PDA

View Full Version : Did you have problems getting started on the Forum?

Niall Fernie
05-Nov-07, 10:18
What I am looking for are all the people who could not get registered and/or logged in and had to ask for help from either friends/family or admins/mods.

If you could post up or PM me with:

what was the problem? (eg. cant login)

What fixed it? (eg. ticked remember me)

What browser/ISP are you using? (eg. BT, Internet Explorer or the dreaded AOL)

The reason I am looking for this information is that I get 2 or 3 e-mails every day from new users having these types of problems and would like to make sure that I am giving out the correct responses to certain sets of circumstances. I usually send out a stock e-mail with a few suggestions but very few people get back in touch to say which suggestion helped them.

canuck
05-Nov-07, 11:38
Way back, when I went to live in Caithness (June 2004), I could not access my account and one of the admin people (I am sure that it was Colin) suggested that the problem was the AOL I was using while I was in Scotland. I have no idea how it was fixed. I know that I had access via some route because I remember the night we tried to set an 'users online' record. I think that there were 20 of us PMing and posting that evening.

danc1ngwitch
05-Nov-07, 17:12
yea i had big problems and gave up then tryed again and was told it was because of AOL, ermmmm nope, i cana recall tho how i got on i know i had help thro email from someone. ty to that some one ;)

mums angels
07-Nov-07, 15:07
I had problems awhile back one day my remember me didn't work anymore so i had to relog in and it wouldn't recognise my password ( i always use the same ones) so i had to change password and was sent a new number one which got me in then went to change to my usual password it accepted then when i looged back in it wouldn't accept it again ...only way i got round it was to click remember me however it no longer remembers me and the pasword now works fine. I had let a mod know at the time and i think he had asked about it .

all fixed now though :D

i use windows xp / internet explorer