PDA

View Full Version : is anyone guising tonight??

Dadie
31-Oct-07, 19:54
when should i start panicing that no-one seems to be out tonight and that i will have to eat all these sweeties myself??
I made a real effort this year ..decorating the porch, buying sweeties and glow in the dark creepy crawlies and making up bags putting Lauren in a pumpkin babygro..now im worried no-one will come round..

karia
31-Oct-07, 19:59
Aw Dadie...sweetheart!:(

They will be around..it's only 7pm.

I'll bet Lauren looks smashing...be sure and take some pics for us!

Kariaxx

Dadie
31-Oct-07, 20:03
i already look like i have swallowed a pumpkin whole (well it feels like it anyway) i get my 12 week scan on the 13th but i already cant do up the buttons on my "thin" trousers!!

lady penelope
31-Oct-07, 20:08
I havn't had time to think. Just home from work at half four, put the dinner on then the door hasn't stopped since then. I'm not organised at all this year. I just bought some sweeties! Usually I do apple bobbing, sticky doughnuts, spooky box and have treat bags to give out but it's just sweets at the door.:)

karia
31-Oct-07, 20:08
i already look like i have swallowed a pumpkin whole (well it feels like it anyway) i get my 12 week scan on the 13th but i already cant do up the buttons on my "thin" trousers!!

Glad to hear it Hun..hope the morning nasties are over!;)

Think..you can scoff what you like come Xmas!:)

Bestest Love

Kariax

mccaugm
31-Oct-07, 20:16
2 of my bairns are out...13 year old and 3 year old. Elder child not dressed up but the little one is a spi[lol]der....he loves spiders...not sure why though.

Dadie
31-Oct-07, 21:03
think we have just had all the kids at 1 go..hectic and my little pumpkin has crashed out and was put to bed after a major sugar rush (stolen lollipop and chocolate buttons) and a mad 1/2 hour of mayhem and devilment (annoying the life out the dog) still 1/2 a bucket of sweeties to go...

cuddlepop
31-Oct-07, 21:08
The weather over here is awful.
Haven't seen anyone and dont think we will.:(

Moira
31-Oct-07, 21:19
Not had anyone here yet and they can't all have heard about my new scary Avatar - can they???

Congratulations Dadie - time to revive your "fat wardrobe" if you have one or beg, steal and borrow :)

karia
31-Oct-07, 21:51
Not had anyone here yet and they can't all have heard about my new scary Avatar - can they???

Congratulations Dadie - time to revive your "fat wardrobe" if you have one or beg, steal and borrow :)

Moira, Are you doing the new ad for Hedex?:confused

kariax

Thumper
31-Oct-07, 22:15
I had loads for guisers!I am now sitting here catching up on the threads while stuffing myself silly with monkey nuts....Dadie, I may need to share your wardrobe hun ;) x

Rheghead
31-Oct-07, 22:18
I put out loads of sweets and lit my lantern in the window but no one turned up.:(

Thumper
31-Oct-07, 22:20
I put out loads of sweets and lit my lantern in the window but no one turned up.:(
Aww,Rhegs you should have said...I would have popped out for a sweetie ;) x

helenwyler
31-Oct-07, 22:25
stuffing myself silly with monkey nuts....Dadie, I may need to share your wardrobe hun x

Aww,Rhegs you should have said...I would have popped out for a sweetie x

Hi Thumper!

I think you've had quite enough[lol]...even if Rheg is a sweetie;)!

brandy
31-Oct-07, 22:27
we still have loads left! *grins* just more for us to eat! *turns green!*
we had a good few kids, and they boys came home with a bag full each!
we noticed they were hardly any monkey nuts this year!
my mate moira was gurning as she was looking fowards to loads of monkey nuts!

Thumper
31-Oct-07, 22:27
Aww Helen....dont spoil the fun ;) Actually I am now officially stuffed :eek: Thats the diet ruined for today!Back on the wagon again tomorrow xx

helenwyler
31-Oct-07, 22:38
we noticed they were hardly any monkey nuts this year!
my mate moira was gurning as she was looking fowards to loads of monkey nuts!

Brandy..that's cos Thumper had them all;)[lol]!!

Thumper
31-Oct-07, 22:43
Brandy..that's cos Thumper had them all!
I cant even thump anymore...more like a heavy limp ;) Never eating monkey nuts again...sticking to carrots from now on :) xx

Moira
31-Oct-07, 22:52
Moira, Are you doing the new ad for Hedex?:confused

kariax

I never have headaches Karia - touch wood. Same when I crash into the blighters ;)

karia
31-Oct-07, 22:53
I cant even thump anymore...more like a heavy limp Never eating monkey nuts again...sticking to carrots from now on xx

Back up to the bed Thumps!

Position heels at base and ffflloop backwards..all will be well in the morning!

sleep tight!..and those shells can wait.;)

Thumper
31-Oct-07, 22:55
Karia.....I cant move from this seat!:eek: I will have to sit awhile until the monkey nuts go down ;) xx

helenwyler
31-Oct-07, 23:07
Try about 20 gentle alternate-legged thumps, then sit down, post, and then another twenty...slow but sure, you can make it up to bed Thumper!

Perhaps you should guise as Squirrel Nutkin (a bit English:eek:maybe!!) next Halloween..no probs with the nuts then;)!

MadPict
31-Oct-07, 23:58
We went out to the pub to avoid the gangs of doorstep muggers that come round the village.

What happens? Pub is all decked out with pumpkin laterns etc and this family comes in with a wee girl dressed as a skeleton. After about five minutes she wanders over without her skull mask on and proceeds to tell is all about her costume. Not sure what she expected? A pint? Some of my meal?

For a moment the grumpy visage cracked and I humoured her...

Jeemag_USA
01-Nov-07, 00:08
Lots of people were dressed up at work today. I had all sorts of smart comments about what I was dressed up as today and my answer to all of them was "The usual, a Scottish Immigrant, now clear off before I eat your children" :P

Moira
01-Nov-07, 00:51
We went out to the pub to avoid the gangs of doorstep muggers that come round the village.

What happens? Pub is all decked out with pumpkin laterns etc and this family comes in with a wee girl dressed as a skeleton. After about five minutes she wanders over without her skull mask on and proceeds to tell is all about her costume. Not sure what she expected? A pint? Some of my meal?

For a moment the grumpy visage cracked and I humoured her...

You have me intrigued now MP.... What happened next?

Jeemag_USA
01-Nov-07, 01:05
Well what a Halloween we had, just got rid of the police, ambulance and fire brigade. Everything was going just lovely then some senior High School kids drive up in a car and call my son over when he gets their they started pelting him and ourt house with eggs, my son in his infinant wisdom grabs onto the car window to try and stop them and they drive off and drag him, when he lets go they run over his leg then screech their tires and set off at high speed in the dark with small kids everywhere. My son is now up at hospital with his mother and grandmother and the police are round at some dumb idiot kids house asking his parents questions about his behaviour. That kid is lucky I was upstairs and not on the street at the time, any kid of 18 is old enough for a doin when they threaten my family!

I hate Halloween. :mad:

On a lighter note i got some photos and will post them in a little bit. :Razz

Moi x
01-Nov-07, 01:12
What a horrible thing to do. I hope your son is ok.

Moi x

Jeemag_USA
01-Nov-07, 01:24
Oh he is fine, just his ego bruised a little bit, the only reason I got the police involved was these kids were endangering a multitude of kids from 2 years old upwards, this is why parents shoudl always know where their kids are, there was four people in the car, one 18, one 17 and two 16, the dumbest thing about them is they didn't realise that each year the school issues a yearbook diary with all kids names and addresses in it. These kids were out for pranking and I don't think they had any real evil intention, they just wanted to be nasty, and they'll pay for it as their parents will kill them after the police leave.

Anyway we didn't get bu two photos before this happened.

http://file038a.bebo.com/8/large/2007/11/01/00/2055488899a5985256666l.jpg

Parents make sure you know where your kids are!

http://file038a.bebo.com/8/large/2007/11/01/00/2055488899a5985256681l.jpg

I'll spare you the picture of his ankle, its not pretty 8-)

Anne x
01-Nov-07, 01:28
Oh he is fine, just his ego bruised a little bit, the only reason I got the police involved was these kids were endangering a multitude of kids from 2 years old upwards, this is why parents shoudl always know where their kids are, there was four people in the car, one 18, one 17 and two 16, the dumbest thing about them is they didn't realise that each year the school issues a yearbook diary with all kids names and addresses in it. These kids were out for pranking and I don't think they had any real evil intention, they just wanted to be nasty, and they'll pay for it as their parents will kill them after the police leave.

I rest my case !!! I hope everone concerned is okay Ax

Torvaig
01-Nov-07, 11:31

I hope that's a picture of the culprit buried in your garden. Give your son our best wishes and well done for doing something about them even though he did come off the worst; he's a brave young man.

MadPict
01-Nov-07, 12:07
Jeemag,
Sorry to hear about your lad.

That's where my dislike of modern Halloween practices lies. If it were just youngsters under 12 going round with parental supervision then I would not be such a grumpy old git. But on the way home from the pub we passed a gang of about 8 teenagers - why the hell are they going out doing this? There were no small kids in the group so it wasn't a case of acting as 'guardian' for wee ones.

If residents wish to 'invite' kids to knock on the door by 'advertising' they are taking part (with house decorations for example) then fair enough but we have many old folk in the village and I dare say they sit in darkness if they don't wish to be bothered by people trick or treating.

But the 'spirit' of Halloween has been hijacked in many places by roaming gangs of tenagers who have no right to demand anything with a threat of vandalism if you don't 'pay up'!

Moira,
She was chatting away quite merrily and her mother aplogised to us and told her to stop bothering us and to say 'hope you enjoy your meal'. She was a cutie and well behaved to be honest so I managed to supress my normal dourness...

Moi x
04-Nov-07, 02:52
Good to hear your son is ok Jeemag.

Moi x