PDA

View Full Version : Better Sports Facilities in Caithness

Debz89
30-Oct-07, 15:59
I'm looking for some opinions on whether a new sports centre (e.g. the one proposed for Halkirk) would change the lifestyles of youths growing up in Caithness. I am doing a project for a research class so trying to get as many opinions as possible. Do you think it would improve the quality of sports up here if people had somewhere to train more often? Would it keep youths off the streets therefore leading to less crime? Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

highlander4
30-Oct-07, 19:09
I'm looking for some opinions on whether a new sports centre (e.g. the one proposed for Halkirk) would change the lifestyles of youths growing up in Caithness. I am doing a project for a research class so trying to get as many opinions as possible. Do you think it would improve the quality of sports up here if people had somewhere to train more often? Would it keep youths off the streets therefore leading to less crime? Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

What are they planning for halkirk? Is it going to be another gym or will it be a centre for all kinds of sports where they will teach you them?

dozy
30-Oct-07, 21:26
It should be built on the site of the old mart next to the school ,this would allow students to get the exercise they all need .Plus much more ??

nikki
01-Nov-07, 14:34
I heard about 2 years ago there were plans to build a sports center kind of thing in lybster on the grass beside the road near the golf club house. still havent heard anymore about it, but at the time my friends and i were delighted at the prospect of having somewhere to play sports and have a laugh, even though none of us are really the sporty type.

mccaugm
01-Nov-07, 15:44
I feel that the local community needs a new, decent, well equipped centre with up-to-date facilities. I think this will be a bonus for the local kids and of course adults. The options available at the moment are very limited. With the new centre there will be more facilities available and as its modern I feel that it will be well used by young and old alike. The locals can try out new sports which can only be of benefit. I might be a tad biased but I am delighted its going to be built in Halkirk...rumour has it the building work starts next year.