PDA

View Full Version : Party ideas

vodka-queen
15-Nov-07, 15:54
Hey all just wandered if anyone has ideas for a party. What kind of finger foods or drinks to make ?? music??

Any ideas greatful

thanks x

wifie
15-Nov-07, 16:13
Nice dip idea and really simple is to beat some cream cheese so it is soft and pile into a dish then surround with sweet chilli sauce and use wee crackers for dipping. Gorgeous - creamy and hot and sweet all at the same time.

cullbucket
15-Nov-07, 16:32
Lots of Drink - then I always find that a limbo competition helps liven the night up...

xx_chickie
15-Nov-07, 16:36
vodka-queen, surely you already have your own idea?! :lol:

Thumper
15-Nov-07, 17:14
What kind of party is it?What age groups will be there?It can make a lot of difference to the suggestions as a younger group would not like what an older group would and vice versa x

Anne x
16-Nov-07, 01:03
Go to M & S great selection so simple select !pay !go home ! heat up sometimes !!! serve up chill

vodka-queen
23-Nov-07, 22:48
its for adults of all ages u see

anymore ideas?

got drink n nibbles etc what can we do to pass the time??

Jeemag_USA
23-Nov-07, 22:56
Lots of Drink - then I always find that a limbo competition helps liven the night up...

I always like the one where you start with a cornflakes packet open at the top, you set it on the ground and everyone takes a turn at picking it up with their teeth only, each round you tear a strip from around the box so it gets lower to the ground. Great laugh to hear bones creaking, backs going out and breeks splitting up the back :Razz

starry
23-Nov-07, 23:10
I always like the one where you start with a cornflakes packet open at the top, you set it on the ground and everyone takes a turn at picking it up with their teeth only, each round you tear a strip from around the box so it gets lower to the ground. Great laugh to hear bones creaking, backs going out and breeks splitting up the back :Razz

I won that the last time we played, I was in agony the next day I am obviously a lot more bendy when drunk.

starry
23-Nov-07, 23:12
I also like Truth or Lie, where folk have to guess which is the truth and which is the lie.

starry
23-Nov-07, 23:15
I am bored and googled Party Games.

Let me know if you play this one :confused

BIG TOE MADNESS Objective:A great game for parties or groups of people
Categories:
Adults, CouplesGame type:
Passive. Little or no movement is required.Players:
2 or more players.Needed:Toes

Rules:Everyone takes off their shoes. Take turns showing your big toe for all to see! Choose a panel of three judges. Give prizes to the winners of the following:
1. Whose big toe is the longest?
2. Whose big toe is widest?
3. Whose big toe is the hairiest?
4. Whose big toe has the most sock lint?
5. Whose big toenail is the longest?
6. Whose big toe is the prettiest?

starry
23-Nov-07, 23:18
I am going to play this next time I have folk round

COTTON BALL BLITZ Objective:A great party game! Get as many cotton balls from a bowl to the floor using only your nose!
Categories:
Adults, Couples, SinglesGame type:
Active. A lot of movement may be required.Players:
4 or more playersNeeded:Bowls, cotton balls and Vaseline

Rules:This game works best if 3 or 4 people play at a time. Fill 3 or 4 bowls full of cotton balls. Have each player coat their nose with Vaseline. Then say go! Each player tries to remove cotton balls from the bowls and place them onto the floor. They have 60 seconds to get as many as possible onto the floor. The problem is that the Vaseline will make them stick to their nose so they'll have to shake or blow the balls onto the floor. No hands allowed! It's hilarious! After all players have a chance to try, see who is the winner.

starry
23-Nov-07, 23:20
I am wondering how on earth someone would come up with this

FROZEN T-SHIRT CONTEST Objective:Get your frozen T-shirts on first.
Categories:
Adults, TeensGame type:
2 to 6 players.Needed:Frozen T-shirts

Rules:T-Shirts are thoroughly soaked the day before and folded up like you would put them away in a drawer. Place them in the freezer overnight. For the contest, everyone grabs a frozen T-shirt and the first one to get their T-shirt all the way on wins. You can have as many players as you have T-shirts. The contestants can do anything to try and get their shirts apart. Some sit on them trying to warm them up, some have poured drinks on them trying to get them to melt. Have them use their imagination as to how they will get the shirt undone and on.

alanatkie
23-Nov-07, 23:28
cotton ball blitz might be good fun at xmas they will end up looking like a snowman :L :L

starry
23-Nov-07, 23:34
This looks fun but very messy.

Objective:Teams bob for apples first and then bob for marshmallow - in a bowl of flour!
Categories:
Teens, Singles, HalloweenGame type:
Passive. Little or no movement is required.Players:
4 or more players.Needed:Apples, big tub of water, bowl of flour marshmallows

Rules:This game begins just like the regular bobbing for apples. See rules at Bob For Apples (http://www.partygamecentral.com/games/gametmp.asp?gn= BOB+FOR+APPLES). However, this game adds a new twist. Immediately after bobbing for apples, the person bobs for marshmallows in a bowl of flour. You can just imagine the results. The game is quite messy so make sure the floor is covered with plastic for quick and easy clean up.

starry
23-Nov-07, 23:40
Anyway my party planning usually just goes as far as making sure I have enough drink :confused

alanatkie
23-Nov-07, 23:50
Anyway my party planning usually just goes as far as making sure I have enough drink :confused

that's funny so does mine & enough nibbles incase they get peckish :)

Anne x
24-Nov-07, 02:08
Go to M & S great selection so simple select !pay !go home ! heat up sometimes !!! serve up chill

And Abba and Bee Gees music with a touch of Caledonia for nostalgia of course

bluelady
24-Nov-07, 02:18
FROZEN T-SHIRT CONTEST Objective:Get your frozen T-shirts on first.
Categories:
Adults, TeensGame type:
2 to 6 players.Needed:Frozen T-shirts

Rules:T-Shirts are thoroughly soaked the day before and folded up like you would put them away in a drawer. Place them in the freezer overnight. For the contest, everyone grabs a frozen T-shirt and the first one to get their T-shirt all the way on wins. You can have as many players as you have T-shirts. The contestants can do anything to try and get their shirts apart. Some sit on them trying to warm them up, some have poured drinks on them trying to get them to melt. Have them use their imagination as to how they will get the shirt undone and on.

Then off to Caithness general for Hypothermia treatment in this weather http://www.british-genealogy.com/forums/images/smilies/sm-doh.gif

vodka-queen
24-Nov-07, 03:15
hey all thanks for your ideas sound good but will see if they r up for any of them thats the question!

orkneylass
24-Nov-07, 15:15
Had this as an energiser on a training course recently and it is hilarious.

Everyone in the room must, without eye contact etc giving anything away, select one person as their "protector" and one person as their "spy".

When the game starts everyone must try to position themselves so that their protector is between them and their spy.

It was hilarious when I played it as I was chasing this lass round and round the room - whilst she was my protector, she had obviously selected me as her spy! Chaos and a lot of laughter results.

Thumper
24-Nov-07, 21:39
It can be easier if you go for a "theme night" that way you can do the food,drinks and games to fit in with whatever theme you have chosen x

Moi x
25-Nov-07, 00:45
A Bambi theme sounds fun. I'll come as Faline.

vodka-queen
25-Nov-07, 17:29
The party is now over and done with thank goodness!! was a great night and everyone fairly enjoyed themselves!!!!!

And yes there was more than enough drink ha ha!!!!!

once again thank u all for you ideas

:)