PDA

View Full Version : best chinese meal

dandod
27-Oct-07, 00:30
been going to chinese takeaways for a while and seem to have the same thing everytime.what does anyone reccomend?:confused

floyed
27-Oct-07, 11:17
I love deep fried shredded chicken, roast pork egg foo yung or chicken maggie its like sweet and sour but spicy and chow mein is always tasty:D

Ash
27-Oct-07, 11:29
i always have deep fried shredded chicken, or salt and chili chicken without the chilli as its to spicy for me with:D

what is egg foo yung-always wanted to know

ashaw1
27-Oct-07, 11:47
I tend to stick to what i like, every time i have tried something different it has been a complete disappointment. I too am a lover of deep fried shredded chicken with chilli or chicken balls with curry sauce and chips.It really depends what your taste is.

Thumper
27-Oct-07, 12:23
I love chicken and green pepper in blackbean sauce,but I usually make it myself at home because I am not too keen on the chicken you get in a takeaway,hate it all rubbery and they use the dark meat as well which I don't like, so when I buy a takeaway the dog gets the meat and I eat the rest :( x

floyed
27-Oct-07, 12:30
i always have deep fried shredded chicken, or salt and chili chicken without the chilli as its to spicy for me with:D

what is egg foo yung-always wanted to know

It's like an omelette with bean sprouts, sliced onion and the meat that you want in it, i ask for a little sweet and sour sauce on top as i find it quite dry on its own.

laguna2
27-Oct-07, 12:31
Salt and pepper squid! :D

karia
27-Oct-07, 12:40
Barbecued spare ribs with extra gravy...and a fingerbowl!;)

Prefer Indian food these days.

mums angels
27-Oct-07, 14:19
I have what they call Yummy crispy chicken in schezhen sauce and noodles from Charlie chans then do it in any sauce you like friends like it on orange sauce, peking sauce etc ...

kids like orange chicken or chicken parcels and hubby usually sticks to sweet and sour chicken cantonese style with egg fried rice ..oh yes and bbq spare ribs

now i fancy a chinese tonight :)

quirbal
27-Oct-07, 14:56
Mmmmm. Chinese:)

LENSMAN
27-Oct-07, 15:27
Mongolian Beef from the Dragon House.

golach
27-Oct-07, 15:35
Ask Changi, she loves Crispy Aromatic Duck from Chino's in Edinburgh, she is an expert on Crispy Duck [lol]

superted
27-Oct-07, 15:35
Guess what I'm going to have to get for tea tonight!!!....:lol::lol:

Wish
27-Oct-07, 15:55
Crispy duck pancakes, prawn toast and sweet n sour chicken with fried rice is my fave, although we don't have it that often, every 3-4 months.

ashaw1
27-Oct-07, 16:04
Guess what I'm going to have to get for tea tonight!!!....:lol::lol:
Me too i think!

lynne duncan
27-Oct-07, 16:06
deep fried shredded chicken
mm! chinese tonight

bish667
27-Oct-07, 16:26
Shanghai style King Prawns with rice :D

Dadie
27-Oct-07, 18:04
thia beef and plain boiled rice for me!

gardenergirl
27-Oct-07, 18:10
I usually go for chicken fried rice with sween n' sour sauce, or sweet n' sour chicken with fried rice. Though lately I've developed a taste for special fried rice.

All of the above taste good stuffed inside a prawn cracker! :D

karia
27-Oct-07, 18:19
First flat I ever had was above a Chinese take-away and they did some strange composite dishes that shouldn't have worked but did.

My particular favourite was Sweet and Sour Beef Chop Suey!:roll:

It was very hard to come in tired from work and resist the aromas wafting up the stairs......I put on half a stone in the year or less I was there.

Happy Days!:D

Karia

helenwyler
27-Oct-07, 18:47
It's made me so hungry reading this thread...and we're not eating till 8.30ish:confused!

Personal favoutites are Wan Ton Soup, Steamed Prawn Dumplings and Crispy Duck Pancakes (mmmm...that hoisin sauce!:D).

And the nice man that brings them!

karia
27-Oct-07, 18:56
Indeed Helen..Steamed Prawn Dumplings are ace.

Dim Sum appears much more often on Chinese restaurant menu's in the south.

Not certain why they don't think we Scots would take to it.:confused

We must have easily 20 or 30 Chinese Establishments in Falkirk and the environs, to my knowledge only one does Dim Sum and perhaps three have a Tofu option.:(

karia

hap
27-Oct-07, 19:02
Barbecued spare ribs for me :D:D

karia
27-Oct-07, 19:08
Once went on a 'hot date' but could not resist the BBQ Spare Ribs and Corn on the Cob starters.:roll:

I spent 20 mins in the loo crying 'cause I hadn't brought a toothbrush and trying to improvise.

Thankfully OH remembers it with fondness!:lol:

karia

mums angels
27-Oct-07, 19:11
well hubby and i have now decided after this thread to have a chinese tonight (am thinking the takeawasys might be busy tonight :Razz) .. i'm going to be brave and try something different - crispy chicken in chilli sauce and noodles, i'm looking forward to it but am very nervous :D hubby is having crispy chicken with sweet and sour and fried rice(he's not the brave type)and of course BBQ spare ribs

we always use Charlie chans does anyone recommend any of the others in Thurso ?

Ash
27-Oct-07, 19:15
well hubby and i have now decided after this thread to have a chinese tonight (am thinking the takeawasys might be busy tonight i'm going to be brave and try something different - crispy chicken in chilli sauce and noodles, i'm looking forward to it but am very nervous :D hubby is having crispy chicken with sweet and sour and fried rice(he's not the brave type)and of course BBQ spare ribs

we always use Charlie chans does anyone recommend any of the others in Thurso ?

eighty-eighty is really good, always used to go to charlie chan then my OH introduced me to eighty-eighty, you only pay an xtra 20p for fried rice or chips that go with your main meal - very friendly aswell:D

karia
27-Oct-07, 19:25
You do realise how difficult it is gonnae be to get a Chinese meal in Wick and Thurso tonight, don't you?

They won't know what's hit them!:eek:

Perhaps if you mention the Org you will get 10% off.;)

mums angels
27-Oct-07, 19:31
eighty-eighty is really good, always used to go to charlie chan then my OH introduced me to eighty-eighty, you only pay an xtra 20p for fried rice or chips that go with your main meal - very friendly aswell:D

i have only tried 88 once when they first opened, willl pick up a menu tonight on way to charlie chans and will try them next time ..

Bobinovich
27-Oct-07, 19:36
Dandod - if you're not already employed by one of the local Chinese restaurants then go in and suggest that you should be!!! You've managed to get half the county going for a takeaway tonight so you should at least be on commission [lol]

PS Mums let me know how the crispy chicken in chilli sauce goes - sounds nice!

mums angels
27-Oct-07, 19:49
Dandod - if you're not already employed by one of the local Chinese restaurants then go in and suggest that you should be!!! You've managed to get half the county going for a takeaway tonight so you should at least be on commission [lol]

PS Mums let me know how the crispy chicken in chilli sauce goes - sounds nice!

will do bob ..waiting for the kids to settle before going ..i'm starving reading all this :(