PDA

View Full Version : Gadgets

ashaw1
01-Nov-07, 22:26
While making tea tonight i became aware of how many 'gadgets' we use in our everyday lives. I just wondered what 'gadget' could you not do without. I thought about this and came to a different answer each time.

Julia
01-Nov-07, 23:27
Definitely the microwave, we don't use that much tinned food but I could not live without my electric tin opener, it's been so long I doubt I could use a manual one now.

the charlatans
01-Nov-07, 23:34
does a computer count as a gadget? cos i miss it when i can't use it.
other than that, my mobile phone, my bread maker and my husband. oh not a gadgey you say, oh well, leave my husband out of it then.:lol:

lady penelope
01-Nov-07, 23:36
Have been pondering this question a while;

Don't have a microwave anymore and don't miss it.
Don't use my tumbledrier any more
Dont use a video recorder or player or dvd player
Don't use my food processor very much

The gadget I would miss most is my automatic tea maker.He's lying on the couch watching the telly at the moment but it wont be long till he's put to good use! [lol]

Anne x
02-Nov-07, 01:19
Washing Machine and Sky + which replaced dvd recordable Oh and my GHDs

mi16
02-Nov-07, 09:53
It all defends on the definition of gadget
I would really miss good old electricity as all my other gadgets would be rendered useless

Camel Spider
02-Nov-07, 11:28
Going to sound strange but the gadget I make most use of is the 99p microwave egg poacher I bought in Tesco's !!

Awesome bit of kit and it has put an end to my dismal attempts at a poaching an egg.

golach
02-Nov-07, 11:40
I could not be without my George Forman Grill, am now on number two, my nice big one died on me on Sunday, had to very quickly buy another

Ricco
02-Nov-07, 17:35
If push came to shove I could do without all my gadgets... yes, even my PC. I have always considered that I am a survivalist first and last. I could always make some replacement device.

Actually, that didn't answer the question..... I guess it would be my smoothie maker.

karia
02-Nov-07, 17:43
If push came to shove I could do without all my gadgets... yes, even my PC. I have always considered that I am a survivalist first and last. I could always make some replacement device.

Actually, that didn't answer the question..... I guess it would be my smoothie maker.

You don't need a gadget to be smooth Ricco!;)

Karia

Ricco
02-Nov-07, 21:08
You don't need a gadget to be smooth Ricco!;)

Karia

Och, you know how to charm a braveheart, Karia. ;)

Thumper
02-Nov-07, 21:51
Hair straighteners,mobile,pc,and maybe the microwave(heating up leftovers mostly) If I could choose just one I would have to have the straighteners! :) x

footie chick
02-Nov-07, 21:55
Hair straightners and Henry the hoover if I could only have one it would be Henry he's always happy [lol]

sweetpea
05-Nov-07, 15:01
I've got one I couldn't live without but better not say what its called on here[lol]

johno
05-Nov-07, 15:06
I've got one I couldn't live without but better not say what its called on here[lol]
Hey there Sweetpea, that would make a very interesting quiz topic now. :eek:

grandma
05-Nov-07, 15:07
So many to choose from. I must have hundred of useful gadgets lying in drawers or cupboards that I thought were great but never use now!!! I think the one I would miss most is my battery knife-sharpener.:)

sweetpea
05-Nov-07, 15:16
Hey there Sweetpea, that would make a very interesting quiz topic now. :eek:

Go on Johno, have a guess then:lol:

alanatkie
05-Nov-07, 15:18
Favourite gadget would have to be my cork screw/bottle opener :D

floyed
05-Nov-07, 16:48
Mines would have to be my tumble dryer:D

changilass
05-Nov-07, 16:54
Bottle opener, its sore on the teeth opening the Tigers otherwise and makes a mess of worktops trying to do it the other way :lol:

johno
05-Nov-07, 22:29
Go on Johno, have a guess then:lol:
hmmmmmm, electric toothbrush.??:roll:

Whitewater
05-Nov-07, 22:36
My swiss army knife, it has a cork screw for the wine and a bottle opener for my beer. Can't be without it when I'm out for a day or two in the hills.