PDA

View Full Version : Snow

Saveman
15-Nov-07, 01:23
Did I hear rumours of snow for Sunday or did I dream it?

Riffman
15-Nov-07, 01:52
Certainly rain forcast. Cold too, 7 degrees.

lassieinfife
15-Nov-07, 09:46
If you get it can you please keep it up your way I hate snow:(

hell raizer
15-Nov-07, 09:52
i hope not, i hate snow and the mess it makes when it starts thawing

mccaugm
15-Nov-07, 10:37
I LOVE SNOW.....let it snow ...let it snow....let it snow..:D..

grandma
15-Nov-07, 11:01
Can't wait for snow and to see how my car performs in it. Love the challenge of blasting through a drift and coming out the other side - or keeping the car on the road with ice.

xx_chickie
15-Nov-07, 11:03
Snow isn't like it used to be!! 6ft drifts and all that! It's just sleet we seem to get now, which is a shame!

brandy
15-Nov-07, 11:05
I love snow to! we will sit at the window withthe heat cranked up just watching it.. then layer ourselves until we can only waddle.. rush outside.. play until we are numb.. waddle/shiver back in.. rush to the fire after stripping and grabbing covers.. and cozy until we are warm and start the process all over again! *G*

ett23
15-Nov-07, 12:46
I love snow to! we will sit at the window withthe heat cranked up just watching it.. then layer ourselves until we can only waddle.. rush outside.. play until we are numb.. waddle/shiver back in.. rush to the fire after stripping and grabbing covers.. and cozy until we are warm and start the process all over again! *G*

I'm in total agreement brandy. I love to watch the snow falling - especially nice big flakes floating down slowly. Then I love being the first to step in it and make my footprints. Not to mention building an igloo, snowman and snowball fights!! And sledging too! :lol: I'm just a big kid at heart. ;)

nanoo
15-Nov-07, 14:09
Where we lived before we came to Wick was three miles outside the nearest town and when it snowed it was absolutely beautiful. Our house nestled on the edge of a private driveway and had trees all around us. The very first time the snow fell, we were mesmerized by it all, the complete silence, the snowflakes the size of 10 pence pieces fluttering down and settling on the tree branches, it was so quiet,you thought you could hear the flakes as they landed. It was just magic, like fairyland in fact. Unfortunately, the stuff we get now is sleet and not pleasant in any way. I never want to see it again. :confused

canuck
15-Nov-07, 14:26
In keeping with a traditional preparation for a Canadian winter, I tried to buy a snow shovel at the local big box hardware store here in Edinburgh. They laughed at me. Yes, laughed!!!!!

Do you have snow shovels in Caithness? I may need to drive up there to find one just to put my mind at ease.

alanatkie
15-Nov-07, 14:34
you can buy one on the net canuck.
try here -
http://www.bellbrush.com/snow-shovel-p-471.html

karia
15-Nov-07, 14:39
In keeping with a traditional preparation for a Canadian winter, I tried to buy a snow shovel at the local big box hardware store here in Edinburgh. They laughed at me. Yes, laughed!!!!!

Do you have snow shovels in Caithness? I may need to drive up there to find one just to put my mind at ease.

Don't forget to put snow chains on the car!;)

karia

WeeBurd
15-Nov-07, 14:51

I'm sure Lidls have them from time to time, Canuck, it's getting near to that time of year so keep your eyes peeled! ;)

dirdyweeker
15-Nov-07, 17:35
Serendipity in Thurso usually have them.....well they did with the previous owners

cuddlepop
15-Nov-07, 17:55
Did I hear rumours of snow for Sunday or did I dream it?
I think if you climb high eneogh on the north east coast of Scotland you just might find some on Sunday:),

unicorn
15-Nov-07, 18:32
I wish moonboots, earmuffs and snudes would make a fashion comeback every winter, snow was bliss when you could wrap up properly without looking like a weirdo :lol:

DeHaviLand
15-Nov-07, 19:07
I wish moonboots, earmuffs and snudes would make a fashion comeback every winter, snow was bliss when you could wrap up properly without looking like a weirdo :lol:

And this didnt leave you looking ever so slightly weird? Hmmm :roll:

unicorn
15-Nov-07, 19:15
yeah but everyone looked odd so it was fine :lol:

south view 7
15-Nov-07, 21:37

Yep Canuck,lidls have them next week.......

scorrie
15-Nov-07, 21:39
I'm sure Lidls have them from time to time, Canuck, it's getting near to that time of year so keep your eyes peeled! ;)

As if by Magic, Santa looked down and said :-

http://www.lidl.co.uk/uk/home.nsf/pages/c.o.20071122.p.Snow_Shovel.ar11

ps The bloke costs extra!!

canuck
15-Nov-07, 21:44
Thanks guys. I do know where the Edinburgh store is. I'll get over there next week. And it looks like they are on sale too. Double good news!

karia
15-Nov-07, 21:49
Thanks guys. I do know where the Edinburgh store is. I'll get over there next week. And it looks like they are on sale too. Double good news!

Triple good news if you pick up their 'mini stollen'....uber brill!:D

Ask all of us who put on a stone or two last xmas!;)

Kariax

Saveman
16-Nov-07, 00:11
I think I dreamt it, sorry for the false alarm.... ;)

Anne x
16-Nov-07, 00:38
not this weekend please til at least sunday night

WeeBurd
16-Nov-07, 22:37
Triple good news if you pick up their 'mini stollen'....uber brill!:D

Ask all of us who put on a stone or two last xmas!

Kariax

Have you tried their little Domino cubes - little squares of yummy ginger cake, topped with some fruit jelly & a chunk of marzipan, and lovingly wrapped in dark chocolate (because I have likely already been in and bought all the milk chocolate ones before you :D). Ooohhhhhh, WeeBurd heaven!

karia
16-Nov-07, 22:45
Have you tried their little Domino cubes - little squares of yummy ginger cake, topped with some fruit jelly & a chunk of marzipan, and lovingly wrapped in dark chocolate (because I have likely already been in and bought all the milk chocolate ones before you :D). Ooohhhhhh, WeeBurd heaven!

On my way weeburd!;)

karia...of the 'slimming pants'

WeeBurd
16-Nov-07, 22:46
On my way weeburd!;)

karia...of the 'slimming pants'

They'll likely have them too, first week in January I rekon [lol]!

karia
16-Nov-07, 22:55
They'll likely have them too, first week in January I rekon !

Yeah..alongside the 'uber slim' and the 'drastik weight loss salmonella drinken' !:eek:

I'm not gonna get near a PC thread with that am I?;)

Kariax

Tighsonas4
16-Nov-07, 23:02
Snow isn't like it used to be!! 6ft drifts and all that! It's just sleet we seem to get now, which is a shame!
hi you can say that again. have ploughed both roads wick to thurso
using the telegraph poles as a guide. big norwegian macs we were always
afraid we might plough a car into a field and never know and that was
after snowdrop regards tony

rockchick
16-Nov-07, 23:31
I love the sound of falling snow...so quiet, peaceful

Also, I loved looking up into a streetlight during a snowfall...confetti falling from heaven...wonderful trying to catch them on your tongue!