PDA

View Full Version : orange broadband

telfordstar
01-Nov-07, 15:48
I signed up for orange broadband in June this year as we had just bought ourselves a new laptop and needed the livebox for this and thought that the deal of £19.99 a month from orange with livebox and everything you needed sounded pretty good.
When I called up to register for this package I was told that there was a special offer on and i would get my first 6 months of broadband for £19.99 and my second 6 months for free. We were well happy with this deal so decided to go ahead with this.
Just ut of curiosity today i gave them a call to see when the 6 months free would begin from as i couldnt remember did i make my first payment in June or July only to be told that there was no note on my account about this so I was just going to have to keep paying £19.99 a month with no free months. I was livid and the guy who hardly spoke a word of english told me to write to customer support but make take up to 3 months for me to get a reply as they are very busy.
Why do they offer you this kind of deals? To get you to sign up with them and hope you forget?
I am going to write regarding this but not holding ut much hope:(

Bobinovich
01-Nov-07, 17:10
I'd be annoyed too, but even more annoyed at myself for not getting a copy of that deal in writing!

As the offer was only mentioned during a call theres probably not a lot you can do - write & plead your case and hope for a rebate or such, or change ISP's after your year is up as a protest, etc.

However you can take solace in that fact that, at the time you phoned them to register, you were willing to pay £19.99 per month, and that the 6 free months offer would have been sweet. But you probably would have still gone with them at the time even if you had not been offered it.

Camel Spider
01-Nov-07, 17:24
Just cancel it.

Then watch their Customer Services department scramble to keep you as a Customer, at that point I would ask for the original deal to be honoured and ask them what they are offering as compensation for the calls you have had to make to sort out their mistake.

Hopefully you will get the original deal restored.

telfordstar
01-Nov-07, 17:40
I'd be annoyed too, but even more annoyed at myself for not getting a copy of that deal in writing!

As the offer was only mentioned during a call theres probably not a lot you can do - write & plead your case and hope for a rebate or such, or change ISP's after your year is up as a protest, etc.

However you can take solace in that fact that, at the time you phoned them to register, you were willing to pay £19.99 per month, and that the 6 free months offer would have been sweet. But you probably would have still gone with them at the time even if you had not been offered it.

Annoyed wasnt the word I was kicking myself for not getting it in writing I know now that I probably should but you are right I would of gone with them but what was making me mad was the fact it was offered and now i have the hasstle of trying to get it honoured.

Riffman
01-Nov-07, 18:11
The 'live box' is surely just a wireless router? They can be got very cheaply for about £50 and then you can choose who to go with.

My mum is on AOL, and they are giving them away free now, she phoned up to say that it was not fair that new customers were getting em free and that she was leaving AOL. Guess what? I shiney new wireless box arrived the next day. They will do anything to keep you as a customer!

telfordstar
01-Nov-07, 18:55
The 'live box' is surely just a wireless router? They can be got very cheaply for about £50 and then you can choose who to go with.

My mum is on AOL, and they are giving them away free now, she phoned up to say that it was not fair that new customers were getting em free and that she was leaving AOL. Guess what? I shiney new wireless box arrived the next day. They will do anything to keep you as a customer!

Think i might try some kind of tactic like that as well riffman. Being typical female I didnt realise that you could buy the livebox yourself is shocking what some companys will do to keep their customers but all the freebies keep us happy.

Riffman
01-Nov-07, 19:10
Just phone up and tell them that you are leaving as you have got a better deal, they will drop their prices to keep you, I forgot to add that mum got the price dropped as well!

telfordstar
01-Nov-07, 19:17
Just phone up and tell them that you are leaving as you have got a better deal, they will drop their prices to keep you, I forgot to add that mum got the price dropped as well!

Cheers for that riffman i will be giving them a call in the morning see if i can strick a deal haahaa

Metalattakk
01-Nov-07, 21:16
I wouldn't bet on them giving you anything, except for the bill for the rest of your 12-month contract. They have you over a barrel, to be honest.

Orange care little for their customers. That's why I left them at the start of the year, after a lengthy struggle.