin stops right there'.

Oh, and I'm not a Popinjay.

Jeemag_USA
16-Nov-07, 17:27
I guess thats the Green Giant Sweet Corn ads out the window then [lol]

And when you go to the ironmongers you can buy a fork, a rake, a shovel (not a spade) and a "Long thing with a blade on for getting the weeds out" ? :Razz

PS Laughs at Scorrie post HO HO HO HO!

Rheghead
16-Nov-07, 18:17
I thought we should be singing 'Baa baa rainbow sheep' but a purchase of a recently published nursery rhyme book confirms that the PC crowd doesn't have it all their own way, just yet...

katarina
16-Nov-07, 18:26
well i didn't know that's what a ho meant. Hands up all those who did. All the PC crowd are doing is currupting us innocents.

mccaugm
16-Nov-07, 19:09

"Gi-ro, Gi-ro, it's down the pub we go"

You mean Snow Rainbow and the seven people of limited height.

scorrie
16-Nov-07, 20:37
You mean Snow Rainbow and the seven people of limited height.

And the small people became known as:-

Pollen allergic, Narcoleptic, Negative IQ equity, Confidence impoverished, Serotonin deprived, Serotonin enriched and Doc.

karia
16-Nov-07, 20:42
And the small people became known as:-

Pollen allergic, Narcoleptic, Negative IQ equity, Confidence impoverished, Serotonin deprived, Serotonin enriched and Doc.

Scorrie,

Take a well deserved bow...then go lie down awhile, your head must hurt!;)

Loving your work!:)

kariax

shazzap
16-Nov-07, 22:33
And then there's the golly wog...........do you remember them?

percy toboggan
16-Nov-07, 23:43
So, the dodgy diction of some black US rappers is now used as an excuse to amend Father Christmas's traditional guffaw.
I say start the fight back now and ho-ho-ho at every opportunity.
As far as I'm concerned the only other ho is to be found in the garden shed. That has an 'e' on the end I know. The sad truth is the slovenly delivery of these abberations who masquerade as entertainers is permeating our own youth culture. It is now thought 'cool' for brainless boys and bling laden bimbos to aspire to sound like these so called performers.

helenwyler
16-Nov-07, 23:55
Hi!:)

You're all on drugs now, of course;)!

Helen

TBH
16-Nov-07, 23:57
So, the dodgy diction of some black US rappers is now used as an excuse to amend Father Christmas's traditional guffaw.
I say start the fight back now and ho-ho-ho at every opportunity.
As far as I'm concerned the only other ho is to be found in the garden shed. That has an 'e' on the end I know. The sad truth is the slovenly delivery of these abberations who masquerade as entertainers is permeating our own youth culture. It is now thought 'cool' for brainless boys and bling laden bimbos to aspire to sound like these so called performers.W'aapun ma blood, dis some ice yo! Ice is like cold bro and shih - Yo - Bayam!!! Representin'!:D

veekay
17-Nov-07, 11:27
I thought we should be singing 'Baa baa rainbow sheep' but a purchase of a recently published nursery rhyme book confirms that the PC crowd doesn't have it all their own way, just yet...

Sorry to disappoint Rheghead my sister who for a few years worked in an early learning centre ( play school to you and me) had to teach 'Baa Baa sheep sheep'. Daft the whole lot of it

Mr_Me19
17-Nov-07, 12:55
And friends who taught in primary schools and nurseries had to make sure it was "Bah bah happy sheep"..... :eek:

JAWS
17-Nov-07, 23:42
And then there's the golly wog...........do you remember them?You used to get a little paper one with each jar of Robertson’s Jam many years ago. If you collected enough you could send off and get a little enamel brooch for them.
The fledgling PC Brigade back then made so much fuss about them being offensive and racist that the firm stopped using them.
What happened? Well, there were complaints about them being stopped. And where did the largest number of complaints come from? Nigeria!

The latest act of stupidity over Christmas has nothing to do with the risk of offending other faiths. It is a whole new invention by a head teacher in the south of Wales. She has told her children that they are not allowed to exchange Christmas Cards so they can help save the environment. I’ll give her ten out of ten for original thinking because that’s a completely new one to me.

I always feel very sorry for those who start all the nonsense in the first place, They are so focused within their own narrow minds that they never realise that they are making themselves a complete laughing stock with the very people they seem so intent on “protecting”.

What I love about this time of year is that when somebody points out the latest act of stupidity there is a rush by the “excusers” to blame the people who expose the lunacy as some sort of troublemaker who is being totally outlandish and unreasonable.
If the comedians didn't start their stupidity in the first place there would be nothing for others to ridicule. They never seem to learn and they will be back at it again next year. Still, at least they are good for a laugh if nothing else.

Camel Spider
18-Nov-07, 14:00
I was sent this a while back by a workmate, apolgies if you have seen it before .. The Politically Correct Battle of Trafalgar ..

"Order the signal, Hardy."

"Aye, aye sir."

"Hold on, that's not what I dictated to the signal
officer. What's the meaning of this?"

"Sorry sir?"

"England expects every person to do his duty,
regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation,
religious persuasion or disability. What gobbledygook
is this?"

"Admiralty policy, I'm afraid, sir. We're an equal
opportunities employer now. We had the devil's own job
getting 'England' past the censors, lest it be
considered racist."

"Gadzooks, Hardy. Hand me my pipe and tobacco."

"Sorry sir. All naval vessels have been designated
smoke-free working environments."

"In that case, break open the rum ration. Let us
splice the mainbrace to steel the men before battle."

"The rum ration has been abolished, Admiral. Its part
of the Government's policy on binge drinking."

"Good heavens, Hardy. I suppose we'd better get on
with it. Full speed ahead."

"I think you'll find that there's a 4 knot speed limit
in this stretch of water."

"Damn it man! We are on the eve of the greatest sea
battle in history. We must advance with all dispatch.
Report from the crow's nest, please."

"That won't be possible, sir."

"What?"

"Health and safety have closed the crow's nest, sir.
No harness. And they said that rope ladder doesn't
meet regulations. They won't let anyone up there until
a proper scaffolding can be erected."

"Then get me the ship's carpenter without delay,
Hardy."

"He's busy knocking up a wheelchair access to the
fo'c'sle Admiral."

"Wheelchair access? I've never heard anything so
absurd."

"Health and safety again, sir. We have to provide a
barrier-free environment for the differently abled."

"Differently abled? I've only one arm and one eye and
I refuse even to hear mention of the word. I didn't
rise to the rank of admiral by playing the disability
card."

"Actually, sir, you did. The Royal Navy is
under-represented in the areas of visual impairment
and limb deficiency."

"Whatever next? Give me full sail. The salt spray
beckons."

"A couple of problems there too, sir. Health and
safety won't let the crew up the rigging without crash
helmets. And they don't want anyone breathing in too
much salt - haven't you seen the adverts?"

"I've never heard such infamy. Break out the cannon and
tell the men to stand by to engage the enemy."

"The men are a bit worried about shooting at anyone,
Admiral."

"What? This is mutiny."

"It's not that, sir. It's just that they're afraid of
being charged with murder if they actually kill
anyone. There's a couple of legal aid lawyers on
board, watching everyone like hawks."

"Then how are we to sink the Frenchies and the
Spanish?"

"Actually, sir, we're not."

"We're not?"

"No, sir. The Frenchies and the Spanish are our
European partners now. According to the Common
Fisheries Policy, we shouldn't even be in this stretch
of water. We could get hit with a claim for
compensation."

"But you must hate a Frenchman as you hate the devil."

"I wouldn't let the ship's diversity co-coordinator
hear you saying that sir. You'll be up on
disciplinary."

"You must consider every man an enemy who speaks ill
of your King."

"Not any more, sir. We must be inclusive in this
multicultural age. Now put on your Kevlar vest; it's
the rules."

"Don't tell me - health and safety Whatever happened
to rum, sodomy and the lash?"

As I explained, sir, rum is off the menu. And there's
a ban on corporal punishment."

"What about sodomy?"

"I believe it's to be encouraged, sir"

"In that case, kiss me, Hardy."

nanoo
18-Nov-07, 15:37
I just don't believe this, headlines in Mail on Sunday, page 11, Now faitytale dragons are banned from breathing fire. (due to Elf and Safety no doubt) Under modern health and safety rules Hansel and Gretal would have to be accompanied by an adult as they walked through the woods, Little Red Riding Hood would be confronted by the big bad wolf on a leash and in a muzzle.Poor Rapunzel would have to live in her tower forever as it would be much to dangerous for her prince to climb up her long plated hair. A modern writer of 15 books on the adventures of Lola, Poppy and Max has just had her publisher on to her to change a scene in her latest book, where hero Max has to climb a ladder, because they think it is much to precarious for him. She says she had him earlier in the book stand on 3 paint tins stacked on top of one another and they have no problem with that. What i want to know is, where does this stupidity end.:confused

Julia
18-Nov-07, 15:58
[evil]HO HO HO HO HO...[evil]

I am preparing a presentation, all about how ridiculous being PC has got these days. I have so much ammunition it's unbelievable.

Check out this website for the best examples of what we are now, having to put up with.

http://www.capc.co.uk/ (http://forum.caithness.org/go.php?url=http://www.capc.co.uk/)

Here's quite a good one from that website

Cooing at new-born babies banned as it breaches their human rights

Calderdale Royal Hospital in Halifax has banned visitors from cooing at new-born babies following a staff advice session which highlighted the need for respect and dignity for patients.

Signs have been put up in the hospital saying, "What makes you think I want to be looked at?". A spokeswoman for Calderdale and Huddersfield NHS Trust said the advice was also to do with reducing infection as well as upholding rights. However, Debbie Lawson, neo-natal manager at the hospital's special baby care unit, said "Cooing should be a thing of the past because these are little people with the same rights as you or me."

Julia
18-Nov-07, 16:00
I just don't believe this, headlines in Mail on Sunday, page 11, Now faitytale dragons are banned from breathing fire. (due to Elf and Safety no doubt) Under modern health and safety rules Hansel and Gretal would have to be accompanied by an adult as they walked through the woods, Little Red Riding Hood would be confronted by the big bad wolf on a leash and in a muzzle.Poor Rapunzel would have to live in her tower forever as it would be much to dangerous for her prince to climb up her long plated hair. A modern writer of 15 books on the adventures of Lola, Poppy and Max has just had her publisher on to her to change a scene in her latest book, where hero Max has to climb a ladder, because they think it is much to precarious for him. She says she had him earlier in the book stand on 3 paint tins stacked on top of one another and they have no problem with that. What i want to know is, where does this stupidity end.:confused

Enid Blyton's biographer condemns changes to children's books

Enid Blyton's biographer - Barbara Stoney - backed by the Enid Blyton Society has accused publishers of bowing to political correctness. Some characters in Enid Blyton's books have been changed - some examples of the changes are listed below:

Dame Slap becomes Dame Snap
Bessie (a black character) becomes Beth (a white girl)
Fanny and Dick become Frannie and Rick

Commenting on the changes, Barbara Stoney said, "I just wonder where it will all stop. Do we start updating Jane Austen next or Dickens".

nanoo
18-Nov-07, 16:17
Absolute madness, quite ludicrous in fact. The PC brigade should be shipped to a island of their very own and left to get on with it.;)

Camel Spider
18-Nov-07, 17:34
[quote=Julia;298063]Here's quite a good one from that website

Cooing at new-born babies banned as it breaches their human rights

Calderdale Royal Hospital in Halifax has banned visitors from cooing at new-born babies following a staff advice session which highlighted the need for respect and dignity for patients.

Signs have been put up in the hospital saying, "What makes you think I want to be looked at?". A spokeswoman for Calderdale and Huddersfield NHS Trust said the advice was also to do with reducing infection as well as upholding rights. However, Debbie Lawson, neo-natal manager at the hospital's special baby care unit, said "Cooing should be a thing of the past because these are little people with the same rights as you or me." [/quote

Someone should post a sign below the signs in the Hospital saying .."Who told you I dont want to be looked at ??"

And that Neo Natal manager needs a reality check.

mccaugm
18-Nov-07, 20:48
I was sent this a while back by a workmate, apolgies if you have seen it before .. The Politically Correct Battle of Trafalgar ..

"Order the signal, Hardy."

"Aye, aye sir."

"Hold on, that's not what I dictated to the signal
officer. What's the meaning of this?"

"Sorry sir?"

"England expects every person to do his duty,
regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation,
religious persuasion or disability. What gobbledygook
is this?"

"Admiralty policy, I'm afraid, sir. We're an equal
opportunities employer now. We had the devil's own job
getting 'England' past the censors, lest it be
considered racist."

"Gadzooks, Hardy. Hand me my pipe and tobacco."

"Sorry sir. All naval vessels have been designated
smoke-free working environments."

"In that case, break open the rum ration. Let us
splice the mainbrace to steel the men before battle."

"The rum ration has been abolished, Admiral. Its part
of the Government's policy on binge drinking."

"Good heavens, Hardy. I suppose we'd better get on
with it. Full speed ahead."

"I think you'll find that there's a 4 knot speed limit
in this stretch of water."

"Damn it man! We are on the eve of the greatest sea
battle in history. We must advance with all dispatch.
Report from the crow's nest, please."

"That won't be possible, sir."

"What?"

"Health and safety have closed the crow's nest, sir.
No harness. And they said that rope ladder doesn't
meet regulations. They won't let anyone up there until
a proper scaffolding can be erected."

"Then get me the ship's carpenter without delay,
Hardy."

"He's busy knocking up a wheelchair access to the
fo'c'sle Admiral."

"Wheelchair access? I've never heard anything so
absurd."

"Health and safety again, sir. We have to provide a
barrier-free environment for the differently abled."

"Differently abled? I've only one arm and one eye and
I refuse even to hear mention of the word. I didn't
rise to the rank of admiral by playing the disability
card."

"Actually, sir, you did. The Royal Navy is
under-represented in the areas of visual impairment
and limb deficiency."

"Whatever next? Give me full sail. The salt spray
beckons."

"A couple of problems there too, sir. Health and
safety won't let the crew up the rigging without crash
helmets. And they don't want anyone breathing in too
much salt - haven't you seen the adverts?"

"I've never heard such infamy. Break out the cannon and
tell the men to stand by to engage the enemy."

"The men are a bit worried about shooting at anyone,
Admiral."

"What? This is mutiny."

"It's not that, sir. It's just that they're afraid of
being charged with murder if they actually kill
anyone. There's a couple of legal aid lawyers on
board, watching everyone like hawks."

"Then how are we to sink the Frenchies and the
Spanish?"

"Actually, sir, we're not."

"We're not?"

"No, sir. The Frenchies and the Spanish are our
European partners now. According to the Common
Fisheries Policy, we shouldn't even be in this stretch
of water. We could get hit with a claim for
compensation."

"But you must hate a Frenchman as you hate the devil."

"I wouldn't let the ship's diversity co-coordinator
hear you saying that sir. You'll be up on
disciplinary."

"You must consider every man an enemy who speaks ill
of your King."

"Not any more, sir. We must be inclusive in this
multicultural age. Now put on your Kevlar vest; it's
the rules."

"Don't tell me - health and safety Whatever happened
to rum, sodomy and the lash?"

As I explained, sir, rum is off the menu. And there's
a ban on corporal punishment."

"What about sodomy?"

"I believe it's to be encouraged, sir"

"In that case, kiss me, Hardy."

Would you mind if I nicked this for the talk I have to give on how far being PC has gone. I have during my research discovered it is no longer PC to say PC as it is now regarded as being offensive to those that feel that being PC is the PC way to be....LOL!

Bananas
18-Nov-07, 21:19
I read in todays paper that a dragon cannot be seen to be breathing fire as is dangerous.

Last weekend, I was unlucky enough to watch a kids TV programme on the BBC at about 8am on a Sunday, where kids were voting off he worst act of 3 or 4 acts. One of the acts was 'Mr Methane' who earned his living 'tooting' to music.

Methinks we have some double standards here!!

(Note: No comment on 'the kids of today')

JAWS
19-Nov-07, 01:27
I remember, way back in the 1960s, a State in the Bible Belt removing all Tarzan Books from their public libraries. It appears that they had studied the books closely and had decided they were extremely immoral and therefore considered totally unsuitable to be placed on public display.
Over here the whole matter was considered absolutely pathetic because the reason given was that they had looked at the stories carefully and discovered that Tarzan and Jane were definitely not married.

How strange that in modern Britain there would probably be demands for the books to be removed as “offensive” if Tarzan and Jane were married!

As for Enid Blyton, I blame her for all the so called Joy-riders. I distinctly remember that in one Little Noddy Book an occasion were somebody was caught driving furiously at 60 MPH.
So now you know why some youngsters have a tendency to drive like maniacs. Little Noddy has a lot to answer for!

robynaus
19-Nov-07, 01:46
That is utter lunacy :lol: I am sorry it is so ridiculous that it is laughable :lol:

Yes It si laughable if it wasn't true Westaff is one of our largest recruiting companies and have now made themselves a laughing stock throughout the world
Santa is again saying HO HO HO

regards robyn