PDA

View Full Version : Pet Hates

highlander4
05-Nov-07, 12:21
Whats your pet hate?

I have a few that really annoy me and i don't why they do. One is people looking out of my blinds or curtains once they've been shut and not sorting them properly and the other is when people make tea or coffee and don't put the spoon in the sink and just leave it on the worktop [evil]

sweetpea
05-Nov-07, 13:22
Where to start? Girl at work who grabs my paper in the morning and proceeds to read it out aloud, had so many arguments over that! People making Half a cup of tea or tea that burns your lips off, cars parked wherever they feel like it, supermarket checkouts(enough said), men in all shapes and forms(LOL), queue jumpers, bags of revels that are more or less toffee ones, better stop there and think of some things I do like.:lol:

corgiman
05-Nov-07, 13:25
definately queue jumpers, it is such a rude thing to do.

davem
05-Nov-07, 13:27
Gerbils definitely.

changilass
05-Nov-07, 13:36
Clothing labels stuck out at the back of the neck, I have been known to coment or tuck them in for complete strangers, I am getting better now though and try to leave them alone.

corgiman
05-Nov-07, 13:37
I bet you have had some odd looks changi [lol]

Ash
05-Nov-07, 13:40
people who dont take their shoes off when coming into my house, people making a mess when make a cup of tea(dnt understand it) people who dont thank others for gifts or for doing something nice, people who dont pick up there dogs mess[evil]

changilass
05-Nov-07, 13:42
Very strange looks Corgiman, but having said that also made some good friends after chatting with them lol

corgiman
05-Nov-07, 13:49
hmmmmmmmm people who trek dog mess through your house because they didn't take their shoes off grrrrrr Had that done once or twice.

Liz
05-Nov-07, 14:04
People who say 'There is nothing worse than.... Then ending the sentence with something trivial!

Such as 'There is nothing worse than not being able to think of an example!!!:lol:

erli
05-Nov-07, 14:16
Clothes on animals.

Anne x
05-Nov-07, 14:29
wet spoon in the sugar bowl and toast crumbs in the butter

Ash
05-Nov-07, 14:30

my OH hates that about toast crumbs, im bad for that!:roll:

highlander4
05-Nov-07, 14:53

I hate them to. I've got loads of pet hates but can't think of them till i hear someone else saying them

highlander4
05-Nov-07, 15:08
Where to start? Girl at work who grabs my paper in the morning and proceeds to read it out aloud, had so many arguments over that! People making Half a cup of tea or tea that burns your lips off, cars parked wherever they feel like it, supermarket checkouts(enough said), men in all shapes and forms(LOL), queue jumpers, bags of revels that are more or less toffee ones, better stop there and think of some things I do like.:lol:

I hate the people that read my newspaper and make it all messy. I like a neat paper. I now always make sure i read it first and then if someone messes it up i tend to bin it then

grandma
05-Nov-07, 15:12
I really hate people who drop litter. I have actually stopped people in the street about it or I'll pick up litter (if it's reasonably clean and I know what it is) and put it in the bin myself. I could rant for ages about it (and frequently do !!!!)

Julia
05-Nov-07, 15:45
Spelling mistakes and poor grammar irritate me, as do litterbugs and the drawer fairy who doesn't close them behind her.

Oh, and finding an empty milk carton in the fridge and empty packets in the biscuit box!

sassylass
05-Nov-07, 16:18
People who will not leave a voicemail message and phone back repeatedly [evil] grrrrrrrrrrr

starry
05-Nov-07, 16:25
There is not enough internet to list all my pet hates today ;)

emszxr
05-Nov-07, 16:27
biggest one would be my mother in law

the charlatans
05-Nov-07, 16:35
right now my pet hate is the sign for the Police Station just as you come into Castletown from the Dunnet side. Its filthy i feel like going out and cleaning it.

as for mother in laws being here this weekend. no comments or Mr Charlatans will not be happy.

Hibeechick
05-Nov-07, 16:44
I know this is probably a really stupid one, however it REALLY annoys me. People who burp and don't say "pardon me" or "excuse me" afterwards. I don't know why, it just does.

Shabbychic
05-Nov-07, 16:44
One of my pet hates is the current "fashion" of using the past tense of the verbs "sit" and "stand". eg. I am stood here, instead of I am standing here, and I was sat there instead of I was sitting there.

There is also the disappearance of the word "lie". Everybody seems to be laying down rather than lying down nowadays.

Another is "once" and "twice". Suddenly everything is done one time or two times.

In the past these errors were usually made by the poorly educated but nowadays everybody seems to be using them including TV presenters and News Readers.

I know they are only words but for some reason these errors are like nails down a blackboard to me.

Max
05-Nov-07, 16:48
Oh, and finding an empty milk carton in the fridge and empty packets in the biscuit box![/QUOTE]

I'm with you - ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I'm getting mad at the thought of it - everyone puts empty boxes, packets, cartons etc back in cupboards - it's like they don't want to take responsibility for throwing things out or can't walk to the bin.

Thumper
05-Nov-07, 20:06
People who park in disabled spaces when they have no right to!.My magazine being read by one of my kids before I read it,People who walk through a door that you hold open for them and they dont say thank you Grrrrrrr!!! x

connieb19
05-Nov-07, 20:20
Scenes on Tv where people are eating. Adverts where you can hear people crunching make me furious. [disgust] Or people who eat in the cinema. [evil]

connieb19
05-Nov-07, 20:25
Shop assistants who carry on a conversation with someone else while serving you.
Going out for a meal and being given a soup spoon for your pudding.
People who let their dogs or kids climb all over you.
People saying lock instead of loch. :roll:

changilass
05-Nov-07, 20:28
Could be worse Connie, folks could be calling them lakes :lol:

Ash
05-Nov-07, 20:30
take it you dont like kids connieb19?

connieb19
05-Nov-07, 20:36
take it you dont like kids connieb19?Eh,where did I say that? :confused

Ash
05-Nov-07, 20:41
no i just noticed that u had said people letting kids climb all over you

:D

Ash
05-Nov-07, 20:47
currently hating fireworks!

got a 6month old puppy who is to scared go out to toilet and a 3year old trying to sleep! [disgust]

karia
05-Nov-07, 20:48
Eh,where did I say that? :confused

'Thanks, I was looking forward to giving it a try but I think I'll have to give it a miss, nothing more annoying than a load of squawky kids when you're out for a meal. :eek:'

It may be the above quote from the Recommendations thread that did it !

karia

Bananas
05-Nov-07, 20:51
.........People who write 'your' instead of 'you're' and people who break wind in company and think its funny! (that's offended half the nation then)

and people you say that will be £x 'then' why the 'then' why not that will be £x.

cuddlepop
05-Nov-07, 21:18
The usual culprits annoy me,
Toilet seats left up
Toilet roll not changed over when empty
Toothpaste top left off
Empty containers put back
Gates left open

Oh and what really bugs me is people,especially professionals who think they know how best to "handle" your child.
The worst culprits tend to have no kids of their own but rely on the good old text book senario.

Common sense just dont live in their world.[evil]

Julia
05-Nov-07, 21:32
People who let their dogs or kids climb all over you.

Kids that whine, moan, don't say please and thank you and cry for no reason, kids butting into conversations drives me mad as do children who can't understand what 'look but don't touch' means!

I'm on a roll now! [lol]

connieb19
05-Nov-07, 21:38
Kids that whine, moan, don't say please and thank you and cry for no reason, kids butting into conversations drives me mad as do children who can't understand what 'look but don't touch' means!

I'm on a roll now! [lol]How about ones that rub their snottery noses on your curtains or rake in all your cupboards. :eek:

karia
05-Nov-07, 22:09
I hate 'braggarts' !

kariaxx

Julia
05-Nov-07, 22:11
I hate 'braggarts' !

kariaxx

What's a braggart?

Bobinovich
05-Nov-07, 22:18
http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/braggart

"a loud arrogant boaster"

karia
05-Nov-07, 22:29
What's a braggart?

One who brags and is otherwise pompous,..Bobs interpretation is good enough for me!:)

Rest assured..you are not of that ilk Julia!;)

Karia

htwood
05-Nov-07, 22:31
People who phone to say they've sent me an email!

People who say "If I were you...I would do (something). I say, lucky yer not me, then you would have yerself telling you what to do all the time.

And now, as flu season approaches...folks who dont cover their coughs and sneezes. They act like, oh, it snuck up on me...aye right. I'll sneak up on you...with a broad stick.

connieb19
05-Nov-07, 22:33
I hate 'braggarts' !

kariaxx
Wow, at last something we agree on. :D

karia
05-Nov-07, 22:43
People who phone to say they've sent me an email!

People who say "If I were you...I would do (something). I say, lucky yer not me, then you would have yerself telling you what to do all the time.

And now, as flu season approaches...folks who dont cover their coughs and sneezes. They act like, oh, it snuck up on me...aye right. I'll sneak up on you...with a broad stick.

So True!,

My mum is in the last stages of Obstructive Pulminary Disease and yet her 'carers' are only too happy to cough all over her!:eek:

THAT gets me!

She has a 'recently diagnosed' cancer..unrelated..but no-one would put her to any discomfort with that.

She will die OF the OPD and WITH the cancer..however any extra time with this amazing lady will be bought by ensuring that what she breathes is 'friendly' to her....even if it means a mask!

AND No..She didn't smoke!

karia

rockchick
05-Nov-07, 22:48
Maybe this is only in my family, but my pet peeve is(are):

clothes which ALMOST make it to the laundry bin...only to be dumped on the floor in front

Rubbish that ALMOST makes it to the bin...but left on the countertop above

Dishes that ALMOST make it to the dishwasher...but stacked just above.

You get the picture!!!

If you're going to do something 95% of the way there, why not just go all the way and not leave a mess for someone else????

airdlass
05-Nov-07, 22:53

clothes which ALMOST make it to the laundry bin...only to be dumped on the floor in front

You get the picture!!!

If you're going to do something 95% of the way there, why not just go all the way and not leave a mess for someone else????

Snap!

Also house lit up like the Blackpool Illuminations and nobody at home[evil]

scorrie
06-Nov-07, 00:12
people who break wind in company and think its funny!

Quite right!! Farting is only funny when it happens unintentionally. I remember when I was at Uni and a student was jogging back to the halls of residence, just as hundreds were heading in the opposite direction to the first lecture of the day. As he approached, I observed a contorted grimace on his face, which I put down to fatigue but which was actually a sign of a desperate battle against severe quantities of intestinal gas. Two seconds later, that battle was lost as the first "shot" was fired, cracking like a naval cannon. The salvo which followed was a certain indication of the fact that an opened valve cannot be easily closed whilst the body is engaged in the act of running. Every stride brought forth another "cannonball" and anyone who had witnessed the Battle Of Trafalgar would have hit the deck in fear of their life. Hoots of laughter went up all around, as the 21 gun salute continued and even the poor guy himself started cackling away. I spent the first part of the lecture wondering whether "Nelson" had gotten back to his room with his powder still dry.

George Brims
06-Nov-07, 01:17
There's worse than that. There's flakes of tuna (how long has it been there :eek: ?) in the jar of mayonnaise!

ber219
06-Nov-07, 01:52
How about people who buy up the most wanted xmas presents (Nintendo Wii - Transformers etc) just so they can hike up the price and sell them to desperate parents.

They really do make me sick.

HOWEVER....nothing pleases me more than outwitting them and finding plenty of stock of Nintendo Wii's delivered for £183.00!

NLP
06-Nov-07, 23:46
what rattles my cage is,
people in my kitchen when I'm doing stuff in there I can't stand it, kitchen is my space KEEP OUT people

angela5
06-Nov-07, 23:48

You get the picture!!!

Snap! Exactly the same in my house.
Also i hate crumbs left on the worktops.

BRIE
07-Nov-07, 13:34
Pet hates where do i start...
People with no manners, people who are rude.
Overfilling a bin that obviously needs emptying.
Stacking dirty pots in the sink when you just have to take them out again to fill the sink with water.
Kids that answer back when their told off.
sales calls, if i wanted something I would ring them!
people who tell you a day their coming then dont turn up!
Dirty washing that doesnt quite make it to the wash basket.
People who speak & wave one day then completely ignore you the next.
drivers that dont indicate.
young lads that drive like maniacs up the village when my kids are out playing.

I could go on & on &.........:lol:

honey
07-Nov-07, 13:51
people who walk really slowly in front of you (especially here in the city) or cut across you when you are pushing a pram.. i swear, if it wasnt for the fact my son was in that pram, id have no hesitation of banging it of their ankles!!!

BRIE
07-Nov-07, 14:18
i agree with you honey! people seem to walk into your pram on purpose half the time.
another thing that I hate is not being able to get round a shop with my pram![evil]

coastown
07-Nov-07, 15:31
the dreaded clingfilm, i very often have a fight with it gggrrrr.

Sandra_B
07-Nov-07, 16:16
People blowing their nose at the table.

Getting at catalogue delivered from a company that doesn't deliver to the area.

"Heelies"

People pushing to get on a bus or train without letting others get off first.

Long run-on sentences or paragraphs (or the lack of them). I'm not going to bother reading that.

Sports pre-empting the soaps!!!

lady penelope
08-Nov-07, 08:42
[quote=ber219;292897]How about people who buy up the most wanted xmas presents (Nintendo Wii - Transformers etc) just so they can hike up the price and sell them to desperate parents.

They really do make me sick.

I quite agree!

Also, rude people who, when asked a civil question, give a stupid smart **** answer!