PDA

View Full Version : Toothpaste?

nanoo
04-Nov-07, 16:24
Did anyone read in the papers to day about the guy who brushed his teeth and for ten minutes his mouth was on fire? I was gobsmacked when i read it, this guy did'nt just brush his teeth once, but three times with the toothpaste. He was away from home and before going down to his dinner in the hotel, he showered and brushed his teeth,getting the result i mentioned. Afterwards he felt his mouth was really fresh and his teeth clean so he had dinner,spent the night in the bar and retired early to bed, giving his teeth a second brushing before retiring. Same effect, red hot mouth for about ten minutes, when the heat died away he went to sleep. Next morning, he rose and brushed his teeth a third time, still nearly burning his mouth off for ten minutes, only after this third time did he check the toothpaste and found he was using DEEP HEAT on them. Now would you have waited as long as him? I know that i would have checked the toothpaste after the FIRST time. Then again i think i'd have made sure my toothpaste WAS toothpaste when i packed my bag in the first place. Incidentally, he DID pack the bag himself.[disgust]

Shabbychic
04-Nov-07, 16:41
That sounds a bit far fetched. How could anyone not know the difference between toothpaste and deep-heat. Surely the taste itself would give the game away. He must have had some serious cold badly effecting all his senses.

nanoo
04-Nov-07, 16:50
I'm with you on that shabbychick, pesonally i think the moment you tasted it (and it must have been vile) you would immediately spit it out, also when i brush my teeth there is always that little bit you swallow so why was his throat not on fire as well? But i still say, why three goes before you check the tube? :lol: By the way it's in the centre pages of todays Sunday Post.[lol]

Shabbychic
04-Nov-07, 17:00
:lol:A Sunday Post reader writes??:lol:

karia
04-Nov-07, 17:10
Have occasionally brushed with Hydrocortisone cream while half asleep....no gum inflammation for me!;)

karia

TRUCKER
04-Nov-07, 17:55
Bet he had a warm glow the whole day

corgiman
04-Nov-07, 17:57
I can only assume he was the sharpest knife in the drawer :lol:

zagor
04-Nov-07, 17:58
It is quite possible I know someone my poor dad who used deep heat for toothpaste but he noticed the taste and burning straight away poor guy. Too ease his embarrasment my mum then told everyone she knew.

Dadie
04-Nov-07, 19:04
I have used the dogs shampoo once by mistake and used hairspray as deoderant once ... kinda slows things down in the morning when you have to shower twice!!

corgiman
04-Nov-07, 19:07
but your dad was clever enough to only do it once [lol]

karia
04-Nov-07, 20:29
I have used the dogs shampoo once by mistake and used hairspray as deoderant once ... kinda slows things down in the morning when you have to shower twice!!

My Dad is a 'manly' man..no aftershave or scented stuff for him,....But

He does have mad curly hair that requires restraint and so 'tolerates' the necessitous use of Hairspray, albeit through gritted teeth. :roll:

My mum used to purchase 'Cedar wood' Hairspray which unfortunately, came in the exact same size, shape and colour ..as their Deoderant Spray.:eek:

It took three whole months of his hair in the sink before this 'darling daughter' read the label and had to break the news!

It shouldn't have been funny..but somehow!

karia

bluelady
04-Nov-07, 21:30
i used savlon cream once, same colour tube as toothpaste and I had a heavy cold, but i tasted it straight away. Wonder if theres any one out there who has used haemorroid cream in place of TP and been brave enough to admit it [lol]

Stargazer
04-Nov-07, 21:34
Maybe he normally uses Euthymol toothpaste. Its a bit like extra strong mouthwash. Deep heat is only a bit spicier?

Kenn
05-Nov-07, 01:20
Now I know why that heat rub on my back didn't work,I was using toothpaste!

xx_chickie
05-Nov-07, 09:54
i used savlon cream once, same colour tube as toothpaste and I had a heavy cold, but i tasted it straight away. Wonder if theres any one out there who has used haemorroid cream in place of TP and been brave enough to admit it [lol]

Haha you never know, bluelady! There are some crazy people out there! Don'y fancy it myself though! [lol]

Mr_Me19
05-Nov-07, 20:32
A Sunday Post reader writes??

He is correct. I also saw the story. I was stuck with the sunday post though because my favourite sunday paper..... the Sunday Mail, was sold out... :(

helenwyler
05-Nov-07, 21:05
On holiday a few years ago, one of my daughters was having a shower, reached for the shampoo with watery half-closed eyes, and proceeded to pour a generous quantity of Nair...............hair-removing cream all over her head:eek:!!

Of course it all started coming out when she rinsed it, and the wails of desolation were heart-rending!! She spent a cheerless evening avoiding mirrors until we could bundle her into a hairdresser's next day[lol]!!

A clever bit of feathering and layering did the trick!