PDA

View Full Version : Led Zeppelin....the new album

Cedric Farthsbottom III
14-Nov-07, 20:12
This was a band that I knew a few songs but didn't give them a chance.Hear that I should buy Mothership cos it is mindblowing.Am I a late starter or were they hyped up.The songs I heard I liked.Robert Plants vocals and Jimmy on guitar.John Bonham to me was like Keith Moon,but the drummer was always the one at the back

Jeid
14-Nov-07, 23:08
I'd buy either Led Zep I-IV or Physical Graffiti. A great band.

The Pepsi Challenge
15-Nov-07, 00:15
These days I much prefer Dread Zeppelin, but there you go...

cullbucket
15-Nov-07, 06:35
Start at the beginning with I then try II, then III then IV. They are all great albums......

as much as I like Reggae, can't stand Dread Zep, prefer a bit of Toots, Big Youth or Lee Scratch Perry, Congoes etc....

rob murray
15-Nov-07, 10:39
This was a band that I knew a few songs but didn't give them a chance.Hear that I should buy Mothership cos it is mindblowing.Am I a late starter or were they hyped up.The songs I heard I liked.Robert Plants vocals and Jimmy on guitar.John Bonham to me was like Keith Moon,but the drummer was always the one at the back

No hype behind Zepp, the press at the time really detested them, classic case of a band breaking big through US roadwork promoting a series of classic rock albums. Interestingly frist 4 albums were released between 68 - 71 !

Boozeburglar
15-Nov-07, 13:44
Really depends on what kind of music you like, but it would be hard to imagine an open minded ear finding nothing pleasing amongst all the Zep material out there.

Personally, I find it hard to listen to the early albums these days, but everything from Physical Graffiti on rocks!

It is amazing how contemporary some of it sounds.

Bit like listening to Zappa's Hot Rats; how is it possible for Peaches En Regalia to sound so fresh?

It bemuses me.

Ah, Dread Zeppelin...

Fondly remember a bottle of Jack, a gig in the old Town and Country and a long and crazy night....

Still, if you truly prefer to listen to Dread Zep it is a sad affair.

I suppose you like Rush.

;)

The Pepsi Challenge
15-Nov-07, 14:45
Rush? I much prefer Primus.