PDA

View Full Version : Halloween at Miller NEW INFO

bagpuss2
29-Oct-07, 17:01
Hi according to Miss Warren the kids ARE allowed to dress up for school on wednesday,seems to have been some confusion about the whole thing,was hoping that the kids would have come with an information slip today but they didnt.So YEEHA halloween is on for the kids,spread the word to all parents of kids thanks.

Ash
29-Oct-07, 17:02
but why did they receive a letter saying not to

my nephew in P1 got one:confused

bobsgirl
29-Oct-07, 17:36
I dont know if I will be putting kids to school or not in fancy dress unless it comes to light what is right or wrong. I would prefer if there was a note home from the teachers saying yes or no.
Wont be dressing them up otherwise!!

young
29-Oct-07, 17:40
dont think i will be dressing my son up either unless there is a note home. they only used to dress up in the afternoon before when they were having there partys.

mums angels
29-Oct-07, 21:17
but why did they receive a letter saying not to

my nephew in P1 got one:confused

I have 2 kids in Miller and none of them came home from school with letters saying that they were not allowed to dress up .. the letter stated that halloween activities, parties etc wouldn't be done this year .

However I also won't be sending the kids to school dressed up unless i do get confirmation that thay are allowed too .

mums angels
30-Oct-07, 22:13
Well there was no notes home from school today so i phoned up and asked them if the children were allowed to dress up tomorow and i was told that they were allowed to dress up but it woulod have to be a nice costume ..nothing goulish was the reply i got . so tomorrow i have decided that i will send a pirates of the carribean costume( thats ok ..i asked ) in his school bag and then its up to him weather he wants to wear it or not . as for the eldest she point blank said no to dressing up as she didn't want to upset miss warren . :)

Cattach
31-Oct-07, 13:07
Hi according to Miss Warren the kids ARE allowed to dress up for school on wednesday,seems to have been some confusion about the whole thing,was hoping that the kids would have come with an information slip today but they didnt.So YEEHA halloween is on for the kids,spread the word to all parents of kids thanks.

Confusion, Yes - caused by the Head Teacher. Shooting from the hip and then having to back pedal. No Hallowe'en, then yes nice costumes, no witches and devils!!! You either disapprove of Hallowe'en and stick by your principles or you have no objection and let it go ahead.