PDA

View Full Version : The Queen is Glamorous ( Official )

trinkie
05-Nov-07, 13:56
This is such good news for me.

Vogue Magazine has announced that the Queen - and some other mature women are glamorous !
Not only in evening dress but also in her County Clothes - the Queen is glamorous.
I've got them all - a silk sequinned evening dress, brogues, Loden Green coat and Liberty headscarf.....so I'm putting myself on the List too.

Dont despair you young ones, it will happen to you eventually.
Get the brogues now and start breaking them in.
Get used to wearing a headscarf suitably doon over your broo and have confidence ! Let it all hang out .

Yippee - at long last !!
Lads - watch out !!

mccaugm
05-Nov-07, 14:48
It may be official....doesn't make it true. She has most of our money, access to designers and they dress her soooo dowdy.

highlander4
05-Nov-07, 14:56
I think it's all too easy to be glamarous when you have loads of money and people to do your shopping for you. Despite that you still see some of the celebs looking like disasters no matter how much money they have

Julia
05-Nov-07, 15:47
Queenie glamourous! You're havin' a larf!! [lol]

starry
05-Nov-07, 16:01
I met her once, she was wearing a lot, and I mean a lot as in layers, of foundation.

I couldn't really concentrate on what was being said because I keep looking at her face.

I think she is very dignified and has good posture, which makes her look more polished but I would never have described her as glamourous.

scorrie
06-Nov-07, 14:53
Check the avatar and decide. Honey or Honey Monster?

This is the portrait that was famously described on Breakfast TV as making the Queen's face look like a "bag of smashed crabs"

To be fair, The Queen was good looking when she was in her 20's

Big Jean
06-Nov-07, 17:11
To be fair, The Queen was good looking when she was in her 20's

..... but scorrie, weren't we all at that age ?? ....... "and laughing loudly while looking in my mirror" !! I was anyway, although not so much anymore ... pity !!

The word glamour, in the dictionary, means - alluring charm or fascination .

She does that .

The word glamorous, same dictionary, means - Full of glamour; alluring .

First part is correct, but the second part ... I'm not so sure !

helenwyler
06-Nov-07, 18:52
I've got them all - a silk sequinned evening dress, brogues, Loden Green coat and Liberty headscarf.....so I'm putting myself on the List too.

Yippee - at long last !!
Lads - watch out !!

Dear Trinkie!

I'm not a man, so am unaware of the temptations of brogues and a headscarf:eek:!

I'm more in favour of the little black number and a decent haircut, myself;)!

But Trinkie...you've got enough charm and allurement to dazzle without recourse to sartorial enhancement!!!

And I'd much rather spend time with you than HRH!

Helenx

trinkie
06-Nov-07, 19:50
But Trinkie...you've got enough charm and allurement to dazzle without recourse to sartorial enhancement!!!

Me thinks you've got some of that yourself ! hee hee hee

http://forum.caithness.org/images/icons/icon11.gif
I'll get my secretary to check one's diary.

helenwyler
06-Nov-07, 20:07

http://forum.caithness.org/images/icons/icon11.gif
I'll get my secretary to check one's diary.

Very bounteous of you, Oh Glamorous Trinkie!!

I don't know if we're going to Scotland, or my Scots are coming to us yet, but as soon as I know I'll check with your secretary for a chink ('window' would be too much to expect!) of opportunity!

Go Trinkie, go!! (in one's sequined dress;)!)