PDA

View Full Version : Guess what ...

Tugmistress
05-Nov-07, 21:07
Don't try and hang any washing out on thursday, it'll end up in aviemore or some such place :lol:
on a serious note though, it's going to be quite violent on thursday with the wind (probably gusting up to about 80mph) from what i can see and i have been watching it for four days now. if you are exposed to winds from the NW or N directon then you really need to be thinking about battening down the hatches.
If anyone is interested i am doing a daily check on it from yesterday on my own site and just put in todays chart.

canuck
05-Nov-07, 21:13
Oh, Tugs, will it blow away all these fire crackers?

Thanks for the warning though. You are a gem. How far south does your forecast go?

Tugmistress
05-Nov-07, 21:19
Hiya Canuck,
you'll get a bit of a blow in Edinburger too ;) If i remember rightly Edinburgh is in a dip? if so it wont be too bad unless exposed to the North wind :) maybe gusting 50mph ish

mums angels
05-Nov-07, 21:20
thanks for the warning tugs ...my loft hatch has been flapping a bit tonight too:( so not looking forward to thursday

cuddlepop
05-Nov-07, 21:28
Caught a quick look at the forecaster's map and it looked like you guys were going to get a hammering with the wind.
Over here in the north west was to be windy but not as bad.
Have you got the same forecast?:)

golach
05-Nov-07, 21:29
Hiya Canuck,
you'll get a bit of a blow in Edinburger too ;) If i remember rightly Edinburgh is in a dip? if so it wont be too bad unless exposed to the North wind :) maybe gusting 50mph ish
Tuggs? Edi in a dip? We are on the southern side of the Forth Valley which runs from West to East, so we will catch them also, the Forth Valley acts like a wind tunnel

canuck
05-Nov-07, 21:31
Forget the laundry. We could redistribute some of our less than favourite people with winds like that.

karia
05-Nov-07, 21:35
There's a thought,

Hold onto your hats!;)

Karia

Tugmistress
05-Nov-07, 21:39
Tuggs? Edi in a dip? We are on the southern side of the Forth Valley which runs from West to East, so we will catch them also, the Forth Valley acts like a wind tunnel

hehe sorry golach, only been to Edinburgh a couple of times, was trying to remember sitting on Arthurs seat and what i could see at age 8!

karia
05-Nov-07, 21:46
hehe sorry golach, only been to Edinburgh a couple of times, was trying to remember sitting on Arthurs seat and what i could see at age 8!

Got caught 'happ'd in mist on Arthurs seat aged about 10 and climbed down carefully!..Amazing!

karia

psyberyeti
05-Nov-07, 22:06
we're loosing tiles off the roof already. :~(

I'm not looking forward to Thursday - I've been warning people about it at work today.:(

grandma
06-Nov-07, 11:53
Thanks for warning but to be honest you've got to expect wind in Caithness all year round!! We're famous for it (and not just the 'hot air' variety:lol:). A real danger could be trampolines !!!! If not tied down securely (by top frame and not just legs as they just slip out) then they can travel a fair distance. My brother's one crossed a main road and went halfway up a hill. Could have been a disaster.

Tugmistress
06-Nov-07, 14:56
Yes Grandma, i do expect wind in caithness all year round, and so does everyone else, but this is going to be nasty, not your normal breeze like last night and this afternoon. this is going to be a case of 'if you have loose tiles, then expect them to fly off' type wind, trees down if they are old/broken/partially uprooted anyway, wheelie bin races down the street into oncoming traffic, you get the idea ;)

corgiman
06-Nov-07, 15:22
cheers for the warning tuggs, insurance is up to date :lol:

angela5
06-Nov-07, 15:24
Aye, thanks for the warning, better no hang the smalls out!:D

cuddlepop
06-Nov-07, 15:28
Our washing is flying off the line already :eek:

angela5
06-Nov-07, 15:31
Our washing is flying off the line already :eek:

And your sitting on caithness.org just watching it go by your window!:lol:

cuddlepop
06-Nov-07, 15:34
And your sitting on caithness.org just watching it go by your window!:lol:
Other half off just now so he was eager to get the washing in.....
thinks I dont no that way he can have a sly puff of his fag:lol:

corgiman
06-Nov-07, 15:36
well at least he is being useful while he does it :lol: smalls go on radiators not on line :eek:

angela5
06-Nov-07, 15:41
smalls go on radiators not on line :eek:

Hmmm! Must be embarrassing for your guests having your wifes smalls all over the radiators! ;)

corgiman
06-Nov-07, 15:42
Better than the whole street knowing what they look like :lol:

angela5
06-Nov-07, 15:46
Better than the whole street knowing what they look like :lol:

You sound very sure!:lol:

No-one over looks me, my garden is very private. My smalls can flap about in the wind quite comfortably!

corgiman
06-Nov-07, 15:51
nah not so private here and the wife is funny about these things :lol:

Oddquine
06-Nov-07, 21:07
Must admit my smalls go into the airing cupboard with the boiler on them things you hook over radiators.

Knew there was some reason for slatted shelving.

Tugmistress
06-Nov-07, 22:07
I cheat, I hang the smalls from the curtain rails overnight lol

anyway... I have updated the charts etc on my site and i still reckon 80mph gusts on Thursday, if not more!
http://www.tugmistress.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=21&Itemid=46

kas
06-Nov-07, 22:16
What time is the worst to hit. 1800 hours?

I see there will be a storm surge as well, not great for the pups.

Tugmistress
06-Nov-07, 22:34
Hiya Kas,
the worst time will be midday to tea time after that it will ease off :)
the pups are going to get a battering but if they are where you photographed them they will be reasonably protected from this :)

Rainmaker2
06-Nov-07, 23:00
Well done Paula for another good forecast. The Early Warning issued by the Met Office reads:
The Met Office is forecasting a period of very windy weather over northeastern parts of the United Kingdom during Thursday and Friday. The strongest winds are expected during Thursday, with northern and eastern Scotland most at risk. Severe north to northwesterly gales with peak gusts of 70-80 mph are expected, bringing a risk of disruption to transport and power supplies. Some damage to buildings may also occur. Disruption will be exacerbated by heavy showers which will turn to snow at times, especially over higher routes. This warning will be updated by 1100 Wednesday 7th November 2007.
Issued at: 1019 Tue 6 Nov

Take care all.

Liz
06-Nov-07, 23:22
We have strong gales tonight!:eek:

Not only that but a loud rattling noise which I can't find the source of!!!
Plenty of cotton wool in the ears is needed at bedtime!:(

mums angels
06-Nov-07, 23:31
the house is getting a fair battering tonight and a neighbour has already lost a few edge tiles , really not looking forward to thursday if its going to be a lot worse than this . think i will be looking at alot of tiles off again :(

corgiman
06-Nov-07, 23:52
roof starting to creak here wife will be sleeping with her earplugs in tonight :lol:

Liz
06-Nov-07, 23:59
Does anyone get loud rattling noises when it is windy?

Can't find out where it is coming from and it's doing my head in!:eek:

SandTiger
07-Nov-07, 00:01

Could it be your tiles lifting with the wind?

angela5
07-Nov-07, 00:08

Is some one at the door?;)

Liz
07-Nov-07, 00:14
hanks
Could it be your tiles lifting with the wind?

Thankfully not! All tiles are intact (well so far!:confused) This has been going on for some time and just can't find out what is causing it.

Is some one at the door?;)

Just the wind!!!!lol

kas
07-Nov-07, 00:39

We have a loose tile that rattles but it still looks intact. In fact we still dont know for sure which one it is. So it could be that.

Mister Squiggle
07-Nov-07, 09:46
We have a massive argument raging in Chez Squiggle - the better half thinks the rattle is coming from the chimney, as our chimney pot is cracked and needs replacing (so wind is getting down and rattling the flue), whereas I insist it is the Sky dish banging (it's definitely metalic sounding and is coming from the front wall). We don't have Sky so I'm off up a ladder today to take the horrible thing down and prove my point. Anything to avoid spending half the night pressing ears against chimney, then wall, then chimney again ... it's a pathetic sight to see two adults bickering at 4 in the morning. :eek:

Tugmistress
07-Nov-07, 09:51
Mr Squiggle,
you'll have a brief respite from the wind this afternoon/evening so i would advise going up the ladder then.

My tiles do a mexican wave when the wind is in the right direction for it, but nothing can be seen ie slipped tiles or missing ones or broken ones, it's quite funny sat in the living room and the roof starts doing a jig lol. another sound i get is when the wind tries pushing in my window frames but that is more of a creaking noise lol.

mums angels
07-Nov-07, 12:33
well there was rattling here most of last night and it was just the tiles lifting but thankfuuly they are still all intact :) dunno for how long though :eek:

its the creaking i don't like !!!

cuddlepop
07-Nov-07, 13:19
well there was rattling here most of last night and it was just the tiles lifting but thankfuuly they are still all intact :) dunno for how long though :eek:

its the creaking i don't like !!!

We live in a wooden house and its creaky at the best of times never mind when a gale is blowing.
The terrible gales of the January, when the family lost their life's in Outer Isles, you could actually feel the house move.

Its a lovely day over here,I guess its the calm before the storm

Angela
07-Nov-07, 13:28
Very windy here last night, but suspiciously calm here now.

We're being lulled into a false sense of security I think....

Tuggs, I couldn't help laughing - Edinburgh is a very windy city!

Some days you just have to turn a corner into the wind, and you feel as if the side of your face has been sliced off! :eek: :roll:

Liz
07-Nov-07, 14:16
We have a loose tile that rattles but it still looks intact. In fact we still dont know for sure which one it is. So it could be that.

What sort of noise does it make Kas? Our noise is really hard to describe but it sounds more like the noise you get when a wooden gate bangs if that makes sense?

We have a massive argument raging in Chez Squiggle - the better half thinks the rattle is coming from the chimney, as our chimney pot is cracked and needs replacing (so wind is getting down and rattling the flue), whereas I insist it is the Sky dish banging (it's definitely metalic sounding and is coming from the front wall). We don't have Sky so I'm off up a ladder today to take the horrible thing down and prove my point. Anything to avoid spending half the night pressing ears against chimney, then wall, then chimney again ... it's a pathetic sight to see two adults bickering at 4 in the morning. :eek:

Glad it's not just us then!!!lol

It is so annoying not knowing what it is! Like you, our ears are up against the wall, chimney etc but the problem is the noise seems to go along the whole of the wall and sounds like it is inside the wall!!!

Hope taking the Sky dish down works for you!

Don't have a clue what to about ours.:confused

kas
07-Nov-07, 18:27
What sort of noise does it make Kas? Our noise is really hard to describe but it sounds more like the noise you get when a wooden gate bangs if that makes sense?

Yes it does sound a bit like that.

All the Orkney schools are closed tomorrow due to the forecast.

corgiman
07-Nov-07, 18:32
so is orkneys forecast worse than ours for tomorrow?

Liz
07-Nov-07, 19:02
Yes it does sound a bit like that.

All the Orkney schools are closed tomorrow due to the forecast.

Thanks Kas! Maybe that's what it is then as some of our tiles are 'out of place' but still on the roof thankfully!
Wonder who I can get to come and look at it without charging too much?:roll:

Mr P Cannop
07-Nov-07, 20:12
any caithness schools closed tomorrow ??

gollach
07-Nov-07, 20:29
any caithness schools closed tomorrow ??

I think it's too early to say.

Thurso High pupils were given leaflets today with information about what people should do in bad weather.

corgiman
07-Nov-07, 20:52
Is this the calm before the storm, it is suspiciously calm out there :eek:

Ash
07-Nov-07, 20:53
Is this the calm before the storm, it is suspiciously calm out there :eek:

was thinking the same

quirbal
07-Nov-07, 21:20
Has anyone else seen the weather forecast for tomorrow? It doesn't look good!:eek:

Tugmistress
07-Nov-07, 21:39
was thinking the same

Yes!
this is the calm before the storm. The Hamnavoe has cancelled all sailing tomorrow due to the forecast and I am sooo glad i don't have to go to the point of the pier, though it wont stop me taking a look from the comfort of my car lol.
The storm should start making itself known regarding high winds from about 6am maybe a wee bit earlier or later, but we will be over the worst of it in the early hours of friday morning :)
Don't be surprised if we get a mix of hail and thunder in it, it is very much dependant on how quickly the cold air is dragged in behind the centre of the low, but there is a possibility of it and it's going to feel VERY cold in the afternoon!

canuck
07-Nov-07, 21:45
Tugs, thanks for all of your careful plotting of this storm. I decided that all the leaves would be down from the trees by tomorrow evening, so this afternoon, while all was still reasonable out there, I finally cleaned the scum from the little pond in my back yard and got it better ready to take on the winter. Ricco, your instructions worked to a T.

quirbal
07-Nov-07, 22:07
Latest update is that it is still surprisingly calm.............................................. .........................................
.................................................. ...............................................
FOR NOW!!!!!!!!:eek:

Tugmistress
07-Nov-07, 22:26
Latest update is that it is still surprisingly calm.............................................. .........................................
.................................................. ...............................................
FOR NOW!!!!!!!!:eek:

where are you quirbal? it is calm for now ;)

quirbal
07-Nov-07, 22:32
where are you quirbal? it is calm for now ;)

Just outside Wick. Although I'm seeing a bit of wind now but still relatively calm.

Tugmistress
07-Nov-07, 22:40
the barometer has started to drop now, so expect the wind to start picking up from now, but i don't think it will be drastic until early tomorrow morning :)

Liz
07-Nov-07, 23:19
Thanks as always for the warning Tugs.

Just hope the electric holds out so I can keep filling the hot water bottles!
I am really cold tonight so goodness knows what tomorrow will be like!

Moira
07-Nov-07, 23:37
Cheers once again Tuggs. Hubby is working in Scrabster tomorrow and is not looking forward to it one bit. I'll zip him into his survival suit before he leaves the house - throw him a rope if you see him hurtling past. :D

Wish
08-Nov-07, 00:23
Wind is picking up now on Skye, hope everyone stays safe and not too much damage is caused.

I better get out first thing to get some candles, just in case:confused

bekisman
08-Nov-07, 00:28
This one gives an idea of what's coming tomorrow:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/coast/pressure/ (http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/coast/pressure/)

grumpyhippo
08-Nov-07, 00:30
Yes!
this is the calm before the storm..... and it's going to feel VERY cold in the afternoon!

Do you offer a cuddle service tuggy?:lol::lol:

mums angels
08-Nov-07, 00:37
just been out to lock up the car and it still seems quite calm out there but i turned of the alarm anyway as the wind set it off three times last night before i got up at 3 am to turn it off :(

hoping to enjoy a peaceful nights sleep before it starts again

out of interest what sort of damage is usually caused with 80mph winds? i have had damage to the house already this year but think that was 100mph so hoping this won't be as bad :eek:

JAWS
08-Nov-07, 07:26
It's a bit breezy out there at the moment and it's not really got started yet by all accounts.

henry20
08-Nov-07, 09:30
Wheelie bins everywhere this morning - dangerously close to cars aswell. When I looked out of kitchen window this morning, a wheelie bin was on its side about 20' from my mums car (which she didn't realise I'd borrowed) and when I went out 5 minutes later, it was only 1' away!! :eek:

Off I go, round the corner, and there's another wheelie bin heading for a car.

I was going to put mine back into garden even though its sheltered where we've left it - just hope the bin men put it back there!?

bekisman
08-Nov-07, 09:34
Does anyone know the name / website of the British bloke who forecasts the weather by the sun's activity?

corgiman
08-Nov-07, 09:37
next doors washing and LINE just landed in my garden :lol:

lazytown
08-Nov-07, 09:45
next doors washing and LINE just landed in my garden :lol:

who on earth put out washing knowing that bad weather is forecasted.:lol:

Mister Squiggle
08-Nov-07, 09:45
I hope they're not expecting you to iron and fold it as well Corgiman :D
Seriously though, hope everyone is OK - as an update to the mystery noise, the happy compromise suggests it's the downpipe rattling.

richman
08-Nov-07, 10:21
Does anyone know the name / website of the British bloke who forecasts the weather by the sun's activity?jabber wock . oh no , that 's golbal warming lol .

nice day , all sunny doon here .

sorry . :) hope ye 's are all ok .

sweetpea
08-Nov-07, 10:26
Tiles off the roof flying past me here:eek:

Wish
08-Nov-07, 10:32
I think its started on Skye now too, just got in from the school run, its very windy and was hailing heavily, its really cold too.

mums angels
08-Nov-07, 10:41
well i've been in a right state this morn the kids swing set looked like it was going to take off so went out and cut the canopy off so hoping that will help but wooried ot might take off and cause damage:( but as soon as i got out there i was blown on my bum . house feels like and sounds like its falling to bits , tiles are coming off . so sitting here with the kids which i kept of school as it is too wild out them to put the kids out - if i can get blown down they can too.

Miller has said its up to parents today if they send them or not and it won't be marked as absent .

what time is this supposed to get better ? i personally would like to get out of the house go somewhere less noisy and come back to deal with whatever damage is caused, i hate sitting here listening to it, but too worried about going anywhere in the car as its a high car and gets blown about at best of times and don't want to chance kids getting blown over.

no doubt i'm just behaving like a hysterical woman :lol:

Wish
08-Nov-07, 10:44
You will be fine mums angels, put the radio on louder and busy yourself with something, always find that helps. It certainly sounds much much worse up there than it is here (at the moment anyway) forecast says winds should die down in the afternoon.

How about doing some baking and decorating biscuits with the kids, take all your minds off the weather.

NickInTheNorth
08-Nov-07, 10:45
what time is this supposed to get better ? i personally would like to get out of the house go somewhere less noisy and come back to deal with whatever damage is caused, i hate sitting here listening to it, but too worried about going anywhere in the car as its a high car and gets blown about at best of times and don't want to chance kids getting blown over.

no doubt i'm just behaving like a hysterical woman :lol:

It's supposed to get worse before it gets better!

Peak winds are forecast for around 3.00pm, decreasing through the late afternoon / evening.

Safest place is in the house, trun the telly up and ignore any funny noises for now.

*****update*******

forecast now suggesting highest winds around noon. So not too long until it eases slightly

Ash
08-Nov-07, 11:45
my tv and sky is off!

candyfloss
08-Nov-07, 11:52
We've lost the roof off our shed :eek: i hope the rest of it stays put until my other half gets home from work :eek:

richman
08-Nov-07, 11:54
no doubt i'm just behaving like a hysterical woman :lol:their auditioning for desperate house wives in Week . :D

joking aside , invite a friend round for a coffee and chin wag , it 'll be gone afore ye know .

Saveman
08-Nov-07, 11:58
Are the buses running today?

My trees are bending a lot!

RIR
08-Nov-07, 12:04
Does anyone know the name / website of the British bloke who forecasts the weather by the sun's activity?

Piers Corbyn
http://www.weatheraction.com/ (http://forum.caithness.org/go.php?url=http://www.weatheraction.com/)

Cheers

Ian.

xx_chickie
08-Nov-07, 12:08
All I can say is well done, Tugmistress!! Very acurate indeed! Hehe.

mums angels
08-Nov-07, 12:09
thanks all for reassurance , i'm feeling a little less stressed now as i had a roofer out to have a look and even though he can't do anything today it makes me feel better to know that he will come back when weather is better .

really awful out there Lidl sign has blown in , esso station seems to be shut down whilst they've had people in fixing the roof sheets falling off it by the looks of it . I hear dunnets garage is having similar problem. my street alone is a disaster few houses lost the plastc covers on side of roof, i've lost tiles and one neighbour has lost most of her ridge tiles that have landed on her driveway , lucky the car wasn't there. My electric and sky however are fine i'm glad to say

I can see i'm going to have problem with this roof everytime the wind picks up , thats twice this year :(

hope everyone else is fine .

Bobinovich
08-Nov-07, 12:13

Aye don't you just hate her LOL! Only joking Tugs - I'd prefer the warning than it just happen unannounced.

I've managed to reschedule my appointments today - no way I'm venturing out...

richman
08-Nov-07, 12:16
anyone have an photies or is it too windy to stand still ?

mums angels
08-Nov-07, 12:41
yeah figured that one out , thanks though:lol:have deleted it . will see if i can get some on later .

Moby
08-Nov-07, 13:02

Huge thanks to Tuggs from this house it has to be said. Thanks to her warning we managed to dismantle trampoline and swing set yesterday, tied back all "wobbly" trees, propped up fencing and secured sheds. Mr M was less than impressed and thought I was over-reacting a wee bit - his tune has certainly changed today though.

On a positive note all the leaves that I hadn't yet had time to rake up in the garden have gone!! (huge appologies to the poor neighbour whose garden they have landed in).

The water in the toilet is as choppy as the Pentland Firth.............why is that??

richman
08-Nov-07, 13:12
yeah figured that one out , thanks though:lol:have deleted it . will see if i can get some on later .thanks . i 'd love to see it .

someone deleted my post , thanks ! i couldna figure oot how til do it .

Welcomefamily
08-Nov-07, 13:17
I went down by river exit at 8.00, (well back) but breakers hit the sea wall was spectacular, no phone on me so no pictures, but much winder now, shed roof gone after one of the window support broke at a knot sending the glass every where and then off went half the roof so we tied the other bits down, and a number of houses around have lost a few tiles.

mums angels
08-Nov-07, 13:19
I went down by river exit at 8.00, (well back) but breakers hit the sea wall was spectacular, no phone on me so no pictures, but much winder now, shed roof gone after one of the window support broke at a knot sending the glass every where and then off went half the roof so we tied the other bits down, and a number of houses around have lost a few tiles.

havn't braved going out to look at my shed yet but its so windy up castlegreen way i wouldn't be surprsied if somethings happened to it ..bit worried about what would happend to contents of shed though ...got all the kids toys in :(

richman
08-Nov-07, 13:20
The water in the toilet is as choppy as the Pentland Firth.............why is that??yer toilet window 's wide open !

no really . ;)

there 's a wee bittie water in the u bend of yer toilet , it's no windy on the side ye see , but the other side will feel the wind comin doon the pipe that ventilates it , it goes outside yer hoose and up the wall to fresh air up by yer roof . i canna mind the name of that pipe , any plumbers on here ?

bekisman
08-Nov-07, 13:23
The water in the toilet is as choppy as the Pentland Firth.............why is that??

Basically air-pressure over the top of the soil stack, in really high winds we put a gallon or so of water into a thick 'bin' bag, tie the top with about a cubic foot of air in it and put it in the loo (tying a bit of string to the top, and to something that won't move - this stops the 'seal' of water going and keeps septic tank/sewer smells out of the house..

Moby
08-Nov-07, 13:27
I am now very grateful for my choppy toilet water!!!! :lol:

JAWS
08-Nov-07, 13:28
Just checked the Inshore Waters Forcast. I wish I hadn't, gusts of 80 MPH expected. My advice, do not even consider using an umbrella! [lol]

angela5
08-Nov-07, 13:29
Hailstones are battering my window!

corgiman
08-Nov-07, 13:45
has tuggs weather station stopped updating?

Liz
08-Nov-07, 13:56
Oh I hate this!!!!!:(

So glad that the electricity and TV are still on though or it would be a lot, lot worse!

I feel so sorry for the poor birdies coming into the garden for food as some of them can't fly into the tree where the feeders are. I've been out twice repositiong them and nearly ended up in the tree masel!!!!

Moby it sounds like you will have a cold botty today!!!!

mums angels I'm a bit like you as here on my own and every rattle and bang makes me nervous!
Oh no! There's the hailstones now!!!!:lol:

Let's hope the worst will be over soon.

Stay warm and safe everyone!

Let's hope the worst will be over soon.

Tugmistress
08-Nov-07, 16:19
has tuggs weather station stopped updating?

sorry had a power cut here and not long got back in from a BDMLR rescue on Thurso beach so computer just turned back on.
I also came back to find the windy thing had pulled out the anchor screws on the post and was hanging, so i know we had gusts of over 80mph, hopefully my temporary repair will hold up until tomorrow when i can fix it properly.

Glad my warning has given a few of you less damage with trampolines out etc :) that's the whole intention :)

wifie
08-Nov-07, 17:11
Well done as usual to Tugmistress and her early warning system! It sounds horrendous up north - hope you all get through it without too much damage, etc. It is fairly breezy here in Perthshire and man is it cold just now!

Anne x
08-Nov-07, 17:31
yes thanks Tuggs not as bad here as in Caithness but bad enough back garden a mess have lost some garden tubs

keep safe and warm

Ax

mr do dar
08-Nov-07, 18:12
thanks for the fore warning tuggs . but whats this horrible weather calming down . and do we have more to come .

Tugmistress
08-Nov-07, 18:24
thanks for the fore warning tuggs . but whats this horrible weather calming down . and do we have more to come .

We're on the calm down now, albeit slowly at the moment. I can't see anything else drastic at the moment so you can get some repairs done at your leisure for a while :)

Debz89
08-Nov-07, 18:29
oh no thats the lights beginning to flicker with me. hope the power doesnt go off.

changilass
08-Nov-07, 18:34
yup lights and tv off for a second or so here in Castletown, hope the lights stay on at least till the bairn goes to bed, other than bedtime he hates it when its dark

lynne duncan
08-Nov-07, 19:39
i wish the wind to either die down or give one almighty gust and take the neighbours garage door off, that might sound drastic but the doors haven't shut properly for ages and the only thing keeping them shut is a big stone which ain't doing a good job and what a racket they are making, this has been happening for the last 2 years now each time we get a hooly of wind, thankfully this time their trampoline flipped over and stayed in their own garden, ach well maybe the wind won't last much longer.

mums angels
08-Nov-07, 20:35
is it just me or is this getiing worse again :(

Ash
08-Nov-07, 20:41
feels like it mums angel:eek:

angela5
08-Nov-07, 20:45
It's calmed down a lot in Wick.

Rheghead
08-Nov-07, 21:03
3 metre tidal surge warnings have been mentioned in the Commons.:eek:

SandTiger
08-Nov-07, 21:16
3 metre tidal surge warnings have been mentioned in the Commons.:eek:

Would that be pushing up the Thames Barrier?

NickInTheNorth
08-Nov-07, 21:18
"possibility of over topping flood defences"

and as Gordon Brown has chaired a meeting of COBRA they are quite worried about the whole situation. Perhaps a 1957 type event...

SandTiger
08-Nov-07, 21:27
Ha! And they only had to worry about Guy Fawkes, till now :roll:

lynne duncan
08-Nov-07, 21:32
hopefully the storm surge will ease or east anglia looks like they could be getting it bad,
maybe a repeat of 1953, hopefully not.

Rheghead
08-Nov-07, 23:02
Would that be pushing up the Thames Barrier?

I don't know. I dunno if the Thames barrier could stop such a surge.

Anne x
09-Nov-07, 00:19
That be global warming then !!!!