PDA

View Full Version : Asda..Thurso!

karia
29-Oct-07, 21:24
Was in Asda Alloa today and picked up one of their brochures which lists all of their stores...including Asda Thurso!:eek:

Is it all done and dusted then?

Karia

bluelady
29-Oct-07, 21:26
hi Karia, must be invisable cos I aint seen it [lol] they must be thinking ahead

Ash
29-Oct-07, 21:40
Was in Asda Alloa today and picked up one of their brochures which lists all of their stores...including Asda Thurso!:eek:

Is it all done and dusted then?

Karia

ooooh maybe that means WE ARE getting it:D

Bobinovich
29-Oct-07, 21:42
Can't find anything on their site. Searched for Thurso there and it said 'Your search for "thurso" returned 1 results" but there was no link for a result to read LOL!

karia
29-Oct-07, 21:45
Hi bluelady,

Asda 'Made in Scotland' ..middle pages!

Asda stores in Scotland

Lovely wee dot where they've conquered Thurso.with THURSO written across it for the doubtful,...... or hard of Geography!:)

Looks like they are taking this one to the bank!

karia

Riffman
29-Oct-07, 21:58
Press release July 2006:

By developing a store format to suit smaller country towns such as the one we opened in Huntly in May, we now have plans to bring ASDA to Thurso, Tain and Banff for the convenience of many people and to help reduce the amount of traveling which people here take as a fact of life to do the weekly shop.”

karia
29-Oct-07, 22:00
ooooh maybe that means WE ARE getting it:D

Not Necessarily Ash..but it's a pretty good sign when they are including your geographical 'hot spots ' in their stores list map!;)

Kariax

Ash
29-Oct-07, 22:34
Not Necessarily Ash..but it's a pretty good sign when they are including your geographical 'hot spots ' in their stores list map!;)

Kariax

aaauw dont ruin it for me please

lol:D

karia
29-Oct-07, 22:44
Hi Ash,

We have huge branches of Asda down here and like all supermarkets they are formulaic..first visit is great and then you think..is that it??:confused

I am certain you will get your Asda..but it isn't gonna make your dreams come true!

That you will manage all by yourself!;)

karia

Ash
29-Oct-07, 22:46
Hi Ash,

We have huge branches of Asda down here and like all supermarkets they are formulaic..first visit is great and then you think..is that it??

I am certain you will get your Asda..but it isn't gonna make your dreams come true!

That you will manage all by yourself!;)

karia

oh i know but we need something new. im soo fed up of the coop! im sad i know:~(

bekisman
30-Oct-07, 08:52
We're still waitng for the 'Reporters' view in Thurso, but meanwhile in Inverness: (BBC 30th Oct:)
Inverness Chamber of Commerce is consulting its members before a decision on whether to back Asda's plans for a new supermarket. Asda is hoping to open its first store in the city while rival supermarket giant Tesco already has three. Chamber chief executive Casia Zajac said the debate should not come down to Asda versus Tesco. Highland Council delayed making a decision on Asda's planning application to allow for a traffic impact study. The chain hopes to break rival Tesco's dominance of the grocery market in the city by building a 45,000 sq ft (4,180 sq m) store. Asda has identified a site at Slackbuie on the Southern Distributor Road for a shop and petrol station. Ms Zajac said: "In the spirit of consultation with our members, we have asked them for feedback so that we can arrive at a representative and carefully thought through conclusion." "It's important that we look at the planning of Inverness holistically and not purely as a Tesco versus Asda issue."