PDA

View Full Version : Yuletide Fruit Cake Recipe (Tongue in cheek)

Aquarian Girl
08-Nov-07, 15:44
Thought you may like to see my recipe. Think it would be good to try on a day like toady!! Suggest you read whole thing before assembling ingredients. :D

Ingredients

1 cup water 1 cup sugar 4 large eggs
1 bottle whisky 2 cups dried fruit 1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda 1 tsp baking soda 1 cup brown sugar
8 ozs nuts Juice of 1 lemon
Method

Sample the whisky to check for quality
Take a large bowl. Check the whisky again. To be sure it is of the highest quality, pour one level cup and drink.
Repeat
Turn on the electric mixer. Beat one cup of butter in a large fluffy bowl. Add 1 tsp sugar and beat again.
Make sure the whisky is still ok. Cry another tup. Turn off the mixerer. Break 2 eggs and add to the bowl and chuck in the dried fruit. Mix on the turner.
If the fried druit gets stuck in the beaterers, pry it loose with a drewscriver.
Sample the whisky to check for tonsisticity. Next, sift two cups of salt. Or something. Who cares??
Check the whisky.
Now sift the lemon juice and strain your nuts.
Add one table. Spoon. Of sugar or something. Whatever you can find. Grease the oven. Turn the cake tin to 350 degrees.
Don't forget to beat off the turnerer. Throw the bowl out of the window. Check the whisky again and go to bed

floyed
13-Nov-07, 08:10
hahaha very good:D

wifie
13-Nov-07, 12:09
Just loved that! I think I will stick to a more normal recipe when I try to make one this year - boring but maybe safer than straining the nuts and picking fruit out with my drewscriver! Thanks Aquarian Girl for a good laugh!

alanatkie
16-Nov-07, 10:38
Ty Aquarian Girl - my kind of recipe - don't like whisky could i used Brandy instead :lol:

Housewifie
25-Nov-07, 12:35
Ty Aquarian Girl - my kind of recipe - don't like whisky could i used Brandy instead :lol:
I will second that.

Thumper
25-Nov-07, 13:23
I can highly recommend this recipe!Its so good I have tried it out 4 times ;) x