PDA

View Full Version : Raymond Chef?

zappster
28-Oct-07, 19:16
The Dragon house Chinese restaurant (The one doon at the camps) Has changed its name to Raymond Chef!!What a strange name for a chinese restaurant!!
Dont Know if its new management but the meals are slightly different

hotrod4
28-Oct-07, 19:19
Im gonna try it the night.
If Im right I think its Raymond from Castletown who used to have dempster street.
Hope so cos his food is the best chinese in Caithness :)

mccaugm
28-Oct-07, 19:57
Why change a great restaurant? They better keep the same menu especially the vegetarian dishes. I will be mad if they don't. It was the only chinese I found that actually catered properly for vegetarians.

The Chinese takeaways in Thurso are not great at all. But travelling all the way to Wick is a bit of a pain. Thurso Chinese takeaways...take note!

Ash
28-Oct-07, 20:03
some people like change i guess..... i love eighty eighty in thurso, there not all bad

TBH
28-Oct-07, 20:46
I hope the meals will remain the same and if changed it will only reflect what the customer wants, i.e, supply and demand.:D

parkie
28-Oct-07, 21:14
it is raymond from castletown,dempster st,best chef in town

ashaw1
30-Oct-07, 22:54
Have just finished a take away from there tonight and the food was lovely!

nanoo
31-Oct-07, 13:38
So glad to hear Raymond is back in town. My other half and i never went anywhere else for a chinese when Raymond had the Dempster Street shop. I for one sorely missed him. Welcome back.;)

mccaugm
31-Oct-07, 16:49
Do they still do tofu/soya beancurd as this was gorgeous when the previous owners had it. I would travel for miles for a chinese that sold it. The ones in Thurso don't do it, much to my chagrin.

ashaw1
31-Oct-07, 17:15
Do they still do tofu/soya beancurd as this was gorgeous when the previous owners had it. I would travel for miles for a chinese that sold it. The ones in Thurso don't do it, much to my chagrin.
Have got the menu here infront of me now but the only vegetarian dishes they seem to do are vegetable based, no tofu or soya i'm afraid.

connieb19
31-Oct-07, 18:09
Does anyone know the telephone number for it?

hotrod4
31-Oct-07, 19:28
Does anyone know the telephone number for it?

Yes connie its 602288.
ENJOY!!! :)

oscar
31-Oct-07, 19:29
its 01955 602288

connieb19
31-Oct-07, 19:33
Thanks folks, I cannot be bothered cooking tonight so I'll give it a try. :)

mccaugm
31-Oct-07, 20:18
Have got the menu here infront of me now but the only vegetarian dishes they seem to do are vegetable based, no tofu or soya i'm afraid.

Back to square one...does anyone know a Chinese restaurant or takeaway that sells tofu or Soya beancurd???

dirdyweeker
31-Oct-07, 23:42
Just make sure if you do go that you have cash. He is still waiting for a line for his credit card machine and he doesn't accept cheques.
Having said that we enjoyed an excellent meal there tonight with great service. They even gave the bairns who came in with their parents a Halloween sweetie.