PDA

View Full Version : Zamiskovci Brothers

stewart4364
15-Nov-07, 10:43
My wife and I went to the Zamiskovci Brothers concert in the Assembly Rooms on Wednesday 14th. November -- It was a fantastic concert. The band come from Slovakia. The music they played and the songs were varied, some slow and others very lively. The standard of music and singing was of a very high quality -- a lot of Caithness people missed a very enjoyable and entertaining evening. It is hoped that they may make a return visit sometime and if they do come it is certainly a concert worth going to. Last, but my no means least, thanks should go to the promoter from Shetland who brought the band to Scotland for a nationwide tour. An enjoyable night appeared to be had by all who attended.

The Pepsi Challenge
15-Nov-07, 11:02
They're a decent folk act, stewart, I quite like the Slovakian and Polish folk stuff, and they do look worryingly like some gypsy-Morris dancers. Still, they're great to listen to. Looks like folks missed out.

Aaldtimer
15-Nov-07, 21:19
I don't know that many folk missed out. There were very few empty seats and I estimated the audience at around 180/190, so it was a very good turn-out for a cauld November night.
I don't think any of us were expecting "Ye cannae shove yer Granny aff the bus" Slovakian style though.
TPC, have you ever actually seen a Morris Side? There was a bit of step dancing and even a quick Cossack dance thrown in.
A superb evenings entertainment and good fun with it.

The Pepsi Challenge
16-Nov-07, 12:02
Was only comparing their clobber to that of Morris dancers, auldtimer. I like their music, very chirpy.