PDA

View Full Version : Daft days

bluelady
04-Nov-07, 21:33
following on from the toothpaste fiasco, whats the daftest thing/s you've done?
I remember one time peeling a large pan of spuds and then throwing them in the bin instad of the peelings! and............... I was sober [lol]

Dadie
04-Nov-07, 21:44
the daftest thing you have done or the daftest thing you will admit to??

karia
04-Nov-07, 21:46

Cut us SOME Slack dadie![lol]

kariax

bluelady
04-Nov-07, 21:53

GO ON Dadie, spill the beans and tell us all, I dare you [lol]

karia
04-Nov-07, 22:03
Okay!..Not the daftest but well the best!

Came home in the early hours from a party and kicked off my shoes!

Went out into the garden and danced in the dew..then noticed a wee fox watching me so I sat down and pretended not to be interested and he crept up and sat down beside me...most beautiful!

You cannae buy that and I will remember it all of my life.

Kariaxx

anneoctober
04-Nov-07, 22:08

Went out into the garden and danced in the dew..then noticed a wee fox watching me so I sat down and pretended not to be interested and he crept up and sat down beside me...most beautiful!

Kariaxx
Does this mean that you're officially a "foxy" lady Karia? :lol: x

Camel Spider
04-Nov-07, 22:13
Alright then.

If anyone remembers the Ondigital TV set top boxes from about 7 or 8 years ago then you will get this one.

TV aerial was on top of the house (indoor aerial got no signal at all) so I set up all the cable for routing to the set top box and got my mate to plug all the cables to the TV etc in the living room while I would manipulate the aerial on the roof to pick up the signal. As he selected a channel I would point the aerial in the direction of the nearest transmitter and look for a signal. Having no luck on nearly all the channels after about three hours was really starting to annoy me, there was a bit of throwing tools off the roof and a lot of swearing. I decided it was time for a tea break. As I am finishing my tea and kit-kat I looked behind the TV .. and found my idiot mate had forgotten to plug in the cable from the aerial to the TV.

Plugged the cable in and back onto the roof where a perfect picture was obtained after about 5 minutes.

Best bit though is that my mate worked for BT and claimed when we started that it wouldnt take long as he did this sort of thing for a living.

Wellies
04-Nov-07, 23:23
Say good morning to the sheep and cattle when i see them. Also say Happy Birthday to all the lambs and calves that are born. Oh no I cannot believe i have just told you that:lol:

wifie
04-Nov-07, 23:27
Aaw wellies soooooooooo cute! Haven't done this just one day but quite often. Go onto auto-pilot when in car and drive the wrong way and also park in car parks - come back later and stand there thinking where is the car?

psyberyeti
04-Nov-07, 23:59
My wifie bought me a tide clock in the May of the year that we moved here. So I set it all up with the tide tables and it worked great.

Come last week in October of that year, as I went around the house putting the clocks back - I also put the tide clock back an hour!!:confused

I never was very bright.:roll:

karia
05-Nov-07, 00:11
Does this mean that you're officially a "foxy" lady Karia? :lol: x

Maybe so Anne,

I just held my breath and he and I looked at one another and settled down to look at the view, side by side...I think he had got used to me 'pottering' late at night and he was not at all disturbed by my being there.

Amazing and not something I would ever trade

A special moment!

Kariax

George Brims
05-Nov-07, 08:31
I cut a good sized piece off the tip of my right index finger with a Stanley knife while scoring a piece of drywall. I don't know about daft but I certainly felt foolish showing it to the doctor at the ER, and not a little sick.

Lolabelle
05-Nov-07, 08:40
I did this not once but twice in one day!

I boiled the carcass from a chicken to make soup, when it was nicely done, I put the colander in the sink and drained the liquid off and nicely kept the boiled bones, letting all the good juices go down the sink. So I boiled them up again, and then did the same thing again... :eek:
I gave up and we had vege soup.

xx_chickie
05-Nov-07, 09:58

Aww sounds like something out of a fairytale, karia! :D

Bananas
05-Nov-07, 21:01
I tried to hang my coat up in a key case this morning. (the key case was about 6 inches x 8 inches)

cuddlepop
05-Nov-07, 21:22
Opened a can of sweetcorn once and put the contents in the bin.:eek:
Through out chicken stock thay I'd boiled thinking the pot was just steeping.Turned up the next day for a job interview,still got the job,they must have been desperate

Dadie
05-Nov-07, 21:29
I sleepwalk dont rememer anything but generally get told what i did
whispering cos its embarrassing!!

Whitewater
05-Nov-07, 23:26
Got lost in Glasgow many years ago, all streets seemed to be one-way in the wrong direction, so I eventually gave in and reversed up a one way street, at least I was facing the right way.

Whenever I comment on my wifes driving she always reminds me.

Julia
05-Nov-07, 23:36
Three times now I have sat and waited patiently in the doctor's waiting room only to eventually discover that I am either...

A. in the wrong building

or

B. my appointment was yesterday!

Pregnancy has completely mushed my brain!

DeHaviLand
06-Nov-07, 00:21
I tried to lock my car by repeatedly pressing the off button on my mobile phone. Oh, and just in case you want to try it, it doesnt work :roll:

NLP
06-Nov-07, 00:28
Down the street did some shopping, walking home then it hit me the car was at Safeways carpark, had to walk back for the car.

Lolabelle
06-Nov-07, 01:59
Yesterday afternoon I was working on my laptop, paying bills [evil], when I needed to write some cheques, so I pushed the laptop to the back of my desk and then when I needed to use it again, started squiggling my finger on the desk, wondering why the curser wasn't moving. When I realised what I was doing I started laughing and kept on giggling throughout the afternoon whenever I thought of it. [lol]

sassylass
06-Nov-07, 02:26
Was carrying 3 eggs, 1 slipped from my fingers and I tossed the other 2 in the air to catch the first :roll:

Thumper
06-Nov-07, 13:54
Was in the pub one night and had on a gypsy skirt,elastic waist,very long.Stood up to go to the bar but stood on the hem of the skirt and it fell down!:eek: Never wore that skirt again![lol] x

Angela
07-Nov-07, 14:12
Most of my days seem to end up pretty daft...:(

Yesterday I failed to manage 3 very simple, basic tasks -

1) get fishcake from grill to plate -splatted it on the kitchen floor!

2) get pancake topped with blackcurrant jam from plate to mouth - managed to somehow throw it in the air so it landed jam side down (of course) on the carpet.

3) get jar of honey from kitchen cupboard onto kitchen worktop - managed to throw it into the sink.

That's not including all the usual things - looking for my glasses when they're on my nose and leaving things in all the wrong places.... even "posting" a letter into the communal bin outside! :roll:

scorrie
07-Nov-07, 15:32

Kariaxx

Sounds like Dances With Wolves (on a lower budget) ;)

poppett
07-Nov-07, 15:54
Whitewater, been there, done that, but I did it in Liverpool in a car and Preston with an eight-wheeler lorry! Cops couldn`t speak for laughing.

Most recent silly thing I did was take off to the other side of town to catch up with hubby as I thought I was locked out of our house. Almost at my destination the bunch of keys in the car ignition bumped my knee.......panic over, the keys to everything is on the same ring! It is at least eight years since I kept separate keys in different places. I got fed up looking for them and put them all together.

Sandra_B
07-Nov-07, 16:08
I don't know if this counts but I once carried a new umbrella home in a plastic bag, in the pouring rain. Yes, I did get drenched but it never crossed my mind to use the brolly!

Once had the thought that if I got dressed before my shower it would save time after.

rockchick
07-Nov-07, 20:05
Managed to run the sewing machine needle through my finger. When I yanked my hand back (as you do!) the needle broke off the machine and stuck in my finger, sticking out of both sides. For the life of me, I couldn't bring myself to pull the needle out and had to go to A&E and get them to remove it. When I got to the front of the queue, the look on the face of the nurse that assessed me was priceless as she tried hard not to laugh!

Thumper
07-Nov-07, 21:27
I was driving to Inverness with my 16yr old son one day and a grouse was at the side of the road,he asked me(in a moment of madness I think as he is usually very clever)if grouse flew?I was preoccupied with driving and said I don't know, then i realised what he had asked so I said to him"how do you think they shoot them out of the sky then?They get the grousebeaters to fling them up in the air and then they shoot them" at which point we both started laughing so much that I nearly crashed the car :eek: Still wind him up about that clanger at least once a week ;) x

Cedric Farthsbottom III
07-Nov-07, 21:35
My daft day happened in Wick,Caithness 1997.Woke up in the mornin scrabbling for ma claes.Walked through to the bathroom,did ma mornin bombin,filled the sink to have ma mornin shave.Got up looked in the mirror thought I looked knackered.Then suddenly realised it was Christmas Day and I was day off...........excellent.:lol::lol:

George Brims
09-Nov-07, 02:33
I tried to lock my car by repeatedly pressing the off button on my mobile phone. Oh, and just in case you want to try it, it doesnt work :roll:

And also the TV remote does not work as a calculator. I've tried that a couple of times.

bluelady
10-Nov-07, 01:51
I lost my purse once, searched everywhere but couldnt find it was well upset, then a few days later, one of the kids found it in the freezer whilst searching for something to cook for tea. Needless to say i got ribbed over ma frozen assets [lol]

ett23
11-Nov-07, 12:35
Down the street did some shopping, walking home then it hit me the car was at Safeways carpark, had to walk back for the car.

Sad to say I've done the same thing myself and I don't even have old age to blame it on - I'm in my 20's!!:lol:
I think early madness runs in the family - I'm turning into my MOTHER - AARRGGHH!:eek:

sam
11-Nov-07, 13:26
last year my husband dropped me off near a friends house so i could pop their christmas cards through the letter box and he went to turn the car, i popped the cards in and went back opened the car door and as i was about to jump in i realised it was the wrong car....... i mumbled an apology to the driver and ran off:roll: