PDA

View Full Version : US Presidential Elections

Rheghead
01-Nov-07, 00:07
The americans are going through their primaries and caucuses (whatever it means) to determine who will run for President. Anything is possible at the moment, a black president, woman president or just the usual.

Who should be the next President of the USA?

I'd like to see Obama to be president but Hillary looks the frontrunner atm.

Yoda the flump
01-Nov-07, 00:18
Surely its down to policies and ability not colour or sex?

I just hope that whoever gets in has a more enlightened view of the world that Ole Dubya Bush.

Shabbychic
01-Nov-07, 00:33
I'm not sure Obama has the experience behind him for such a high office, but I just hope the Republicans don't get in again. Rudy Guliani and Mitt Romney, the main frontrunners for the Republicans, don't really rock my boat, and let's face it, whoever gets in will effect us in the end.

Rheghead
01-Nov-07, 00:36
Gender and colour shouldn't matter in the ideal world but this is the real world. And I would think it would be rather naive to think gender and colour doesn't matter in the US presidential elections, I'm sorry to say.

Our first woman primeminister was a disaster for women's politics in the UK, partly because I think she thought that if she sacrificed her femininity she would appear to be a stronger political leader. I would like to think that the US is ready for a presidency with a difference.

Moi x
01-Nov-07, 01:05
Gender and colour shouldn't matter in the ideal world....Would President Rice be twice as nice then?

God forbid!

Moi x

Jeemag_USA
01-Nov-07, 01:39
I put number three because the most suitable candidate shoudl win, everyting else is irrelavent. Before the campaigning started I was all for Hilary, because this will be my first time voting as I will have citizenship before the election, but now I am not sure, not impressed with anyone, they are just saying what people want to here whoever they are addessing, nobody is saying anything worthwhile. I seriously hope Al Gore finally decides to run, if he does he will get my vote!

TRUCKER
01-Nov-07, 09:09
If they are up to the job it does'nt matter who does the job male/female /black /white.

brandy
01-Nov-07, 11:13
i would lean towrawds obama myself.. hillary just scares me!
shes a nasty piece of work!
if i could choose i would choose john edwards i think he would be a really good choice. ill be content to just get the republicans out of office! and thankfull just to be getting rid of bush!
america has just gone down hill since he came in to office and if hes not careful he is going to open the black hole of a mouth he has and say something that cant be retracted and taken back!

Riffman
01-Nov-07, 12:28
I think the republicans will get it again, they won't want a repeat of the Clinton automatic weapons ban!!!!

George Brims
01-Nov-07, 20:08
I think the republicans will get it again, they won't want a repeat of the Clinton automatic weapons ban!!!!
The Repugnicans fortunately have completely blown it and are massively unpopular right now.

As for automatic weapons and gun control in general, that is one of those side issues the Repugnicans dredge up to divert attention from their overwhelming incompetence. John Edwards' haircut, whether Obama wears a stars and stripes lapel pin, the list goes on and on.