PDA

View Full Version : trouble in toon

weeksider
31-Oct-07, 19:53
I heard of a lot o trouble/divelment last night as windows were smashed,cars damaged ,eggs thrown @ cars & people ,bags o flour thrown @ doorways
why because of kick e door night
cctv cameras on ,police out in force but no person/s stopped arrested in pultney
Why

lady penelope
31-Oct-07, 20:16
The police were taking names and I assume planning speaking to the parents of the children - yes- children that my family walked past last night. They had water balloons and were in a large gang.
Maybe the devilment/ vandalism is being treated as a civil matter as the children are still young.

nanoo
31-Oct-07, 21:29
When i was walking home last night, just after eight o'clock i passed windows that had eggs on them, others had cream (like nestles cream) and the one that really made me stop and look was baked beans. That was all on one street. I know it's supposed to be a bit of fun but i think they get more outrageous each year. Also as i passed the bottom of one street i saw police officers come out of their patrol car and line a whole group of youngsters up against a wall and it looked like they were taking all their names and addresses down in their note books. Further along i was absolutely gobsmacked to see TWO POLICE OFFICERS in front of me WALKING. I don't know when i last saw a policeman/woman walking the beat. Perhaps they should do it more often.:roll::confused

Phoebus_Apollo
31-Oct-07, 22:17
I heard of a lot o trouble/divelment last night as windows were smashed,cars damaged ,eggs thrown @ cars & people ,bags o flour thrown @ doorways
why because of kick e door night
cctv cameras on ,police out in force but no person/s stopped arrested in pultney
Why

That`s just standard Wick behaviour...there has been no trouble in Thurso.

Thumper
31-Oct-07, 22:22
Kick e doorie night has been going for years!I remember as a child getting up to "pranks" but nothing bad!I had thought it had died out,but seemingly not!A wee bit of fun is fine but not if it causes fear,upset or harm x

katrina
31-Oct-07, 22:32
Was disgusted to see these "kids" also had been throwing the eggs and beans at the pensioner house in Huddart Street, probably knowing fully these are elderly residents.:~(

Dog-eared
31-Oct-07, 22:43
I hope they kicked the dorie of the Miller Academy Head.
It used to be a bit of fun way back when.

LOL