PDA

View Full Version : Diesel Hike

Dusty
25-Aug-05, 15:56
I pulled into Dunnet's Garage in Francis Street, Wick last week and waited behind a customer using the Diesel pump, until they had finished filling up, paid and left.
I then moved up to the pump which the assistant could not reset initially despite its having just been used. After a while, the pump was reset and I was able to fill up.
As I was filling up, I noticed that the pump price was about two pence per litre higher than the price advertised on the main board. I then found out that they had been changing the price of the Diesel and I complained to the manager that the price shown on the main board should have been changed first as that is what had attracted me to fill up in the first place. The assistant was also less than happy as he had not been informed that the computer system was being altered.
The manager hummed and hawed a bit and said that he would "knock a bit off" but as the assistant had rung up the transaction this proved too problamatic for him and he stood in the shop "erming" and "oh dearing" until I paid and left. :mad:
Surely the stock in the tanks could not have gone up in price as I waited on the forecourt.
I realise that the garages are told what to charge for their fuel but it's annoying to be blatantly ripped off in this way. [mad]