PDA

View Full Version : Castlegreen Road THURSO

Penny
01-Sep-05, 16:15
Are other folk as irritated as me by all the inconsiderate parking along Castlegreen Road?
It's bad enough that people have to park on one side of the road but often we have to weave in and out of cars parked almost opposite one another.
I fully appreciate that this is a residential road but it is also a main thoroughfare and a bus route and at times it is very dangerous indeed.

Penny

roybacer
01-Sep-05, 16:30
1day sum1 will hit another car or sum1 will get hit,i dont wish that but i do not even live in thurso and the times i have gone up that road i can c it is a danger i tend to avoid it myself now.

CHUCKY
01-Sep-05, 17:54
Can you provide parking for these people? Calling them inconsiderate for parking in front of their house is a bit uncalled for. They live there for goodness sake.

Because where else is there? It is so difficult to get a garage and the rent for them is constantly rising.
Do you park your car in front of your house? or are you more considerate for the drivers that want to pass your house.

Where do you park your car, if you cant park in front of your own front door?

At the end of the day it is a residential area, and many people use it for a short cut instead of going through the town. Maybe if they put speed bumps people would stop using it as a short cut. I think that speeding drivers are more of a problem than people parking their car in front of their own homes.

The only people who can fix this is the authorities, by providing more parking.

rainbow
01-Sep-05, 18:40
It isn't just a problem in Thurso - you should try Wick! Bridge Street always has a row of cars along one side (and that is not caused by lack of parking!). You should also try driving along Seaforth Ave, Glamis Rd to name a few. These houses were built before people had cars - or 2 cars, and there was no need for parking. Times have changed and the need is there. Also the widest street in Wick - Macarthur Street, is often single file, due to inconsiderate parking, bout time the council marked parking space diagonal to the pavement. I agree people should be able to park outside their own houses, but when some Wickers go shopping, if they could take their cars into the shops to avoid walking, they would do so!!!

daviddd
01-Sep-05, 22:18
Castlegreen Rd. IS a residential area and people are entitled to have cars, it shouldn't be a short cut for traffic though I know it is used that way (I use it myself!). Anyway there are plans for a ring road in the near future I understand, from Ormlie to the Weigh Inn where there'll be a roundabout.

jay
02-Sep-05, 12:06
I don't find the parking in castlegreen road to be too bad but there are times when it is a grid lock - I do however, find considerable trouble on the corner of castlegreen road and pennyland drive, just at the swing park. There are cars parked right up to the corner and in some cases on the corner itself. There have been a few close shaves with cars turning into pennyland drive meeting traffic coming the other way on the wrong side of the road.