PDA

View Full Version : Heritage Fair

KitKat
11-Nov-07, 15:56
I've just come back from this event in the Assembly Rooms. Some wonderful displays by schools from all over the county on show. Its a shame it hasn't been better attended as a lot of work has obviously gone into the show.

floyed
11-Nov-07, 16:19
I was at it yesterday with my son, there was quite a few people coming and going. There was some good displays:D

Cattach
11-Nov-07, 23:38
I've just come back from this event in the Assembly Rooms. Some wonderful displays by schools from all over the county on show. Its a shame it hasn't been better attended as a lot of work has obviously gone into the show.

Great work on show and a very poor turnout over the weekend. The advertising was pitiful so what can can be exopected if there is only one press advert (small one at that) and no editorial or newspaper report. Also not on Caithness.org until morning of fair.

Well done exhibitors - pity you were let down.

Bill Fernie
12-Nov-07, 00:31
The Heritage Fair was advertised on the front page for about a week from the 27th of October linked to this page http://www.caithness.org/fpb/2007/caithness_heritage_fair/index.htm

I would have brought it back on the front page earlier but was away most of the week.

Should the organisers charge to get in (entry was free) and pay a lot more for advertising.

I understand the number of folk attending was about 700 over the two days. Less than last time it was in Wick but more than it was last time in Thurso.

there was also alink in the left hand column under the whats On for over two weeks.

Cattach
12-Nov-07, 16:17
The Heritage Fair was advertised on the front page for about a week from the 27th of October linked to this page http://www.caithness.org/fpb/2007/caithness_heritage_fair/index.htm

I would have brought it back on the front page earlier but was away most of the week.

Should the organisers charge to get in (entry was free) and pay a lot more for advertising.

I understand the number of folk attending was about 700 over the two days. Less than last time it was in Wick but more than it was last time in Thurso.

there was also alink in the left hand column under the whats On for over two weeks.

Thanks for that Bill. I am afraid that the press coverage was almost nil. The Groat readily accept 'write-ups' before events at no cost in their editorial and news spots. The comments I heard from many people related to the lack of 'advertising'/publication or pre-build up. Certainly the Thurso event was poor and there were reasons for that too. Previous events in Wick were superb and the Assembly Rooms is be far the best place for such events. I am afraid that because something is free at the door does not constitute a reason for lack of publication of the event. It was a very good turnout of stands and the school work in particular was excellent and it is a pity that more people were not there to see it.
Clearly being on Armistice Sunday was a problem not least for getting help at the event remembering that the Thurso service is on the afternoon of Armistice Sunday.