PDA

View Full Version : Infringements of civil rights.

fred
28-Oct-07, 10:35
Last Wednesday a court in Ayr placed a man on the sex offenders register for the offence of having sexual intercourse with a bicycle. This offence did not occur in a public place, the act was committed in a locked hotel room and only came to light because cleaners used a master key to open the door.

Considering the serious implications of being on a sex offenders register did the courts have any right to impose this sentence on someone who has not shown himself to be a danger to the public and for an act committed in private behind a locked door between consenting adult and inanimate object?

bluelady
28-Oct-07, 10:40
what is e world coming to ? and e real culprits gets lenient sentences.

Ash
28-Oct-07, 10:59
ok how on earth can you have sexual intercourse with a BIKE!!!

ok he may not have been harming anyone but he sounds disturbed:confused:eek:

hotrod4
28-Oct-07, 10:59
But what about the poor bike? Bet it was tyred afterwards! ;),Sorry couldnt resist.
Seriously If he wasnt harming anyone then whats the problem,i walk around with nothing on at home does that mean I can be done for exposure?
The sentences that the courts are handing out are a joke.
I am forever reading in the "groat" of people who have broken their restriction orders who have their sentences put off for reports then it will state that they are subject to ANOTHER restriction order! I thought if you break it then its jail, or I am ignorant of the court system? :(

fred
28-Oct-07, 11:17
ok how on earth can you have sexual intercourse with a BIKE!!!

I don't know. I think I would probably take it for a night out, treat it to a can of WD40, lavish it with gifts, a diamond encrusted bell or something then go back to the hotel and offer to blow its tyres up in the candle light.

Ash
28-Oct-07, 11:19
I don't know. I think I would probably take it for a night out, treat it to a can of WD40, lavish it with gifts, a diamond encrusted bell or something then go back to the hotel and offer to blow its tyres up in the candle light.

haha very funny....:lol:

Bananas
28-Oct-07, 11:37
Just imagine TV, if Monty Python had got that idea!

Bananas
28-Oct-07, 11:40
Had another thought on this one, I remember when I was about ten years old slipping of the bicycle saddle when belting it down a hill, landling rather hard on the crossbar (I think that may have been my first time!) That's all on the subject...

scorrie
28-Oct-07, 11:46
Was it a Chopper Bike? ;)

Anyway, it might be one of those scenarios where it is bikes one day and maybe mopeds the next, before you know it cars are targeted and then, without warning, some guy is sneaking a bus into the lift of the Ritz Hotel after having slipped some Rhohipnol into her diesel martini!!

fred
28-Oct-07, 11:46
Had another thought on this one, I remember when I was about ten years old slipping of the bicycle saddle when belting it down a hill, landling rather hard on the crossbar (I think that may have been my first time!) That's all on the subject...

I had a theory that the "Chopper" bike with the gear lever right in front of the saddle was invented to combat the population explosion.

hotrod4
28-Oct-07, 13:45
Was it a Chopper Bike? ;)

Anyway, it might be one of those scenarios where it is bikes one day and maybe mopeds the next, before you know it cars are targeted and then, without warning, some guy is sneaking a bus into the lift of the Ritz Hotel after having slipped some Rhohipnol into her diesel martini!!

LOL :) Well said scorrie ,forever the optimist!!!

quirbal
28-Oct-07, 14:33
Imagine how shocked the person that caught him would have been.

horseman
28-Oct-07, 14:37
Seems as thou' he may have been in the act of 'mounting 'the bike, an I dare not elaborate on that,but surely any half decent brief would have advanded the theory (position) that he was merely assessing different riding positions!
Remind me no to go to Ayr,no even riding thru'.;)

northener
28-Oct-07, 15:24
I've been in lots of hotel rooms with lots of bikes........

Nice girls when you get to know them:eek:

Ash
28-Oct-07, 15:25
I've been in lots of hotel rooms with lots of bikes........

Nice girls when you get to know them:eek:

thats awful!:confused