PDA

View Full Version : have you seen me?

brandy
01-Nov-07, 15:34
my cat has gone missing!! his name is burt and hes a neurtered tom. just about 2 years old..
from vansittart st.
hes extremley lazy and loves to eat.. so i just cant see him going far!
he has unusuall markings so would be easy to spot.. here is a couple of pics of him so if you see him.. please let me know! thanks you everyone!!
brandy
PS.. he was last seen night before last on the 30th of oct.
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e346/brandy28655/HPIM0452.jpg
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e346/brandy28655/HPIM0345.jpg

Liz
01-Nov-07, 20:23
Sorry that Burt is missing!

I wonder whether he has been frightened by fireworks (Grrrrrr!) and is in hiding somewhere?

Cats can hide in all kinds of places so he could be under a shed, hedge etc and just waiting to see whether it is safe to come out! The problem is the flipping fireworks will be going off all weekend possibly!

We will post his details on the Cats Protection website.

If he doesn't come home soon we could lend you a humane trap as it is possible he may be coming out in the quiet of night so you could set this in the garden.

Hope he comes home soon!

nanoo
02-Nov-07, 13:07
Hi folks, i just thought i'd like to say something about Brandys' missing cat Burt, he a lovely, gentle, easy going big cat. He must be shut in somewhere i think because Burt visits my house every day (we have his brother Ernie, but thats a different story) and i think Ernie is partly the reason for his coming to see us. Brandy knows he does this and when she's missing him she thinks he's with us and when we miss him we think he's with her. However, he was in our house on Tuesday evening and wanted out about 10.30pm. This is the last sighting of him, please can i ask everyone in the area of Vansittart Street to look in any outhouses you have as this is completely out of character for Burt to stay away like this, he loves his home comforts in all ways. Thank you.:roll:

brandy
02-Nov-07, 19:34
God i lay down with the kids earlier for a nap and dreamed about him!
i dreamed that he showed up at the back door and i grabbed him up to take around to nanoos to show them he was back and before i could get there i woke up!
i just hope he comes home soon.

highlander
02-Nov-07, 23:28
Such a beautiful cat Brandy, i hope someone spots him for you, grrrrrrrrr i really wish the fireworks would be banned, all the poor animals are terrified.

Liz
02-Nov-07, 23:31
God i lay down with the kids earlier for a nap and dreamed about him!
i dreamed that he showed up at the back door and i grabbed him up to take around to nanoos to show them he was back and before i could get there i woke up!
i just hope he comes home soon.

Really hope your dream comes true Brandy. One of my cats went missing for a week once and at 3am in the morning I had to go to the loo and something made me go to the front door (usually use the side door!) and in he walked as if he'd never been away!

Such a beautiful cat Brandy, i hope someone spots him for you, grrrrrrrrr i really wish the fireworks would be banned, all the poor animals are terrified.

I totally agree! They should only be allowed at organised bonfire parties so we would know when to expect them!
The problem is they are so flipping loud nowadays!!

The poor strays must be absolutley terrified!!!!:(

corgiman
03-Nov-07, 00:32
I really do hope he comes home soon brandy, there is nothing worse than not knowing what has happened to them.

nanoo
06-Nov-07, 13:54
Hi there, i just thought i'd like to remind everybody about Brandys' missing cat. Burt has now been missing for one week. We have been searching for him and neighbours have as well but no sign of him, also we've been asking folks if they had seen him, but to no avail i'm sorry to say. I personally am very worried about his whereabouts now as he spent about as much time with us as he did at his own home and i loved him like i loved my own 6 cats. Ernie (his brother) mopes a bit lately(perhaps it's just my imagination)as if he is remembering he hase'nt seen him in a while. Brandy misses him too but thankfully she has the kids to keep her busy. I think someone may have taken him and when he can escape, i'm sure he will. The burning question is, that someone, do they live locally? Burt liked to lie around all day, as Brandy says, all he's interested in is sleeping and eating. It suited everybody that Burt liked to go out at night as we all thought this was the safest time for him. Seems like we were all wrong. Please keep your eyes peeled for us will you? Burt just seems to have fallen off the face of the Earth. Thank You:~(.

danc1ngwitch
08-Nov-07, 15:15
hya there, im sorry, hope the cat turns up soon

nanoo
13-Nov-07, 12:56
Sorry folks, it's just me again. I want to remind everyone on behalf of Brandy and myself that our big soft boy Burt is still missing, this makes it two weeks ago today. I never knew how much i really loved him, till this happened. I have cats of my own that i love to bits but never need to worry about them because they are indoor cats. Burt however is different, he is not my cat and just came visiting every day(for most of the day) i might add. Brandy has decided that IF he turns up, he should come and live with us, as his brother does already. I really hope we do get him back as it's the first thing i think of in the morning and the last thing at night, not to mention the times i look out the windows at the back and the front of the house every evening after the blinds are closed. I keep wishing he will be sitting there on the window sill waiting to be let in, as he always does. What a great EARLY christmas present this would be for me, my boy back home where he belongs, safe and warm and no more wandering. Ahhhh if only. Thanks for bearing with me and listening to me wittering on.LOL:~(

unicorn
13-Nov-07, 13:07
Really sad to hear he is still not home:~( It must be hard. Is there any way he could have gotten into a delivery van or anything?

nanoo
13-Nov-07, 13:25
We really have no idea Unicorn, as i said before he only goes out at night ie; about 10.30pm and back on the window sill in the morning about 8.30 - 9.00 o'clock each morning. We actually thought he would be perfectly safe at night(less traffic on the road, nobody around) it's a complete mystery. He won't EVER be out again if i get him back, his brother Ernie was out and about as well but he stayed out for two days at one time and i was worried to death about him too. When he came back in, that was him in for good, that was about 14 months ago and Ernie is so used to being in now he is a very happy cat. Burt will learn to be the same i hope. While i'm here, i notice you are a newbie, so can i welcome you to the family of Org and i look forward to your many postings in the future. Welcome aboard Unicorn.;)

unicorn
13-Nov-07, 13:33
I am not quite a newbie nanoo but thanks anyway, I left and came back.

rhino
16-Nov-07, 10:58
seen a cat looking like that last night at the garages at the back of huddart street.

nanoo
16-Nov-07, 13:55
Thanks for the info Rhino. I've PMd you.;)

Liz
16-Nov-07, 15:07
Really hope it is Burt!!!:confused

scorrie
16-Nov-07, 15:33
I've only just seen this thread. My wife and I broke up a stand-off between two cats at the top of Kennedy Terrace about a week ago. They were not actually fighting, just posturing really close to each other and making an awful racket. Anyway, one of the cats was similar in markings to "Burt" and seemed to look quite a young cat. Seemed quite a friendly cat and the ginger marking seemed lighter than some ginger cats I have seen. My daughter said that she saw a "new" white and ginger cat in the same area on the way to school so I will show her the photos and see if she thinks it might be your cat. Will keep an eye out and take a photo for comparison if I see this cat again. Good luck.

brandy
16-Nov-07, 16:31
thanks hun that would be greatly appreciated.. if we know its him then we can start trying to catch him.. he should come to us.. but is wary of strangers..

rhino
17-Nov-07, 20:28
similar cat to the picture. seen it a the garages at the back of the flats at vansittart street heading along the wall top towards malcolms shop direction.It was daylight but not shure what time it was, plus didnt know it was missing until after. Will keep an eyeout but we have 3 cats and a dog so i cannot see it venturing here to far.

Lolabelle
18-Nov-07, 10:45
Any more sightings of Burt, I've been praying for his safe return.

nanoo
18-Nov-07, 14:05
I'm sorry to say lolabelle that Burt is still missing and is greatly missed by me. It will be 3 weeks come Tuesday 20th Nov since we last saw him. Funnily enough Lolabelle, Brandy had a dream about him about some days ago and i kid you not, but i dreamt about him last night myself, I was in the back garden with my OH and we heard someone coming up the side of the house and it was this middle aged gentleman carrying Burt, he was thin and very dirty but otherwise looked okay. The man was holding him in his hands which were covered by a pair of those thick gardening gloves, prosumably to stop getting scratched, anyway my OH attempted to take Burt from the man and i told them to go into the kitchen and close the door so the cat, if it panicked would not get away. At that point, i woke up and i can tell you i shed a tear or two when i realised it was all a dream. I miss my big soft boy so much Lolabelle. I don't know what it's going to be like IF i give up hope of seeing him again, just now i still think there is a chance of getting him back. Thanks for asking Lolabelle it's nice to know he's thought of from so far away.:~(

nanoo
20-Nov-07, 12:45
Hi folks, it's me again(the pest ,i can hear you say) I'm just trying to keep Burt fresh in everyones memory. He(Burt) has now been missing 3 weeks today and is sorely missed. Please, if you are reading this for the first time, go back to the first post and look at the pictures of him and if you perhaps know where he is or have seen a cat like him recently, please, please let me know. I will be forever grateful to you as i want to get my big soft boy back where he belongs. Thanks for reading this.:~(