PDA

View Full Version : Clocks back

floyed
28-Oct-07, 13:21
So did anyone forget to put the clocks back today???

Has anyone got any funny stories to tell i could do with a giggle??

hotrod4
28-Oct-07, 13:26
Got up at "6:25" this morning thought that wasnt bad as I normally wake at 5.Then it hit me I forgot to put the clocks back,not a happy bunny!!!!
This forum requires that you wait 120 seconds between posts. Please try again in 32 seconds.
This forum requires that you wait 120 seconds between posts. Please try again in 14 seconds

Good to see the .org clock still works fine!!! :)

JimH
28-Oct-07, 13:41
I spent a bit of time last night putting the various clocks back, and went to bed happy.
WRONG - How do I put the Dog's clock back?
Answers please suitable for translation into Brodie's language.

quirbal
28-Oct-07, 13:56
But did anyone accidently put their clocks forward?:)

Bananas
28-Oct-07, 14:05
I work with someone, who always turns up an hour late for work, the monday following, the clocks going back, can't wait for tomorrow morning! Funny thing it never effects him in the spring.

telfordstar
28-Oct-07, 14:52
not got a funny story kids were up at 7am and the whole day seems to be dragging:(

Julia
28-Oct-07, 15:17
My Grandad once put his clock back instead of forward and arrived for his sunday lunch at 11am :lol:

Ash
28-Oct-07, 15:23
not got a funny story kids were up at 7am and the whole day seems to be dragging:(

im the same! :(

Thumper
28-Oct-07, 15:28
I used to work in CGH and one year I woke up late...ran to work threw on my uniform and dashed to the ward expecting to get laldy for being late.....ran in and everything was quiet then the sister on duty appeared,she took one look at me and asked what i was doing there,omg I thought to myself i have been fired for being late!.....it was actually only 5am!Not only had the clocks gone back but when i woke up thinking I had slept in I didn't even look at the clock just ran to work,exit one daft bunny to have a wee doze in the staffroom until my shift was supposed to start x

telfordstar
28-Oct-07, 23:41
not sure about anyone else but i have found today the longest day EVER i swear the clock has stopped moving today :( but thank heavens its getting near bedtime:)

riggerboy
29-Oct-07, 17:08
I work with someone, who always turns up an hour late for work, the monday following, the clocks going back, can't wait for tomorrow morning! Funny thing it never effects him in the spring.

well fit happened ????????????????

George Brims
29-Oct-07, 20:47
My mum turned up at the kirk in Watten an hour early one year.

Meanwhile in the US our eejit politicians decided to alter the dates of the time change this year. It used to be that we changed the same time as the rest of the world in the autumn but a week later in the spring (or was it the other way round - anyway there used to be just one week when the time difference wasn't 8 hours). Now it's an week until we change, but I was just saying that on the phone yesterday to my sister in Edinburgh, and I realised the video system had already set itself back an hour overnight. Computers know about the new setup via an update from Microsoft, but things like VCRs have been pre-programmed with the old system and can't be updated!

honey
29-Oct-07, 21:46
slightly different... but i remember years ago when i was a kid... we had one of my "posh" friends staying over the night the clocks went forward .. and we had arranged to meet her mum at the swimming pool at 12..

q 11:15 am and theres a brisk rap at the door... and friends mum standing there horrified to see us all in our jammies running riot.. as you do on a sunday morning..

suppose you had to be there, but it was rather funny at the time!

Anne x
30-Oct-07, 00:46
not sure about anyone else but i have found today the longest day EVER i swear the clock has stopped moving today :( but thank heavens its getting near bedtime:)

My sentiments exactly yesterday I was fine today grrrr wait til the spring Im worse grrrr

The Pepsi Challenge
30-Oct-07, 05:10
The clocks going back has to be one of the most depressing aspects of the year. It just puts everyone in a bad mood (that lasts 6 months) and the only people who seem to benefit from it, is the farmers. SAD indeed.

floyed
30-Oct-07, 09:40
Some great stories:D

LRM
30-Oct-07, 13:08
one of my friends was at her elderly fathers and changed all the clocks for him, it wasn't until she went home she realised she had put them all forward so she had to phone him and tell him to put them all back 2 hours....
also had a friend who stayed in the nurses home in kirkwall but went home to the islands for a long weekend. Appeared back to work an hour late on the Tuesday as she had gone by the clock in the nurses home that hadn't been changed. She took a lot of ribbing for that...