PDA

View Full Version : Charity Gig on Friday 2nd Nov. Weigh Inn / Caithness Big Band

davem
28-Oct-07, 00:44
Hi All
As seen in the Courier there is "A Night to Remember" at the Weigh Inn on Friday 2/11/07 8.00PM till 1.00. Its in aid of Maggie's Cancer Care, Macmillan Nurses and Cancer Research. We are remembering Jim Marshall a founder of the Big Band and all round inspiration for lots of people and activities throughout Caithness.
The Caithness Big Band will be playing, also with the North Coast Jazz Band and rounding off the evening will be the After Hours Rythmn and Blues Review.
It'll be a night of great music and entertainment in honour of a really special person. It's for a great cause and only £5 with some really good raffle prizes too.
Tickets from Young Robertson, the Cancer Shop or Cards and Things, last year it sold out pretty quickly so you can't count on getting in on the night.
Look forward to seeing as many people as poss.

PS any Mods watching could this be a sticky and/or on the news page
Cheers
Dave

Bill Fernie
28-Oct-07, 09:45
Done - going on front page in a few moments from now and stickied until the event. Send a couple of photos if you get time.

cheers

Bill Fernie

Bill Fernie
31-Oct-07, 13:55
I am told tickets are selling fast for this gig so get your skates on if you are thinking about going

davem
31-Oct-07, 18:11
I&M Raffles have 17 left as of this afternoon.
Looking forward to seeing everyone there
Cheers
Dave

Royster1911
03-Nov-07, 03:19
What a great night. The music was fantastic from all three bands. The late Jim Marshall would have been very proud of all the musicians involved. A big thanks to all of you from me and my wiser half.:~(

Torvaig
03-Nov-07, 10:16
I agree; a great night! Good to see people up dancing as well. Loved Hilary's solo on the sax; she has a special touch.

davem
03-Nov-07, 11:16
What a good night, all the bands had a great time, thanks to everyone for coming, dancing and being such an appreciative audience. Well done for everyone organising, selling tickets and contributing to the event. We'll post as soon as we get the maths done on the amount raised.
The whole thing wouldn't have happened without Jim and his infectious enthusiasm, Same time next year?
Thanks again
Dave

Torvaig
03-Nov-07, 13:32
What a good night, all the bands had a great time, thanks to everyone for coming, dancing and being such an appreciative audience. Well done for everyone organising, selling tickets and contributing to the event. We'll post as soon as we get the maths done on the amount raised.
The whole thing wouldn't have happened without Jim and his infectious enthusiasm, Same time next year?
Thanks again
Dave

Of course!:)

davem
05-Nov-07, 18:27
Hi All
Total so far with some bits and bobs left to come in £1600.
Thanks again to everyone organising, playing , showing posters, selling tickets, getting raffle prizes, donating prizes and coming on the night;
also the Courier for their article. Thanks Bill too for the publicity on the org.
I believe the people who won the pairs of Bjorn Again tickets for the Ironworks (16th Dec.) can't make it there so they are on offer for donations to the charities.
Cheers
Dave