PDA

View Full Version : Training classes for dogs and owners

singysmum
03-Nov-07, 13:55
Hello folk,

Just thought I'd let you know that I will be starting training classes in Staxigoe Village Hall on Tuesday 13th November. The first 30 minutes will be for puppies and then there will be a class for older/more experienced dogs/handlers. The class format will be primarily to help you to train your dog to be obedient and socially acceptable to all.

We moved here from Morecambe, where I was an instructor at Lune Valley Dog Training Club for many years. I obtained my instructors qualification at the British Professional Institute of Dog Trainers.

I have owned and bred many dog breeds over the years, namely:- GSD's (of which I currently have a lovely rescue bitch - Cassie) Border Collies, Tervuerans, Shelties, Cocker spaniels. Westie, Lakeland, Yorkshire and Australian terriers. I have competed in both breed and obedience and had my own boarding kennel and cattery for nearly 25 years.

We recently got a Husky/Malamute cross puppy who is different from any dog I've previously owned so it could be interesting to others to see how well or badly we succeed with his training!

If anybody is interested in the classes and would like any further information, please ring me on 01955 603095.

Looking forward to hearing from you

Helen

carasmam
03-Nov-07, 14:10
Good Luck in your new venture :D

Julia
03-Nov-07, 16:29
Excellent news, wishing you every success!

rowan
04-Nov-07, 06:47
hi i have a 6 month old gsd, who i would like to start some training with, but she has hurt a leg, and vet has put her on a months rest may be longer, if you have classes starting in a few months maybe we could come, please let me know thanks :D

Smithy
05-Nov-07, 15:27
What are the cost of the classes?

singysmum
06-Nov-07, 19:31
Hi smithy,

the cost for the classes will be £3.00 per session for puppies and £5.00 for older and more experienced dogs (or should I say owners!):Razz

brandy
06-Nov-07, 20:13
we have a 6 mnth old labradoodle that i would love to have training with.. just no time it seems! what schedules would you have?

Smithy
07-Nov-07, 10:46
Have sent you a pm

singysmum
07-Nov-07, 17:50
Hi Brandy,

I have pm'd you.

Helen