PDA

View Full Version : Portrait painting from Photograph

toby11
07-Nov-07, 01:28
Can anyone recommend a local person who can paint a portrait of a pet from a photograph

changilass
07-Nov-07, 01:40
Lauraspetportraites does great drawings she is a member on her, just send her a pm, very friendly

donnasmithy27
07-Nov-07, 01:43
i have seen a few paintings done by Richard Arrowsmith which were perfect i now have one myself up on my wall. i have seen a pencil drawing he has done of his kids and it was like looking at them ,
i will look out his address tomorrow if you want.
donna

henry20
07-Nov-07, 09:41
i have seen a few paintings done by Richard Arrowsmith which were perfect i now have one myself up on my wall. i have seen a pencil drawing he has done of his kids and it was like looking at them ,
donna

Richard is definitely a great artist - I went to school with him and his artwork was brilliant then.

Bakerbhoy
07-Nov-07, 14:38
I can highly recommend Barbara, she works in We Frame It (one beside Bews in Thurso). She has done a portrait of my horse from photos I gave her and it is fantastic. A few friends have also had their horses and dogs done and all are just fab. A true likeness of the animal and she is very reasonable too. Just pop into the shop and speak to her she is very nice.

toby11
07-Nov-07, 23:52
donna

Thanks, I would appreciate the contact details. What sort of price are the painting and how long do they usually take.

samantha333
08-Nov-07, 00:56
Hi.
I'm Richard Arrowsmiths partner and you can see the pet portraits he's done on his website www.CaithnessArt.com (http://www.CaithnessArt.com). If you're interested then just give him a shout.
Samantha:D

kas
21-Nov-07, 21:46
I would highly recommend Richard as well. My parents had him copy a photograph of our late family dog, at a distance you think it is a photo. I also have 2 of his paintings. All of which are superb.:):)

mostlyharmless
30-Nov-07, 12:13
I know Rebecca Winkle does portraits of horses and cats and dogs etc as well as illustrating books and making soaps and hand balms. www.croftlotionsandpotions.com