canuck
26-Oct-07, 19:33
Thank you!

quirbal
26-Oct-07, 20:22
Yes, I fully intend on doing so.

Ricco
26-Oct-07, 20:26
I don't do this extra hour bit - I shall be up as usual.

ashaw1
26-Oct-07, 20:27
I will but unfortunately the kids don't reset quite as easily.

scorrie
26-Oct-07, 20:58
Hate to be picky, but it is actually 2am Sunday that the darkness will begin to kick in. Do it before then and you will be like Dr Who and living in the past!!

Bobinovich
26-Oct-07, 22:31
So if we make it to Skinandis on Saturday night and, come 2am the clocks go back an hour, does that mean we get an extra hour in Skins???

mums angels
26-Oct-07, 22:36
So if we make it to Skinandis on Saturday night and, come 2am the clocks go back an hour, does that mean we get an extra hour in Skins???

i do remember being there one year and we got an extra hour so you will probably be lucky :D

Julia
26-Oct-07, 22:43
Hate to be picky, but it is actually 2am Sunday that the darkness will begin to kick in. Do it before then and you will be like Dr Who and living in the past!!

I have to put the clock back an hour before I go to bed or I just confuse myself next day. A few years back I could not reach the kitchen clock to change the time and it was like that for about 4 or 5 months, I had to add an hour mentally every time I looked at it and also had to explain to anybody else who questioned the time, when I did eventually get someone tall to set the correct time it was nearly time to put it back again, hey ho!

Julia
26-Oct-07, 22:45

i do remember being there one year and we got an extra hour so you will probably be lucky :D

Not sure 'lucky' is the word I was thinking of [lol]

karia
26-Oct-07, 22:47
I have to put the clock back an hour before I go to bed or I just confuse myself next day. A few years back I could not reach the kitchen clock to change the time and it was like that for about 4 or 5 months, I had to add an hour mentally every time I looked at it and also had to explain to anybody else who questioned the time, when I did eventually get someone tall to set the correct time it was nearly time to put it back again, hey ho!

The average house has at least seven clocks and five watches to reset...

...how much time do they think we have?[lol]

Karia

huh
26-Oct-07, 23:01
Lol, in this room alone I can count 9 devices that have a clock on them (I like gadgets like). Thankfully most of them change themselves!

Mr_Me19
26-Oct-07, 23:11
I'm on 9 too in this room alone. Hate to think about all the other ones in the house. And being the eldest male it means that I get the great job of changing the clocks on the electronics (video, microwave etc.) :lol:

I'm glad of the extra hour though. Got to work that morning so it means I get to take full advantage of it.

quirbal
26-Oct-07, 23:14
Including the computer I can only see 4 things in this room that will need changing. Although there will be an awful lot more around the house.:eek:

Niall Fernie
27-Oct-07, 10:24
Reminds me of the brilliant description of a non-technical person (from "The Internet Helpdesk" sketch)

"A Twelve O'Clock Flasher"

So named as the clock on every electronic device they own is flashing "12:00" [lol]

brandy
27-Oct-07, 11:13
*grins* hubby is on night shift so not so fun for him..
we really dont have many clocks.. the one on the pc.. the one in the living room sky has one i guess my watch.. and thats about it.. theirs one on the microwave and oven but they are not set. so only two clocks to change.. the wall clock and my watch.

northener
27-Oct-07, 11:40
I remember one Sunday just before mid-day banging loudly on my local pubs door and shouting loudly "Come on Dave, open up you ----- lazy person of doubtful parentage!" (or words to that effect)

Only to receive the retort from an upstairs window:

"Go away. The clocks went back last night you------- stupid person of doubtful parentage!" (or words to that effect....)

:roll:

Anne x
27-Oct-07, 13:07
Enjoy your extra hour of sleep.;)

Not for the folk on Night Duty they do a extra hour

Ax

cuddlepop
27-Oct-07, 14:17
Not for the folk on Night Duty they do a extra hour

Ax
That seems so unfair so you'l just have to make sure your on next spring when they go forward.
Not looking forward to this extra hour as the dogs will still be expecting their walkies at the usual time.
For once I hope its pouring tomorrow then they'll not be so keen.:lol:

Bobinovich
28-Oct-07, 14:02

Ha! Came to about 2.15am and it was announced not to forget that the clocks had gone back so it was now 1.15am, then they said 2 songs to go!!

So no extended night but t'was good crack nevertheless!

Anne x
28-Oct-07, 14:06
That seems so unfair so you'l just have to make sure your on next spring when they go forward.
Not looking forward to this extra hour as the dogs will still be expecting their walkies at the usual time.
For once I hope its pouring tomorrow then they'll not be so keen.:lol:

No me cuddlepop !!! But family members and yes dog was wanting her breakfast usual time