PDA

View Full Version : what makes you feel like a kid again?

honey
12-Nov-07, 17:33
Im of to see Take That next week.. and im as excited as any 15 year old girl would have been back in the day!

I went to see them last year, but I was pregnant, so i am gonna certainly make up for it... plus im going with another teuchter, so we will be mad together!! :lol:

it made me think tho, what makes you feel like a youngster again???

Ash
12-Nov-07, 17:36
xmas time as i get soo excited about it, i can get away with it because i have a 3year old:lol:

honey
12-Nov-07, 17:40
that goes for kids films as well.. i bought The Labrynth and The Little Mermaid videos for my son one day... even though he didnt want to see them... but thats my excuse, and im sticking to it!!:lol:

Hibeechick
12-Nov-07, 17:47
The whole week before I go back to Edinburgh you could peel me from the ceiling. Its like christmas, birthdays and hundreds of e-numbers all rolled into one lol.

Same goes the day before a football match.

Bobinovich
12-Nov-07, 17:53
When I forget I'm 39 and that mad chaotic streak appears in me. I start messing around with the kids like a 10 year old - it worries the OH and makes the kids go hyper - great fun while it lasts! :D

wifie
12-Nov-07, 18:29
You sound just like my OH Bobinovich - he loves messing around with the kids and being kid-like himself! I think sledging makes me feel like a kid as I skirl (literally) my way down the hill hanging on like mad. Didn't really sledge much as a kid (not enough snow or hills) but it sure brings back happy memories!

jings00
12-Nov-07, 18:30
When I forget I'm 39 and that mad chaotic streak appears in me. I start messing around with the kids like a 10 year old - it worries the OH and makes the kids go hyper - great fun while it lasts! :D

yeh, i gotta agree with that!!!!

cuddlepop
12-Nov-07, 18:45
Snow, I love going out and building a snow man .

lastime its snowed heavily over here we took the landrover to the Quaring and built a snowman at the top of the hill.
It was great fun...and the dog had a great time too.:D

unicorn
12-Nov-07, 19:55
Waterfights in summer:D great fun:D

Dadie
12-Nov-07, 20:39
snow angels .. ice lollies on a hot day..sneaky shotties on the swings..

scorrie
12-Nov-07, 22:10
Watching Scotland playing Italy this Saturday. There is every chance that I will be wetting my pants and crying!!

wifie
12-Nov-07, 22:19
Swings! Dadie - forgot the swings!!!

unicorn
12-Nov-07, 22:22
Swings absolutely agree, I used to love to lean back and watch the sky when on the swings, tried it as an adult oooooooooer very dizzy :lol:

riggerboy
13-Nov-07, 10:37
getting home after 3 weeks out here, i must admit i get like a wee kid in a sweety shop, butterflys in ma belly

wifie
13-Nov-07, 11:55
Unicorn - try a big round swing similar to the one outside the Weigh Inn as you can just lie back and look at the sky without the ooer factor! No, no I haven't tried it - who me? ;)

candyfloss
13-Nov-07, 12:04
Screaming my head off at all the Westlife concerts i've been to, i,m worse than the kids [lol]
And helping them build a snowman :)

bluelady
13-Nov-07, 12:18
watching all the old Walt Disney films, Snow White, Bambi etc :)

sweetpea
13-Nov-07, 12:21
I feel like a kid all the time! going on roller coasters, being home in my old bedroom that mum has kept like a shrine especially when she gives me tea and toast in bed, when my family call me my pet name (which I won't say on here), when they tell stories about things I did when I was wee, paddling in the sea and water balloon fights of course, playing with kids toys especially dressing dolls, watching Annie and last but not least when I'm ill and have a duvet day curled up in PJ'S watching a film and drinking hot chocolate:)

grandma
13-Nov-07, 12:30
It's got to be going out in the snow, building a snowman (sometimes build the whole family!!) and having a snowball fight. Water fights in summer also make me feel like a kid again and playing practical jokes - like jumping out the wheelie bin and giving folk a fright !!

johno
13-Nov-07, 13:18
Was once given a drive of a friends ferrarri, that made me feel like a kid again.
Ps, was almost as good as the front seat on the big red one in Blackpool pleasure beach.

xx_chickie
13-Nov-07, 13:19
The first snowfall is definitely very exciting!! :lol:

unicorn
13-Nov-07, 13:19
Unicorn - try a big round swing similar to the one outside the Weigh Inn as you can just lie back and look at the sky without the ooer factor! No, no I haven't tried it - who me? ;)
I have seen one of those must give it a try :lol:

mums angels
13-Nov-07, 13:26
watching my oldest takes me back to her age all the time , stirs up old memories all the time, but most of all watching their excitment over xmas, birthdays and new things makes me feel like a kid again

justine
13-Nov-07, 13:53
MY Kids....They keep me young alive and insane..But i would have it no other way.ILike to watch and listen to their innocence.Some things they say and do are enough to keep me acting and more often than not thinking like a kid....

honey
13-Nov-07, 16:28
Screaming my head off at all the Westlife concerts i've been to, i,m worse than the kids [lol]

ive been there and done that too - several times!! :lol:

the last time i was home in Thurso i went on the swings in springpark terrace.. it was great fun, i hadnt dont that in years!!

I think seeing my eldest watch well known films for the first time takes me back to when i watched them for the 1st time too.. thats a great feeling!!

ett23
14-Nov-07, 15:19
Going to Alton Towers makes me feel like a kid (screaming till I'm hoarse, then saying "let's do that again")
Seeing snow falling on a really calm day. Then building an igloo for the kids but really for myself!
Seeing an obstacle course and having to complete it to prove I've still got what it takes - whatever that is!
Going to a Panto and shouting "It's behind you" and booing and hissing at the top of my voice. All my friends die of embarassment. :p
And spending time with my sister and our cousin - we all used to be best friends when we were younger. Within seconds we're giggling like we're teenagers again!! And that's without alcohol!! [lol]

Murchiemannie
14-Nov-07, 16:50
walking out on a frosty morning and stamping on the ice which has formed on the puddles and watching it crack.
Just love it :D

singysmum
14-Nov-07, 17:23
Watching the house come alive as we put all the Christmas lights up. Oh, and oohing and aahing at brilliant fireworks displays.