PDA

View Full Version : Are You sitting Comfortably?

karia
02-Nov-07, 19:41
Evening folks,

Since we all spend a fair amount of time on the computer how comfortable is your 'work station'.....I use the words loosely!;)

I wouldn't dream of sitting watching a movie or reading a book in the discomfort in which I (happily!:roll:) surf the net and chat to you and I must do something about it.

Then there's the number of times I bash my shin off the desk

Please share your experience.

karia..of the sore posterior.

Thumper
02-Nov-07, 19:46
Hey Karia,I dont have that problem.......my tail keeps me in a nice comfy position ;) x

karia
02-Nov-07, 19:51
Hey Karia,I dont have that problem.......my tail keeps me in a nice comfy position ;) x

Have you got a recipe for that Thumps? :lol:

Kariax

horseman
02-Nov-07, 19:56
Since I treated myself to a new p.c. chair an a deep cushion my lot has been much improved, only have to work out what to do with my long legs now;)

karia
02-Nov-07, 20:00
Since I treated myself to a new p.c. chair an a deep cushion my lot has been much improved, only have to work out what to do with my long legs now;)

It is tough being the male equivelent of Angela Rippon horseman..but you carry it off beautifully!:)

Tell me more about the chair..sounds great!

Kariaxx

Riffman
02-Nov-07, 20:14
I use both my desktop, nice leather bouncy swival chair, and my laptop-on the floor, sofa, bed, kitchen table, floor, bed, sofa.... you get the idea ;)

If its a decent movie I rig up the projector, that gives me a 8 foot widescreen and lots of noise from the subwoofer! Great for keeping the kids quiet.

Camel Spider
02-Nov-07, 20:31
I did the bloke thing and got myself a recliner with massage .. Ideal for lounging about with the Laptop.

Ricco
02-Nov-07, 21:04
I have a nice cumfy swivel chair, so no problem.

starry
02-Nov-07, 21:09
Couch and laptop, very comfortable.

horseman
02-Nov-07, 21:52
Love the Angela Rippon analogy-but hers were downright gorgous"!?:)
Everyone, kids an adults like the all swivelling up an down, padded seat, impulse buy at a comp. fair. I can rock back an fro an bounce up an down-good for mood expressions;)

karia
02-Nov-07, 22:10
Love the Angela Rippon analogy-but hers were downright gorgous"!?
Everyone, kids an adults like the all swivelling up an down, padded seat, impulse buy at a comp. fair. I can rock back an fro an bounce up an down-good for mood expressions;)

Splendid!..just splendid!;)

Kariaxx

Anne x
03-Nov-07, 12:27
Workstation and nice comfy swivel chair in a nice room with a view of the garden
Ax

engiebenjy
03-Nov-07, 12:33
pc in the corner of the sitting room (taking over I have to say) with good view of the TV. Also a lovely comfy chair which my father - in - law and sis - in - law bought for my birthday.

Sandra_B
03-Nov-07, 18:17
Couch and laptop, very comfortable.

Couldn't agree more. Have to say though, chocolate and a glass of wine actually can improve this situation;)

Ash
03-Nov-07, 18:23
Couldn't agree more. Have to say though, chocolate and a glass of wine actually can improve this situation;)

that seems like a plan, lol :D xx

Thumper
03-Nov-07, 18:24
Karia, you could always try a rubber ring :eek:[lol] xx

highlander4
03-Nov-07, 18:25
I have a nice comfy leather swivel chair aswell. It's one of the comfiest seats it the sitting room :D

corgiman
03-Nov-07, 18:26
The chocolate defeats the purpose cos all the calories burnt off whilst typing are just put back in :lol: but the wine is good for the heart if it's red,,, or has that changed now ????? :eek:

karia
03-Nov-07, 18:37
Karia, you could always try a rubber ring xx

You may laugh thumper but right now that is sounding like a very promising idea.;)

It's a wonder anyone ever gets angry on the org with you all lounging about drinking wine and eating chocolate on your sofas or supery doupery swivel, massage chairs!:D

karia

Bobinovich
03-Nov-07, 18:39
Comfy operators chair in office with desktop & no distractions (other than the Org!).

Laptop & recliner couch at home with TV for additional entertainment.

Built for comfort, not for speed - bit like myself!

Thumper
03-Nov-07, 18:40
You may laugh thumper but right now that is sounding like a very promising idea.

It's a wonder anyone ever gets angry on the org with you all lounging about drinking wine and eating chocolate on your sofas or supery doupery swivel, massage chairs!

karia
Maybe it's the ones who haven't got them we should be wary off!:eek:[para]x

corgiman
03-Nov-07, 18:42
I polished my swivel chair the other day to make it nice and shiny and every time I move now someone says " What do you say" hmmmmmmm

karia
03-Nov-07, 18:51
Maybe it's the ones who haven't got them we should be wary off!:eek:x

Absoloutely!...Look how grumpy I am,........I said LOOK!;)

Karia

wifie
03-Nov-07, 18:52
Thanks Karia - you have given me an idea for a chrissy pressie suggestion. I am sitting here on my cheap folding turquoise ikea chair! :(

Thumper
03-Nov-07, 19:01
Absoloutely!...Look how grumpy I am,........I said LOOK!;)

Karia
You are never grumpy hun,you are far too good natured for that ;) x