PDA

View Full Version : Star Trek

Saveman
09-Nov-07, 19:51
The new film: too many famous faces for it to work?

Can there really be any life left in this franchise?? Was there any life in it to begin with?!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7086747.stm

Rheghead
09-Nov-07, 19:53
I will go to watch it, but did the chap from Still game get the Scotty role?:confused

EDIT I just found out that the Scotty role is going to Simon Pegg from 'Shaun of the Dead', might be funny then?

http://imdb.com/title/tt0796366/

ett23
09-Nov-07, 20:14
Can there really be any life left in this franchise?? Was there any life in it to begin with?!

I'm glad to see they're giving Leonard Nimoy a role. Hey, I can start doing my vulcan salute again!!! Ah, memories..... :lol:

bluelady
10-Nov-07, 01:43
with hundreds of trekkies out there, im sure it will work - to boldly go and go and go again ... ;)

marlyn
10-Nov-07, 18:59
There was a magic about the original series that has never been repeated in any of the other series, th new generation was good though it outstayed its welcome (and by then I got 'sickened' of it all and never watched the rest - was enterprise any good, I was going to watch - 1 or 2 of the films 'came close'.

As for Simon Pegg? Beggers belief really, though who knows.

I am a bit wary about this, however the one interesting note that I read the other day which may indicate that this may turn out good is that the role of the original captain , 'Christopher Pike', (played by Jeffrey Hunter also in the classic file 'The searchers') who was in the Pilot (and one of the subsequent episodes) is 'in' the film- Not really sure what that means about 'Kirk'?

Kirk - thats one character that I cant see anyone 'current' playing ?

The cameo from Nimoy (and presumably shatner / Koenig etc) is one that I'm not sure about either - it will be rpesumably be them 'reflecting back'

Anyway fingers crossed!

Geo
10-Nov-07, 19:02
I will go see it but not sure if the format will work. Can't see Simon Pegg as Scotty. Great in comedy roles though.

scorrie
10-Nov-07, 21:33
Kirk - thats one character that I cant see anyone 'current' playing ?

Aye, where's Doug McClure when you need him?

Geo
10-Nov-07, 23:11
Anyone seen this? It's a fan 3 parter but with real Star Trek actors. Looking forward to it. The trailer is available at the site.

http://startrekofgodsandmen.com/main/index.php

fred
10-Nov-07, 23:44
The new film: too many famous faces for it to work?

Yes.

It's a classic format, the basis of films since films were first invented. It's basically a cowboy film moved into the future. The final frontier is the same as the wild frontier of Davie Crocket, they have phasers instead of Colts, the Red Indians are now Klingons but it's the same old story that has been working over and over again in various formats for a hundred years and will still be working in another hundred years.