PDA

View Full Version : MOT update.

cuddlepop
01-Nov-07, 15:20
We were fortunate to have our Landrover pass ours at the beginning of the week.:)

We weren't expecting it as my brother who is an MOT examiner for Ness motors said it would fail.
It just goes to show you its down to individual interpretation of the guidlines.

anyway in our local paper today our Xinspector has issued a notice to the public as his car failed its MOT on.

Registration plate not carrying either the postcode of the dealer or the British Standard Number on his number plate (any vehicle registered after 2001)
Air freshner hanging from the interior mirror was deemed to be obstucting his vision.

Now I think the air freshner fail is talking the interpretation to the limits of ludicrous:eek:

At over £50 for a test its an expensive oversight.

connieb19
01-Nov-07, 15:33
Now I think the air freshner fail is talking the interpretation to the limits of ludicrous:eek:

I know someone who failed for this reason too, it seems madness. Why couldn't the examiner just take it down and tell the person? :confused

cuddlepop
01-Nov-07, 15:40
Apparently there not allowed to remove anything.

We put masking tape over a whole in the framework of the back seat It was near the set belt angorage point but not affecting the ability of the belt.
The otherside was starting to go but we left that uncovered .
We were advised to have it looked at.
They never mentioned the side that had the obvious whole.:confused

Rheghead
01-Nov-07, 16:09
At over £50 for a test its an expensive oversight.

I thought you could take the car away for a wee while and then have the faults corrected at no further charge?:confused

cuddlepop
01-Nov-07, 16:14
I thought you could take the car away for a wee while and then have the faults corrected at no further charge?:confused
I dont know all I know is there is one very disgruntled X chief inspector living overhere just now.:eek:

The garage we put our car into does not charge for a retest but maybe that.s an introdutory offer because its a new business

footie chick
01-Nov-07, 16:44

Your only supposed to get a free re-test if the car doesn't leave the garage.

Riffman
01-Nov-07, 18:17
I got a free retest on mine as the brakes were duff (I knew that before I put it in). They fixed the brakes though.

connieb19
01-Nov-07, 19:14
I thought you could take the car away for a wee while and then have the faults corrected at no further charge?:confusedIf you take the car away you have to put it through the test again. The only way to avoid paying again is to get the garage to fix any problems.