PDA

View Full Version : If this is not a reason to ban Fireworks I dont know what is

golach
06-Nov-07, 15:52
This link, is just the headlines for one city, multiply that by the number of "mothers little darlings" who are doing this to those who are weaker than them, and I would say you DO have a very good case for banning these explosives for good. And the number is incedents recorded in Edinburgh were up on last years, so it is a growing concern.
http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/index.cfm?id=1765252007

Anne x
06-Nov-07, 15:58
that is just shocking !!! the poor woman has been through enough lately and the elderly neighbours must of been terrified
It appears to be happening all over throwing Bangers etc but thank goodness not on that scale
Ax

jings00
06-Nov-07, 16:14
it is sickening. fireworks should be banned unless it is an organised event.

j4bberw0ck
06-Nov-07, 16:15
Is it not a better justification for the return of the birch and getting police out on the beat instead of sitting out shifts in the copshop, filling paperwork?

I saw an article recently, by the way, which said that at least one police force is hiring back retired coppers on contracts to fill paperwork, to release others back to the beat.

Admirable in one way, completely bonkers in another - they retire at 50 on full and generous benefits and it's the norm for them then to go on into other paid work. Surely the answer is to require them to work to 65 like the rest of us, but at 50 they come off the beat and fill paperwork? Senior plods could choose between an easier life filling paper or carrying on up the greasy pole.....

Camel Spider
06-Nov-07, 16:28
I hope the little chav gits get a solid hiding in the future.

As for the Police, well the minute it was termed a Service instead of a Force by our completly inept and PC (no pun intended) Goverment it was a slippery slope. I have an ex forces colleague who is a policeman and he loves his job but unfortunately he spends most of his time doing paperwork instead. He despairs at how many rights the suspect has compared to the victim, its his favourite rant.

So much for .. "Tough on Crime, Tough on the causes of Crime"

Kenn
06-Nov-07, 20:21
Whilst I admit to enjoying a good firework display the general sale of them should certainly be restricted.
Nothing so nasty down here but we did have a very serious incident when a group of youths threw lighted ones onto an articulated lorry that was carrying empty pallets.
Result, one burnt out lorry,main A 27 closed for three hours and four fire crews deployed to deal with the incident.
The mindset of these idiots leaves me speechless.

xx_chickie
06-Nov-07, 20:38
That case is so frightening. Irresponsible youths all over the country have access to fireworks from 18+ year old friends, family and thefts. Something needs to be done about it! :(

I support your idea of a ban, golach!

it is sickening. fireworks should be banned unless it is an organised event. I agree, jings00!

Riffman
06-Nov-07, 23:35
So where were the police then? I'm sure if someone had been waving a bb gun around they would have been there within 2 minutes.... :mad:

Anne x
07-Nov-07, 00:40
Our local Police Grampian have a sign in the Local Coop no sale of Eggs to under 18s that be why!!! they are throwing them at windows !!!
no word of the Bangers been thrown though at cars and in gardens Ban the Lot I say