PDA

View Full Version : Obscene!!

highlander
15-Nov-07, 12:46
I read in the paper yesterday that David Beckham has signed a deal to model underwear and is getting £15 million for the next three years. Ok you guy's out there, would you really buy a pair of pants just because beckham wears them, surely if he is getting that kind of money they would be very expensive.
But then again maybe i should not be asking on a scottish forum. LOL

ett23
15-Nov-07, 12:51
I'm pretty sure there's lots of people out there who will buy underwear just because it's modelled by a celebrity. And at the end of the day to some people the price tag doesn't really matter.
Personally I wouldn't go for it, but each to their own I say! :confused

grandma
15-Nov-07, 12:55
Don't think I would buy them even if Beckham was still in them!! Do you think I could get some cash if I let Grandpa pose in his thermals? Does being mentioned on Caithness.org a few times make him famous enough? There's bound to be a catalogue of undergarments somewhere who would be interested!!! ;)

xx_chickie
15-Nov-07, 12:58
Don't think I would buy them even if Beckham was still in them!! Do you think I could get some cash if I let Grandpa pose in his thermals? Does being mentioned on Caithness.org a few times make him famous enough? There's bound to be a catalogue of undergarments somewhere who would be interested!!! ;)

Haha!!! Go grandma! :lol:

Cattach
15-Nov-07, 13:25
I read in the paper yesterday that David Beckham has signed a deal to model underwear and is getting £15 million for the next three years. Ok you guy's out there, would you really buy a pair of pants just because beckham wears them, surely if he is getting that kind of money they would be very expensive.

Best of luck to him. We would all jump at the chance of £15 million as proved by the very high lottery participation. I not interested in English football stars or English football but I do not knock people like Beckham either because they can earn a lot of money or because of their nationality.
Obscene? Well many thinks are obscene and amount of money does not necessarily correspond with obscenity. The gifts, toys etc our children and grandchildren get for birthdays and Christmas might well be seen as obscene but we contibue to participate in the obscenity.
Beckman comes over a nice guy and he has matured with age - get off his back.

TBH
15-Nov-07, 13:51
I am quite sure there is a lot of jealousy from other hugely more talented people over what this guy can command in terms of money but those that hold the purse strings absolutely love him and have made him a world celebrity even though he has done nothing to deserve it, good luck to him, maybe he can make enough money now to buy his soul back because the devil would beat him in a penalty shootout contest.;)

lazytown
15-Nov-07, 13:55
Well unless he is modeling for matalan or tesco, doubtful if I will be buying them.

saxovtr
15-Nov-07, 13:58
i was watching a program it said all the top name brands are made in the same factorys as not as well known brands,they just put the name on them and sell for more,i wear designer stuff but david beckham is a[lol]

Cattach
15-Nov-07, 16:19
i was watching a program it said all the top name brands are made in the same factorys as not as well known brands,they just put the name on them and sell for more,i wear designer stuff but david beckham is a[lol]

Just what we need - intelligent responses!!!! Tells us more about you than it does about David Beckham.

changilass
15-Nov-07, 16:31
Wow you are on a roll cattach, you have managed to attack the poster not the post twice in one thread

golach
15-Nov-07, 16:38
I for one will not be buying anything to do with any of the so called stars, I dont buy their aftershaves, underwear, or any products that they sponsor or put their names too.
I hope none of them ever sponsors Old Spice or Wolsey & Jockey Y fronts or I will be snookered [lol]

Anne x
15-Nov-07, 16:43

Go for it and why should grandpa not be famous [lol]

fred
15-Nov-07, 16:44

If making £5 million a year modelling underwear is obscene then what does that make this:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/china/story/0,,2207514,00.html

Torvaig
15-Nov-07, 16:53

Damart?.... Go for it grandma; with the right publicity I bet he could make it! ;)

mccaugm
15-Nov-07, 16:55
I have no issue with him advertising underwear....at least he has a good body. Also if the company he is advertising for is willing to pay then why not? However anything his wife is involved in...I avoid like the plague.

scorrie
15-Nov-07, 16:59
I dare say a few Scots will be hoping he has to change his Drawers after watching the weekend matches that will decide England's fate ;)

Thumper
15-Nov-07, 17:03
I dare say a few Scots will be hoping he has to change his Drawers after watching the weekend matches that will decide England's fate ;)
LOL Scorrie you are probably right,but he gets his new ones for free ;) x

highlander
15-Nov-07, 17:09
Grandma tell Grandpa ROCK ON!!! lol
Fred when i read that in the paper the other day i nearly chocked on my coffee, cant understand why they would want to listen to his drivel let alone pay for it.
Mccaugm yes beckham and blair have two things in common, both have never had to work to get thier hands dirty and both have money grabbing wives.

_Ju_
15-Nov-07, 20:03

Me thinks that maybe there will be many girlfriends/wives buying the underwear for their other halves. Then with a dollop of imagination, dimmed lighting and contacts out or glasses off they might feel a little like Posh spice[lol] Not that I could possibly understand why someone would want to emmulate either.......:roll:

xx_chickie
15-Nov-07, 20:08
I have no issue with him advertising underwear....at least he has a good body. Also if the company he is advertising for is willing to pay then why not? However anything his wife is involved in...I avoid like the plague.

Haha, too right! We should all embrace the situation, and like the fact that Victoria has nothing to do with it! I can't imagine her modelling boxers some how! :lol:

peter macdonald
15-Nov-07, 20:40
Funny reading this at a time when Englands women footballers were quite rightly complaining about getting 40 pounds a day to play in the World Cup I dont know who is dafter though re this star sponsor ship thing them that pay the money or them that buy the product unless it was someone like Ellen MacArthur and yachts etc

PM

Moira
15-Nov-07, 23:27
If making £5 million a year modelling underwear is obscene then what does that make this:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/china/story/0,,2207514,00.html

It's probably pants Fred. Don't worry about it.