PDA

View Full Version : Online Tax Disc

Shabbychic
26-Oct-07, 14:39
Has anyone else tried getting their Tax Disc online?

I decided to try it this time, and it was great.

I am usually running about at the coo's tale trying to find my current MOT and insurance policy, but that is now a thing of the past.

It says on the site the Disc will arrive within 5 days, but I got it in 2.

No more post office queues for me.

kitty
26-Oct-07, 14:44
I've bought our tax online twice now and it saves alot of hassle. I was the same. Always looking for the mot and insurance. It's the way i'll be doing it from now on

NLP
26-Oct-07, 14:47
I've done ours on line the last 2 years it's great (and it's easy) comes home really quickly

northener
26-Oct-07, 15:14
Same here, easy peasy.

Dreamweaver
26-Oct-07, 15:22
Yes I've done it as well. Saves having to go to the post office - I know that means ruin for post offices but it just saves so much hassle.

Julia
26-Oct-07, 15:25
I've also used the service for the past couple of years, it's so convenient. The last time though my licence was late arriving and I still had the out-of-date one on the car, the traffic warden informed me that if it happened again to display the DVLA confirmation in the car window to cover myself.

ashaw1
26-Oct-07, 16:16
I used the online service last year and was very impressed.

mums angels
26-Oct-07, 16:32
i have done it online the last two years ..this year i went on holiday and forgot so it was handy that i could do it online

Lucy
26-Oct-07, 17:25
We have found this very good except for one occassion. we spent ages trying to get our disc on line, it wouldn't accept the numbers we put in etc. about an hour later i remembered that the car was now 3 years old and had forgotten to MOT it. Mad panic phoning a garage to get this done then had to go to post office as we were going away with the car 2 days later. [lol]

Bananas
26-Oct-07, 17:30
Agree - very easy and very fast postage.

flash
26-Oct-07, 17:52
Ive used this for several years now, in fact I re newed the SORN on a motorbike the other day, completly hassel free

Ricco
26-Oct-07, 20:35
Mrs Ricco and I have both used this service - works a treat. But do remember there is a time factor based on when it expires.

JAWS
26-Oct-07, 20:47
Used it last year and found it great. The only thing that irritated me was that you save them a lot of time, cost and effort then they charge you extra for the privilege of doing that.
They just can't resist turning the screw that little bit more!

horseman
26-Oct-07, 21:25
I h'aint tried it yet, but now I shall.

TRUCKER
26-Oct-07, 22:17
I found it very easy to do online and will keep doing it.

wifie
26-Oct-07, 23:54
Yes good service - very handy!

anneoctober
27-Oct-07, 23:41
We've used it for garage cars as well as our own. It's brilliant, no more hassle to get to the PO or queues OR having a Mr Jobsworth ask ridiculous questions . :mad: I'll probably regret saying this BUT it's been the most efficent "online" service to date.........:lol: