PDA

View Full Version : Thankyou Orgers

Fran
02-Nov-07, 02:03
:(I would like now to thank all the orgers who have sent me such comforting private messages during the past 9 months while "himself" battled with lung cancer here at home with such courage and his usual humour.Himself was orger Robby50x. I have spent most nights on here for an hour or two and felt i had company and friends and thank you all for that.
Robby had never been in hospital until he went to Raigmore for chemotherapy after being diagnosed with advanced terminal cancer in February. The care he received at home in wick from his local gp, who I know i cant name but his wife recently had their second child!! was superb. The macmillan carer whose name starts with J was such a great help and friend to us and did so much for Robby and myself. the district nurses were wonderful and their visits and care were so much appreciated. We both felt so lucky that robbie received such excellent care, and words can never thank them all enough.It was down to all of them that robbie lived past his "sell by date" as he called it.
Robbie died here at home in comfort on Wednesday evening, with his brother, myself and my daughter beside him. the heartbreaking thing was that his sister had been by his side all day and left for a short while to collect their other sister from the Orkney ferry, but they got back here ten minutes after robby died, this was so tragic and we had begged him to hang on for a while longer but it was not to be.
Robby was 53 and was known by many, he came from Watten and worked as a glass blower for many years. He was a wonderful man.I am so lost without him.
His funeral will be held in wick Old Parish church on Saturday at 1.45. He is resting here at home.
Thankyou all for your comfort over the last few months. xx

sassylass
02-Nov-07, 04:16
I'm so sorry Fran, my heart goes out to you. Always know that you have many friends and aquaintances who will be support for you in this difficult time. I wish there was something I could do to ease your pain.

Lolabelle
02-Nov-07, 04:50
I am so sorry to hear of your loss Fran.
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

horseman
02-Nov-07, 06:47
Our kind thoughts and prayers go with you Fran.

TRUCKER
02-Nov-07, 08:17
Fran my familys thoughts and prayers go out to you.

brandy
02-Nov-07, 08:49
oh fran, i am so so sorry for your loss.. i pray that you will find comfort in the days ahead!

mr do dar
02-Nov-07, 08:58
fran sorry to hear about you lose . keep strong for yourself . were all thinking of you here on the org

botheed
02-Nov-07, 09:29
thinking of you all. love from botheed

Saveman
02-Nov-07, 09:35
I'm very sorry to hear that Fran.
Our thoughts and prayers are with you, your friends and family.

canuck
02-Nov-07, 09:41
Continue to be brave. Blessings and peace.

Ash
02-Nov-07, 10:10
my thoughts are with you and your family xxx:~(

Thumper
02-Nov-07, 10:10
So sorry to hear about your loss Fran,we will all be thinking of you xx

riggerboy
02-Nov-07, 10:36
my deepest Condolences to you and your faimily fran, riggerboy,

flash
02-Nov-07, 10:49
Fran, so sorry to hear of your loss, the love and dignity shone from your post, best wishes.

cuddlepop
02-Nov-07, 10:56
Fran so sorry to hear of your sad loss.

Big hug from across the waters.We might not be there in person for you but we're all only a click away.

Oddquine
02-Nov-07, 11:08
I am so very sorry. My heart goes out to you and the family.

Valerie Campbell
02-Nov-07, 11:36
Fran, I'm so desperately sorry. My thoughts are very much with you and the family.xxx

Geo
02-Nov-07, 12:07
So sorry Fran. My thoughts and prayers are with you and the family.

highlander
02-Nov-07, 12:09
So sorry to hear of your loss Fran may you find strength to cope with your loss, im sure when i say your extended org family will be here for you when you need to talk.

karia
02-Nov-07, 12:30
Ah Fran, What can I say?:(

You know that I am thinking of you!

Karia

bluelady
02-Nov-07, 12:35
so sorry to hear of your sad loss, am thinking of you x

NLP
02-Nov-07, 14:51
So sorry to hear of your loss, our thoughts are with you and your family.

Liz
02-Nov-07, 15:02
My sincere condolences to you, Mandy and Robbie's family.

We orgers can get into silly squabbles but, at times like these, you know you have friends who really care and will always be there for you.

scorrie
02-Nov-07, 16:27
A very moving post Fran. My best regards go to you and all the family.

Ricco
02-Nov-07, 17:28
Fran - its lovely to see you back but I am so sorry that it you are bearing such sad news. My heart goes out to you - may time pass swiftly and bring its healing power.

porshiepoo
02-Nov-07, 18:17
Fran, so sorry to hear of your loss. Words just seem so pointless at these times but I'm glad you have found some level of comfort just by popping into here.
It certainly makes sites like this extremely worthwhile.

Love and hugs.
xx

abalone
02-Nov-07, 22:26
Dear Fran,I'm so sorry your Robbie has died,everyone feels so helpless at times like these.All I can do is say a prayer for you.

jings00
03-Nov-07, 00:04
My condolences to you Fran.
Take care.

Sporran
03-Nov-07, 03:00
Dear Fran,

I'm so terribly sorry to hear that "himself" has passed away. :( Words are not enough, but I want you to know that you are in my thoughts and prayers at this very difficult time.

With heartfelt sympathy,

Sporran

anneoctober
03-Nov-07, 05:17
We're all here Fran any time you want to pop in. Sending you my love, stay strong. Anne xx

Venture
03-Nov-07, 14:58
Hi Fran We are so sorry to hear about Robbie. He is at peace now and free from pain. He had a wonderful partner in you and I know that you will be lost without him. Take care and look after yourself.

J. & D.

poppett
03-Nov-07, 16:24
My condolences to you Fran at this sorrowful time. May it be a comfort to you to know that your beloved feels no more pain.

"MEMORIES"

Memories have a special way of holding friends together
May memories of the times you have shared stay in your heart forever.

Your wonderful memories of the happy times you spent together are always in your head and your heart.......no one can take that treasure from you.

Keep strong and please keep posting

alistair harper
04-Nov-07, 20:31
My condolences to you Fran at this sorrowful time i know you are a strong woman but nothing can prepare you for this take care of yourself

JAWS
04-Nov-07, 22:56
Fran, the last six months cannot have been easy for either you or those around you. It's not easy knowing what's happening and being unable to prevent it, you and your family have my sympathy.

lynne duncan
05-Nov-07, 00:01
fran
our thoughts are with you
may the org support you
lynne

Wish
05-Nov-07, 00:03
Fran,

I am very sorry for your loss, stay strong xx

Torvaig
05-Nov-07, 00:37
Fran, I only met Robbie once; a gentleman with a kind sense of humour...may your memories be happy ones.

DM07
05-Nov-07, 11:02
Robbie took on cancer head on and made well beyond his given life expectacy. I know that he was brave but he could not have got as far as he did with your amazing courage.
He is sadly missed but at least he is a peace now. In your grieving know that we are every grateful for your caring and kindness you showed Robbie.
Thank you for being there for him.

WeeBurd
05-Nov-07, 14:05
Fran, you know my thoughts are with you at this sad time.

Fran
06-Nov-07, 02:43
Thankyou all so much on behalf of myself and Robbies family for your lovely messages. I have read them often and find them such a comfort. Thankyou to Moira who came round to my house with flowers, how lovely and very kind of her. you certainly help me to not feel alone, though of course I am and i am finding it very hard. I am missing him terribly and sometimes cant accept he is no longer here.
Thank you all my orger friends.
I just wish I could post a picture of Robbie here but I dont know how to do it, Robbie always did that kind of thing for me and i was stupid not to ask him to show me. im sure I will learn in time!
Thankyou, with my love to you all, Fran and Robbies dog, Bobby who is pining for him. xx

caithgal
06-Nov-07, 15:25
From the bottom of my heart thank you so much for what you did for Robby throughout his illness. I cannot find the words to express myself but hope you do realise how much we all appreciated what you did. Rob was cared for in the most fantastic way by you and i know how much he appreciated you cos he told me on more than one occasion. Will see you very soon. Love Sally XXX