PDA

View Full Version : eagles new album [long road out of eden]

botheed
29-Oct-07, 22:26
highly recommended, got it today, brill ,well worth the long wait:Razz

Jeemag_USA
29-Oct-07, 23:21
highly recommended, got it today, brill ,well worth the long wait:Razz

Thanks for the heads up, haven't had a chance to listen to any of their new stuff but will check it out. Seems to be the year of the comebacks, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street band have released a new album and so has John Fogarty of Creedence Cleerwater, heard a conge from it called Creedence Time today and it was not half bad really, captured the old CCR sound nicely.

Moira
30-Oct-07, 00:27
Cheers for this info. That's part of hubby's Christmas pressie sorted now :D

Metalattakk
30-Oct-07, 04:31
28 years since their last album - jings, that's 7 World Cups. :D

@ Jeemag:
I've had the new Fogerty album for a few weeks now, and it's really, really good. The man just knows what to do.

Jeemag_USA
30-Oct-07, 12:23
It said on the radio here today the album is released today, but it will only be sold at Walmart and walmart.com which means it will not be allowed to appear on the Billboard charts because the album has to be on general sale everywhere for that to happen. So its not going to be a number one album here, I am sure they don't care though.

nikki
02-Nov-07, 13:58
bought it last night, listened to it on the way home. didnt really sound like them, have they got a new singer?

Moira
02-Nov-07, 23:04
We listened to a track from the new album on the radio here tonight. It sounded like the Eagles to me, but I'm not really "eagle-eared". Hubby did remark that they've not been the same since they sacked Don Felder so it looks like he's going to be disappointed with at least one Santa parcel this year..... again.... :roll:

plutonio
12-Nov-07, 17:51
i got the album last week, think it's very average. Maybe after a few more listen it will grow on me?

The Pepsi Challenge
12-Nov-07, 18:50
Did you see the price of the tickets for their London show? £950. Everybody should download the album for free. To hell with those post-hippy cash junkies. They ought to call the gig: Take It To The Limit (Of Your Credit Card).