PDA

View Full Version : Firework display. Thurso Beach

teddybear1873
10-Nov-07, 15:25
Does anyone know if the firework display is on tonight at Thurso Beach? Not sure with all this dreech weather if it still is. At the moment its pouring with rain. The kids will do my nut in if its cancelled.

PS. Does anyone know the time it starts? I heard its 600pm

coppertop 1958
10-Nov-07, 15:28
Bonfire and Fireworks Display
Saturday 10 November 2007
November 2007 In Full

Starts: 18:00

Thurso and District Round Table once again bring you the most exciting and extravagent Fireworks display in the North. This year sees the return of the Rotary Bonfire which lights at 6pm. The annual fireworks are self supporting. Every penny is appreciated and will directly contribute to funding next years event.

Price: Entry by Donation

E-Mail: dhcameron@ntlworld.com

Phone: 01847890806

pauline79
10-Nov-07, 16:09
Hi
My 4 year old daughter has been desperate for the fireworks, I slipped up and told her they were on last saturday and had to explain later that mummy was wrong and there were a few more sleeps to go, If i have to let her down again its going to be a very long night. I hope they are still going ahead!
Besides you cant beat the hotdogs and coffee when its cold outside!!

nannydip
10-Nov-07, 16:24
Just back from walking the dog on the beach and people there getting things ready for tonights display, looks very much like it's on

teddybear1873
10-Nov-07, 17:05
Think i will be sitting in the car with the bairns. That lashing rain aint going to ease of it seems.

Karen
10-Nov-07, 18:55
Just heard on MFR that it's been cancelled due to the weather :(

Dadie
10-Nov-07, 19:42
Its a shame its to wet for it if the weather was better we might have gone but there is no point in going if its miserable all you end up with is a cold!!

saba
10-Nov-07, 19:48
The fireworks had to be cancelled due to the weather but the bonfire on the beach has been lit. Go and see!!

Ash
10-Nov-07, 21:00
fireworks have been going of that way, as we went out a walk as thought they were cancelled, took the dog, he was mega scared and we got soaked!

Moby
11-Nov-07, 12:09
I feel so sorry for the organisers - they spent hours in the pouring rain yesterday building the bonfire and getting everything set up..................then came the wind! We still went down to see the bonfire though.

Fingers crossed they hope to re-schedule the fireworks

ABC
11-Nov-07, 15:20
Yeah I feel sorry for the organisers setting everything up, but when we went down they were nowhere to be seen. The only official we saw were the Fire Brigade, First Aiders and the Coast Guard. Where were the organisers? Surely it is still up to them overall?

Spring Flower
11-Nov-07, 21:44
I saw the organisers out in force - I saw 3 beside Tempest Cafe telling people that fireworks were cancelled but the bonfire was still lit. When we went a walk to the bonfire we past another 2 people so the Thurso Round Table definiately had members there. I felt really sorry for them cause I too saw them out in the rain on Saturday afternoon sorting everything out. I asked the organisers if it was going to be rescheduled but they said the guy that does it is booked up.

Me and the kids waited around for 30 minutes to watch the bonfire and then at 7 pm some fireworks went off but think it was from a house nearby and not done by the Thurso Round Table.

ABC
11-Nov-07, 22:30
The fireworks were by somebody elses. It was about 645 we went down and there was no Round table / rotary members anywhere near the bonfire/public.

saba
12-Nov-07, 00:36
ABC - you must need your eyes tested!! I was down at the bonfire and saw at least 5 round tablers and 4 rotary guys who were all wearing flourescent tabards. Other members were manning some of the entrances to advise the general public that the fireworks unfortunately had to be cancelled. Members from the coastguards, fire brigade and medical volunteers were all in attendance (again all wearing flourescent jackets).

Royster1911
12-Nov-07, 11:31
I saw the organisers out in force - I saw 3 beside Tempest Cafe telling people that fireworks were cancelled but the bonfire was still lit. When we went a walk to the bonfire we past another 2 people so the Thurso Round Table definiately had members there. I felt really sorry for them cause I too saw them out in the rain on Saturday afternoon sorting everything out. I asked the organisers if it was going to be rescheduled but they said the guy that does it is booked up.

Me and the kids waited around for 30 minutes to watch the bonfire and then at 7 pm some fireworks went off but think it was from a house nearby and not done by the Thurso Round Table.

Hogmanay would be a popular choice for the fireworks (if the pyrotechnics team are available).

henry20
12-Nov-07, 12:09
My dog was very happy that they didn't go ahead. He's petrified of every noise, so I had visions of a bad night with him. If I'd known they wouldn't go ahead, I could've had a night out after all!!!! ;)

ABC
12-Nov-07, 13:31
We stood beside the fire engine from 645 to about 730 and certainly never saw any organisers standing there with THEIR crowd.

Moby
12-Nov-07, 13:33
Hogmanay would be a popular choice for the fireworks (if the pyrotechnics team are available).

I agree but it would be a bit of a shame for the wee ones who were looking forward to them if it's on after their bed time.

The Pepsi Challenge
12-Nov-07, 14:24
ABC - you must need your eyes tested!! I was down at the bonfire and saw at least 5 round tablers and 4 rotary guys who were all wearing flourescent tabards. Other members were manning some of the entrances to advise the general public that the fireworks unfortunately had to be cancelled. Members from the coastguards, fire brigade and medical volunteers were all in attendance (again all wearing flourescent jackets).

Yeah, but how do you really spot them? Am not down with the funny handshakes.