PDA

View Full Version : What is the best way to lose 1/2 stone in weight?

edayhouse
09-Nov-07, 11:34
Hello All
Was wondering if anyone can help me?

I would say that i eat fairly well and do moderate exercise but i am finding it very difficult to shift my last 1/2 stone that i gained since having my babies.

Does anyone have any words of wisdom to give me??
Seriously considering going on the slim fast plan for a couple of weeks and also the Special K diet but dont want to lose it all then put it straight back on!

Thanks for listening

rhino
09-Nov-07, 12:55
my missus started with slimmers. she has got to count the checks in what she eats. she thinks its great cause she can eat whatever she likes as long as its within the limits.

she has lost so much wait. she looks absolutely stunning!!!!!

sweetpea
09-Nov-07, 13:02
My tip is don't eat wheat for a bit like bread esp. You get wheat free pasta. That and legs up over the sofa doing crunches, as many as you can every day if it's round your middle.;)

justine
09-Nov-07, 14:42
Well the best advice i can give you is to have a good breakfast of cereal, then a snack for lunch, avaoid all sugary foods and drinks, then have an evening meal of good meat and veg...I know it can be hard to lose what pregnancy puts on but it wil shift as long as you stay away from any foods high in sugar...Other than that i suggest you have a few more kids and then you wont get time to eat and you never get to sit down and the weight just falls off...After having nine of my own and still being in a size 10 then the more kids the better it is for you.:eek::confused

rob murray
09-Nov-07, 15:39
Get marooned on stroma for a week !

golach
09-Nov-07, 15:50
Go for the wild rabbit diet....you have to chase and catch them :lol:

Thumper
09-Nov-07, 16:53
Go for the wild rabbit diet....you have to chase and catch them :lol:
Golach!I hope you don't mean that personally? LOL x

golach
09-Nov-07, 16:56
Golach!I hope you don't mean that personally? LOL x
Are you wild Thumper, if I made you wild then I am sorry [lol]

Thumper
09-Nov-07, 17:01
Are you wild Thumper, if I made you wild then I am sorry
Aww,bless you Golach!I am wild and unpredictable ;) BUT that's only since I met you :lol: x

Thumper
09-Nov-07, 17:29
Edayhouse,salad is way better than rabbit anyday ;) We don't run that fast and the fur sticks in your throat ;) x

Moby
09-Nov-07, 18:46
This definately works -

Special K with low fat milk for breakfast & Lunch - drink water in between if you feel hungry. Normal dinner but cut out fats (eg: butter), sugar and carbs (eg:bread & pasta).

This along with a decent work out of about an hour a day certainly will do the trick and fast. Swimming is fantastic for firming up those tummy muscles and burning off the calories.

Good luck.

egregory
09-Nov-07, 19:18
Thai Chi for mind and body.

corgiman
09-Nov-07, 19:22
Prunes but don't leave the house :lol:

ett23
09-Nov-07, 20:24
This definately works -

Special K with low fat milk for breakfast & Lunch - drink water in between if you feel hungry. Normal dinner but cut out fats (eg: butter), sugar and carbs (eg:bread & pasta).

This along with a decent work out of about an hour a day certainly will do the trick and fast. Swimming is fantastic for firming up those tummy muscles and burning off the calories.

Good luck.

Have to agree with you there Moby - I've been on the special K diet myself for 2 weeks and lost 6lbs!!! And that's after dieting for 3 months and only losing 8lbs in total - now I've lost a stone!!!
But you can adapt the diet to suit - vary the breakfast cereal you have for brekkie & lunch and even just have a bowl of soup or a small salad for lunch instead if you need a change. And don't give in to temptation to eat in between meals.
The first week is hard cos it takes a while for your stomach to get used to it but I found the second week much easier - no hunger pangs at all! And now I'm staying on it till I'm down to a size 10 again. It feels great to find a healthy eating plan that really works, and this one is perfect for me!!! Hope you manage to lose that half stone!!!:)

huh
09-Nov-07, 20:29
Don't do gimmick diets and don't starve yourself. Reduce your calorie intake by around 500 calories and do some more cardiovascular exercise. Remember to be patient too, there is no such thing as being able to lose half a stone in a week and keep it off.

sharon
09-Nov-07, 22:11
the best diet i found was a broken jaw!! I lost just over 1 1/2 stones.......... wouldn't recommend it, bit painfull!!! [lol]

highlandlassie
09-Nov-07, 23:11
Last year we were going on holiday and i went on the soup diet which people take if they are overweight and going for operations. It really does work as i lost nearly 10lb in 2 weeks. The more soup you eat the more weight you lose.

psyberyeti
09-Nov-07, 23:16
I managed to loose 10 kg in 6 months.

I cut out most dairy products and made sure that I went to bed feeling hungry.:(

It worked for me.:cool:

*Martin*
10-Nov-07, 00:17
http://www.trophic.net/herbal_laxative.gif

I don't really have a useful answer as I'm a bit of a pie! [lol]

brandy
10-Nov-07, 01:02
i went from 16st 8lbs to 14 st. in just under a year.. and all i did was stop eating junk food and drinking soda.

mccaugm
10-Nov-07, 01:36
Porridge with fresh fruit for breakfast...a recomendation when I went to weightwatchers after my third child....

Also make a "free soup".

1/4 pint stock
Tin tomatoes
Carrotts
Onions

Boil for 15 mins....yummmy

I lost 21lbs in about 2 or 3 months...