PDA

View Full Version : Cars On The Pavement

Mr_Me19
31-Oct-07, 20:48
I went down the street today for my lunch, as I do everyday, when I noticed that outside the 99p shop there was, yet again, a car parked so far forward that it restricted the path. This is a regular occurence. It annoys me greatly.

Aside from the fact that this path can be busy enough for regular folk, what about the disabled in wheelchairs? They would have had to double back, then go onto the road, just to get past. Its unbelievable how inconsiderate people can be.

I was quite delighted though when I noticed that someone had put a yellow post-it on the windscreen. Curiosity got the better of me and I had a look. Lo! and behold, someone else had gotten sick of it too. The note read:

"Stupid mindless idiot"

Quite a way of summing it up. I'm glad someone finally got the courage to let him know what trouble he is causing. Well done to whoever it was out there!!!

What do the other orgers think about this matter?

lady penelope
31-Oct-07, 20:59
I hate people parking on pavements.[disgust]
In the years before I drove I had kids and a buggy. Where I lived in Inverness one of the neighbours always parked on the pavement where nobody could get parked. The traffic warden slapped a fixed penalty notice on it for obstruction!:lol:
It wasn't me that complained!

pat
31-Oct-07, 21:33
If every person who saw that car or any vehicle parked on the pavement contacted the police - there would eventually be someone there to ensure any parking on pavement got warning or ticket. Just needs enough folk to call the police to report it or to pop in to complain - the reports have to go through the boss,d if he sees enough complains he has to do something, so get the complaining done to the local police.
Ensure you do complain do not leave it up to other folk.

Mr_Me19
31-Oct-07, 21:58
A traffic warden stands outside Miller every day. At the back....

Would be much more useful patrolling the areas around the high street.

ashaw1
31-Oct-07, 22:00
It's a complete pain. Had to cross the road the other day because i couldn't get the pram past a car on the pavement outside the bank. Today when i passed there was a huge construction lorry parked there while it's driver nipped to the cashline.

Buttercup
31-Oct-07, 22:04
A traffic warden stands outside Miller every day. At the back....

Would be much more useful patrolling the areas around the high street.

Indeed, but I think he's probably there to deter people, that are picking up kids, from parking on the wrong side of the road etc. But then again if a few of them were fined for it the word would get around and they'd soon stop.

Bobinovich
31-Oct-07, 22:55
If the traffic warden is at the back of Miller at lunchtime it's more likely because there's no crossing patroller there at present, so he may be standing in.

Mr_Me19
31-Oct-07, 23:01
If the traffic warden is at the back of Miller at lunchtime it's more likely because there's no crossing patroller there at present, so he may be standing in.

Oh yeah.... Never thought about that... Will have to check tomorrow. There should be one patrolling the high street anyway.