PDA

View Full Version : Heaven and Hell

mccaugm
14-Nov-07, 00:32
Whats your idea of your own personal Heaven and/or Hell? ( you can still be alive at the time)

My idea of Heaven would be calorie free chocolate, my kids always behaving and being loved and in love. Getting the job that I want, being able to afford the house that I want. No smoking in the world.

Being able to make sure everyone in the world is happy, healthy and free from conflict of all kinds.

Hell
The world continuing on its current maddening path.

Anything bad happening to my family. Never being able to buy the house that I want. Not getting the job that I want. people continuing to smoke however few.

Kenn
14-Nov-07, 01:25
Heaven to me is waking up in the morning to the sound of bird song, the slough of the breeze through the garden, the first cup of tea of the day, backed up by a natter with either of the children and maybe grandson having a chuckle down the 'phone to Ganny.
It's being surrounded by folk that you love, laughter and a sense of wellbeing.
Hell to me is the inhumanity of man to man, the cowards that hide behind the bullet and the bomb and are afraid to embrace their fellow beings. The ever increasing destruction of all that should be valued on this planet.
Despite all this I remain one of life's optimists.

Anne x
14-Nov-07, 01:47
Good Post

My idea of Heaven being loved and giving love family friends etc and the world being a happier and peaceful place sounds schmuck but true !!!!!!

Hell !! Mmm toughie where does one start there is so much and many awful things that goes on in the world today and in our personal lives that affects everyone different Bereavement etc etc and each to there own idea of Hell

Moi x
14-Nov-07, 02:00
Our world is what we make of it and it's the only one we have so let's all do our best to improve it.

Moi x

Lolabelle
14-Nov-07, 04:47
I think I will come back to this one, it requires me to do some thinking!!!

PS, I could be a while! [lol]

hotrod4
14-Nov-07, 08:13
Great subject :)

My personal Heaven would be waking up in the morning taking my beautiful wife and kids in my ferrari to Wick airport where we would board my private jet on a flight to Orlando,Florida. we would spend some time there with Mickey and Donald before returning home to Inverness airport to have a meal in Burger King then drive back home in my Ferrari. I dont ask for much really!

My personal hell actually happens on occasions(though i wish it didnt!) is when The mighty Bears of Govan suffer a defeat to the Evil lords of parkhead :(
Seeing as I suffer my personal hell can i get my heaven now??????? PLEASE jim can you fix it for me.

Thumper
14-Nov-07, 10:20
Heaven...a shop with lots of lovely shoes in it and me having lots of money to spend in it.
Hell.....shop with lots of lovely shoes in it and me being broke :(...I live in hell nearly everyday [lol] x

riggerboy
14-Nov-07, 10:35
heaven; the feeling i get on my way home and the time i spend at home.

hell; the feeling i have when leaving home, the travel to aberdeen on the worst road possible, the helicopter filght,the missing of my wife and kids and my wee lexidog, the feeling of solitude from the outside world, and above all just when you think your going home after 2 weeks the boss coming in and asking you to do an extra week, which means less time at home,

the offshore industry does have its up sides as well but i cant think off any at the moment,

honey
14-Nov-07, 10:50
heaven - knowing my family are happy healthy and loved.

hell - being locked in a room with clowns crocodiles and dentisits!!!:lol:

honey
14-Nov-07, 10:53
My personal hell actually happens on occasions(though i wish it didnt!) is when The mighty Bears of Govan suffer a defeat to the Evil lords of parkhead :(

i agree with that one too!!!!!! :mad:

xx_chickie
14-Nov-07, 13:08
Oh, tough one!!

I'm going to have to say:-

Heaven: all those who are deserving are happy and healthy, people having no hang-ups about themselves, having enough money and time to satisfy the needs of all those I love, and having a job that makes me want to get up in the morning. :D

Hell:
The world continuing on its current maddening path.

I agree, mccaugm! Such violence, hatred and selfishness is unnecessary and affects everyone so negatively :-( Unfortunately, due to human nature, looks like there's nothing anyone can do about it.

Cattach
14-Nov-07, 13:24
Heaven...a shop with lots of lovely shoes in it and me having lots of money to spend in it.
Hell.....shop with lots of lovely shoes in it and me being broke :(...I live in hell nearly everyday [lol] x

For many people in our world if to buy or not to buy shoes was the only problem they would be in Heaven. Afraid many people live a Hell on Earth as you will see on the news just about everyday.

scorrie
14-Nov-07, 13:52
For many people in our world if to buy or not to buy shoes was the only problem they would be in Heaven. Afraid many people live a Hell on Earth as you will see on the news just about everyday.

Although this is probably meant to be a light-hearted thread, what you say is very true. Life IS Hell for many people on our planet. The sad thing is that we could probably do a lot more to change that fact, but it is Human Nature to pursue one's own idea of Heaven, rather than to concentrate on why others are living in Hell.

If I were to picture myself at the Pearly Gates, being shown what suffering took place on the planet Earth during my lifetime and being asked why I didn't go out of my way to try to prevent it happening, I don't think I could come up with a very convincing reason.

I may not live in Heaven, but I try to remind myself as often as possible, that many souls in this world would swap places with me, or many others, in a heartbeat.

Angela
14-Nov-07, 14:15
Hell to me personally is the loss of someone you love very much, or watching them suffer.

I found that being very ill on a ventilator in the ICU and unable to speak or communicate at all, was a pretty awful experience too.

Lots of different wee things can feel like heaven to me now, but especially time spent with my family, or sitting outside on the small and peaceful Greek island I'm very fond of, watching the sailing boats coming into harbour as the sun begins to go down. :)

In comparison with what many people are enduring in other parts of the world, my heaven would be far, far outwith their wildest imaginings, and my idea of hell not as bad as what they face each day- but it can be hard to understand fully what their lives must be like. :(

karia
14-Nov-07, 14:32
My life at present is pretty heavenly!

I have a wonderful husband and a terrific family, a warm comfortable house, plenty of good nutritious food and drink and friends to enjoy those things with.

I was in Edinburgh last week and was upset by the number of people, often young women, sitting in cold doorways begging and being treated with contempt by the wealthy city types as they passed en route to their centrally heated offices clasping their over-priced lunches.

To be one of those sitting on a cold pavement in an unforgiving city is my idea of hell.

Thumper
14-Nov-07, 14:54
Sorry Cattach!I was trying to be lighthearted about this thread!I am not unaware of what is going on in the world,I live in it everyday too,If I caused offence then I am sorry but as I said I was just having a bit of fun ;) x

Angela
14-Nov-07, 15:16
Sorry Cattach!I was trying to be lighthearted about this thread!I am not unaware of what is going on in the world,I live in it everyday too,If I caused offence then I am sorry but as I said I was just having a bit of fun ;) x

It's true, Thumper, that such things as a new pair of shoes can feel pretty heavenly!

We can't think all the time of all the terrible things going on around the world -if we did, we couldn't get through our daily life.

I believe, that if at all possible, we have a duty to try to be cheerful.

Really little things can often cheer us all up such a lot -if I find a book I really want to read just sitting waiting for me on the library shelf, I have a moment of pure happiness! :D

Thumper
14-Nov-07, 15:18
It's true, Thumper, that such things as a new pair of shoes can feel pretty heavenly!

We can't think all the time of all the terrible things going on around the world -if we did, we couldn't get through our daily life.

I believe, that if at all possible, we have a duty to try to be cheerful.

Really little things can often cheer us all up such a lot -if I find a book I really want to read just sitting waiting for me on the library shelf, I have a moment of pure happiness! :D
Thank you Angela!You have made me feel much better!x

sweetpea
14-Nov-07, 16:48
My idea of heaven would be a good night's uninterupted sleep! As for hell, personally I think we are in it now and the good bit is still to come;)

thebigman
14-Nov-07, 18:33

Hell is meeting folk with no sense of humour.

hotrod4
14-Nov-07, 19:28
Why is it when a good topic comes along that is in good humour and makes you feel happy, it gets hijacked by people who wish to discuss things deeper?
Its a light hearted thread which I myself am enjoying lets keep it that way and not dwell on the how's or why's of the planet.
Loving the rest of it though, great crack :) Keep it up!!!!!

golach
14-Nov-07, 21:00
Whats your idea of your own personal Heaven and/or Hell? ( you can still be alive at the time)
My idea of Heaven would be calorie free chocolate, my kids always behaving and being loved and in love. Getting the job that I want, being able to afford the house that I want. No smoking in the world..

Cattach, IMO, mccaugm, the origional poster, was posting a personal view of their own idea of heaven and or hell, they as far as I can see, were not making any generalisations on the state of the world, and was inviting personal views of heaven or hell, and if the lack of money to buy a pair of shoes is one persons hell, then so be it as far as I am concerned:)

cuddlepop
14-Nov-07, 21:03
Heaven is a long hot soak in a fragrant bubble bath surrounded by candles and some good music in the background.:D
Hell is when you've been looking forward to it all day and someones used all the hot water.:~(

Cedric Farthsbottom III
14-Nov-07, 21:06
Heaven...............a cup of coffee wi two sugars:D
Hell....................running oot of sugar:evil

canuck
14-Nov-07, 21:13
Friends like Cedric will be in my heaven, so I guess we live a little bit of it each day here on the org.

mccaugm
14-Nov-07, 21:22
Cattach, IMO, mccaugm, the origional poster, was posting a personal view of their own idea of heaven and or hell, they as far as I can see, were not making any generalisations on the state of the world, and was inviting personal views of heaven or hell, and if the lack of money to buy a pair of shoes is one persons hell, then so be it as far as I am concerned:)

When I came up with the idea for the thread it was intended to be lighthearted. Didn't intend to upset people .

If your idea of hell is running out of brown sauce or heaven is watching the entire Star Wars series..so be it...enjoy!:Razz

scorrie
14-Nov-07, 21:38
Hell is meeting folk with no sense of humour.

Worse still is those with no tolerance of other peoples opinions!!

Julia
14-Nov-07, 21:39
Excellent thread btw!

My idea of heaven would be designing my own house, a cleaner would be great too, my favourite foods being calorie free, a content planet, regular holidays somewhere warm and relaxing, a worldwide ban on smoking, lots and lots of money to keep me in the manner I could so easily be accustomed to, oh I could go on and on and on!

My hell is finding empty milk containers in the fridge! [evil]

Andrew C
16-Nov-07, 03:09
You'll probably know what Heaven and Hell 'really' are to me...I believe they are real places but in the spirit of the thread...lemme think....

'heaven' would be a dessert island...on my own...with a small jetty so that people could visit (but just now and again by invitation)

'hell' would be a supermarket where I had to do food shopping for eternity then pack it into bottomless cupboards and do it all again..incidentally, if anyone wants to volunteer to do my food shopping...

Lolabelle
16-Nov-07, 03:53
You'll probably know what Heaven and Hell 'really' are to me...I believe they are real places but in the spirit of the thread...lemme think....

Same here...

Heaven would be having a husband who is home every night.

Hell is having a husband who is rarely in the same state as me. [evil]

You may have guessed from the above that Dave is away a lot at the moment, and I am not a happy girl. :~(