PDA

View Full Version : Mobile phone coverage

thickrodney
30-Aug-05, 23:04
is any1 on the mobile phone network three?
What like is the coverage?
Looking at their coverage map, we do not get video but we get voice and picture.Is this correct.
Any info would be appreciated.
thanks.

Geo
30-Aug-05, 23:10
There is no direct 3 coverage in Caithness. When in an area with no coverage 3 uses the O2 network for calls, texts etc but as you say not video. Hth

Joey
31-Aug-05, 13:43
So does that mean that 3 phone coverage (speech & text) is quite good in the county. I ask because my contract is about to expire and am looking around at moment for a new deal. 3 appear to have good deals on the go just now.

Donnie
31-Aug-05, 17:12
I found the O2 coverage to be for the most part pretty good except when indoors in certain parts of Ormlie.

Gizmo
31-Aug-05, 19:00
O2 is ok...not great...just ok, it's pretty much fine in either Wick ot Thurso, but if you move out to the countryside it gets rather patchy, especially between Wick and Lybster or Thurso and Bettyhill

I used to use Vodafone and always found them to be pretty good coverage wise, but they dont give me 300 free txts on PAYG so i'll put up with the patchy O2 signal for now.

Giz

Geo
01-Sep-05, 01:02
A lot of my family are on O2 and find the coverage good. Not sure what it would be like on a 3 phone using O2 though.

compo
01-Sep-05, 12:33
do all mobile phone service providers charge the recipient of a call aswell as the person making the call. and if so why

Geo
01-Sep-05, 12:37
Not in the UK. I think that is the case in the USA though.